The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I can watch cycling again (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=304009)

offrhodes 02-08-2024 07:17 AM

I can watch cycling again

MAX has the women's UAE coverage on now!!!!

iPaul 02-08-2024 07:42 AM

Is there a way to watch on demand with Max? I’m subscribed and missed today’s event and like to watch. Have to say Max’s app layout is pretty bad as you can’t just go to a perticular sport location.

Philster 02-08-2024 08:06 AM

I've seen a couple of contradictory reports of the cost of this service. Can I ask what you paid and wether you have ads or ad-free?

offrhodes 02-08-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philster (Post 3348964)
I've seen a couple of contradictory reports of the cost of this service. Can I ask what you paid and wether you have ads or ad-free?

To be honest, I have no clue. We have had the App for a couple years. It is ad-free.

offrhodes 02-08-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPaul (Post 3348955)
Is there a way to watch on demand with Max? I’m subscribed and missed today’s event and like to watch. Have to say Max’s app layout is pretty bad as you can’t just go to a perticular sport location.

I did not watch it live. I am watching the final 20k right now. On the Max app coverage is under the sports section and the cycling was the second row down of items listed. The commentators are the same crew from GCN.

iPaul 02-08-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

I went with the add package for $99. I kept reading on their site that live sports contain adds even with the no add option. Seems only the tv shows would be add free which I have no interest in.

I’m sure it will all be fine but going to their app does not make me feel like this is going to be easy viewing especially for on demand. I miss GCN already.

KonaSS 02-08-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

It is currently free with your Max subscription. Not forever. They say they will start charging sometime later this year.

iPaul 02-08-2024 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offrhodes (Post 3348970)
I did not watch it live. I am watching the final 20k right now. On the Max app coverage is under the sports section and the cycling was the second row down of items listed. The commentators are the same crew from GCN.

Odd, not seeing stage 1 listed to view? Only upcoming races on the second column down.

Do you have add free? Is on demand only with that option?

glepore 02-08-2024 11:33 AM

Max has Bleacher Sports which is temporarily free.

There's big news in the Sports streaming world. Warner Bros (which owns max) and Fox along with ESPN are forming a partnership this fall which will centralize much of the sportscasting world, including cycling. So Max with Peacock will probably give us most stuff. https://escapecollective.com/the-uph...kely-not-over/

I add Max to Hulu for 10 bucks/mth.

robt57 02-08-2024 01:00 PM

I have MAX, and downloadable level w/no commercials.

These races seem only live, and in the middle of the night for me.

I was about to cancel MAX until I read this thread, now probably still will. Not watching races in middle of the night, and past races can't get to.

Good heads up, but not quite there to be useful for me I guess..

shadco 02-08-2024 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPaul (Post 3349002)
Odd, not seeing stage 1 listed to view? Only upcoming races on the second column down.

Do you have add free? Is on demand only with that option?

I searched UAE and found the replay.

Was hoping to see Dani C on the breakaway oh well.

rice rocket 02-08-2024 01:46 PM

I see we've come full circle to cable packages again.

iPaul 02-08-2024 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadco (Post 3349118)
I searched UAE and found the replay.

Was hoping to see Dani C on the breakaway oh well.

Thank you.. That worked! Not that best user interface but now I know and glad I didn't go off and upgrade.

EB 02-08-2024 03:36 PM

World Cup mountain biking will also be available through the same MAX section (“bleacher report”) starting in the spring. Also thru the big sports joint venture that was just announced ($25 month whoa).

Bandrewhill 02-08-2024 03:46 PM

Is MAX a steaming service that you can access through Roku or Youtube.....Sorry! But I am totally green to finding the televised Races....Is it the best way to go now? Or are there better channels when the Spring Classics start?