The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Help for Max Kullaway of 333Fab (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=271356)

oldfatslow 07-14-2021 08:57 PM

Help for Max Kullaway of 333Fab

3 Attachment(s)
My apologies if this is a repost.

Some of you are lucky enough to ride 333Fab's lust-worthy Ti and Steel bikes. Max Kullaway the builder and man behind 333Fab, and his wife Tarrell, are the sweetest, nicest, people you'd ever meet. What you may not know is that Max is nearing the end of a multi-year fight with cancer.

They could use the help of this community if you are able.

Details here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-f...rrell-kullaway

333Fab: www.333fab.com

If you can't support this effort please hug the ones you love. This ain't no dress rehearsal.

Joe 07-14-2021 09:16 PM

Max is a gracious and wonderful human being. This is sad and terrible news.

yinzerniner 07-14-2021 09:26 PM

**** cancer.

Godspeed to max and Tarrell.

Hellgate 07-14-2021 09:28 PM

He is indeed a wonderful person.

We were emailing a month or two a ago. At that point he was trying to complete jobs for people.

It's sad to see this happen to a kind, talented and brilliant person.

Thank you for sharing the link.

ducati2 07-14-2021 09:53 PM

Thanks for the link. I used to press my nose against the window of his shop while out on a ride to see what was going on. Wish I would have stopped in to say hello.

Peter B 07-14-2021 10:05 PM

Cancer SUCKS.

Just donated to take them over the top of their goal.

Please consider piling on.

veloduffer 07-14-2021 10:22 PM

Terrible news. Thanks for letting us know. Best wishes and prayers for Max and his family.

username 07-14-2021 10:36 PM

He and I talked last Friday. He was very, very tired but still in good spirits. Truly, he's a remarkable man who, so far as I know, was never anything but kind to others, dedicated to his craft, and devoted to those he loved.

roguedog 07-14-2021 11:51 PM

OH man. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I've never met him but walked in behind him at the hotel where apparently we were both staying for NAHBS. I just remember he had the kindest, warmest smile and seemed like he was nice and polite as he went about checking in.

I've loosely followed him on instagram.

I'm very very sorry to hear this. Strength and grace to both of them. :(

username 07-15-2021 11:35 AM

Bumping this so it stays near the top. One of the great people in the cycling community could use some help if you have the means. Thanks for your consideration.

72gmc 07-15-2021 11:48 AM

One of my favorite commuting memories is a brief conversation with Tarrell about the beautiful bike Max made for her, while we rolled along north Lake Union.

Thank you for sharing this link. Sad and glad that they're going through this together.

Kirk007 07-15-2021 12:07 PM

This is so sad. Max is a great person and very talented framebuilder. His AirLandSea concept was on the front wave of the move to all road bikes that could accomodate big knobbies and his ti bikes are beautiful. I will treasure my ALS.

NHAero 07-15-2021 12:35 PM

Thanks for posting. Don't know the man, but have been an admirer of his work. They need help and it's so great this community is here and willing!

crankles 07-15-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72gmc (Post 2956660)
One of my favorite commuting memories is a brief conversation with Tarrell about the beautiful bike Max made for her, while we rolled along north Lake Union.

Thank you for sharing this link. Sad and glad that they're going through this together.

I had a similar interaction some time ago. Was visiting my in-laws on Mercer. Doing island laps on my friends borrowed Steelman. Came across Tarrell and then rolled up on Max. I had only seen his work and didn't know the man by sight. As I passed, He commented on the Steelman and I commented on his ride, mentioning there was a women a few hundred yards back on another cool rig. He said, "oh thanks, She's my fiancé. I built both of them". It was then I realized it was Max himself. I slowed and we talked bikes/life for quite a while. Such a nice couple.

Be at peace.

Blue Jays 07-15-2021 02:23 PM

Such beautiful and heartfelt words in this thread.
Have enjoyed brief conversation with Max at shows.
So saddened to read this update. Will contribute.