The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Production Bikes (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lynskey PRO GR (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=263609)

mtb_frk 01-10-2021 09:06 PM

Lynskey PRO GR

8 Attachment(s)
I took advantage of the ever present Lynskey 20% off sale, and after much debate I decided to go with PRO GR frameset. I was looking for a Ti bike that wasn't too expensive, but still offered all of the features that I wanted. Namely tire clearance, made in the USA, lots of mounting options.

Lynskey was great to work with, and I lucked out that there was a frame in my size that was already made. The wait time was just a couple of weeks, as I added the Di2 drilling, brushed finish and anodized logos.

I built it up with the existing parts that were on my Haanjo, and have been able to take it out on a few rides before the snow and ice.

I plan to switch between 650b and 700c, but that was my plan with my Haanjo and I only rode it with the 650b wheels. I have a set of Hunt 650b wheels, and a set of I9 700c with 43 gravel kings I just built up.

Fit and finish its not quite as nice as my Seven frames, but I have no real complaints. The internal cable routing on the downtube is a little goofy but it works. Also its somewhat heavy but I knew that going into it.

Im looking forward to putting some miles on it in the spring.

Danny Boy 01-11-2021 03:03 PM

New Lynskey GR300

3 Attachment(s)
Hey MTB FRK, yours' looks really nice. I just got the Lynskey GR300, internal routing. I also wanted the durability of Titanium but without the high cost. I got their 20% discount with free upgrades on the logos and finish.

Good tolerances and design, no issues with the build. Nice joints and finish. I got the etched logos on the down and top tubes.

Used spare parts from other bikes except for the GRX crankset and GRX front derailleur, incredibly good shifting. I plan to upgrade to the GRX shifters/brakes and rear derailleur later this year. Replaced axles with RAP.

Happy riding.

mtb_frk 01-11-2021 07:31 PM

Looks nice. I was debating the etched graphics also.

There is just something about a Ti bike that just looks right to me.

boomforeal 01-12-2021 02:39 PM

what made you decide on the pro vs. regular (300?) GR?

after breaking my first gravel frame i found a crazy deal on a used gr270 a couple of years ago. it's a great frame: strong, stiff, comfortable, and reeeeal good lookin

not sure they're a good candidate for 650b though, with the low bb -- or why you would bother: i think there's enough room between the chainstays to run a 700x50c tire, but not the stock lynskey fork; i'm scheming on an upgrade, trying to decide between ti and steel, to facilitate even more dirt-related tomfoolery

enjoy!

mhespenheide 01-12-2021 06:03 PM

Can you compare the ride and handling of your former Haanjo to this Lynskey? I'm toying with the idea of a Haanjo as a winter roadie (discs, not steel, fender clearance) and summer smooth gravel rail-trail runner.

mtb_frk 01-12-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomforeal (Post 2862859)
what made you decide on the pro vs. regular (300?) GR?

Slap PRO in the name and I’m all about it. Haha

I was really looking at the GR Race originally. It has a bit “racier” geometry so they say, whereas the 300/PRO has the same geometry that is a bit more relaxed I guess. I just couldn’t justify buying a frame that is 1x specific. I usually keep bikes for a while, and I didn’t want to limit myself in the future. I like 1x, but will I still like it in 2-3 years?

Why I went with the PRO, price was only a few hundred more, I was hoping it might be a tad bit lighter as well. I liked the look the frame as it is a bit unique and is something different.

I looked at a lot different frames. But for me a big + for Lynskey is the made in the USA factor and the fact they have been around for a while. If there is a problem with the frame in 5 years I have a good feeling that Lynskey will still be there to take care of it.

mtb_frk 01-12-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhespenheide (Post 2862994)
Can you compare the ride and handling of your former Haanjo to this Lynskey? I'm toying with the idea of a Haanjo as a winter roadie (discs, not steel, fender clearance) and summer smooth gravel rail-trail runner.

I haven’t really ridden the Lynskey too much yet so I have hard time comparing the two really.

That being said I really liked the haanjo. I rode it a lot and no complaints. It was a really stable bike, probably more stable than sporty if that makes any sense. I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t sell but it did.

boomforeal 01-13-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb_frk (Post 2863095)
That being said I really liked the haanjo. I rode it a lot and no complaints. It was a really stable bike, probably more stable than sporty if that makes any sense. I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t sell but it did.

oh interesting, that was your xl haanjo frameset for sale a while back. the price was so good i considered buying it to try out with the build kit from my gr, as i found those bikes very compelling. i'll be interested to hear your impressions going the other way

bthomas515 01-14-2021 07:47 AM

Have been looking for one of these for a bit. Great bikes!

mtb_frk 01-15-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomforeal (Post 2863515)
oh interesting, that was your xl haanjo frameset for sale a while back. the price was so good i considered buying it to try out with the build kit from my gr, as i found those bikes very compelling. i'll be interested to hear your impressions going the other way

Yeah I bought Haanjo because of all the good things I’ve heard about it and also to try out a 650b bike. My goal was ride it for a year or two and then get something Ti that had a lot of the same features

Pricci09 01-15-2021 03:53 PM

Very nice. I just my Lynskey Pro-Cross a few months ago. Love it so far