The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Vendors (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Catella seamless kits (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=171531)

Catella 07-21-2015 07:32 PM

Catella seamless kits
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1697936211

Hello and thank you for having us on the Paceline.

I have been working as an industrial designer for 10 years now creating product for companies such as Nike and The North Face. A couple years ago while looking for a new kit it was surprisingly clear to me that there where few differences between manufacturers. Same fabrics, same chamois, same flat lock stitching. In my experience I had seen lots of new technology emerging out of the outdoor technical apparel industry. I quickly realized that I could make revolutionary changes that would help me and other cyclists perform better on the bike.

_Using our weldedskin technology we have created paper thin seams that are 70% thinner than a traditional flatlock stitched seams.
_Our compressive Schoeller fabrics don't evaporate sweat as soon as it's produced. We use quick absorbing-slow dry fabrics that use your sweat mimicking the function of your skin to lessen dehydration.
_Our kits are treated with coldblack technology that reflects UV light 50+ and keeps you an average of 10 degrees cooler than other black fabrics.

Its truly exciting times for Catella. Our kits have been well received and we will soon expand our line to seamless skin suits and other accessories!

I keep getting asked about our logo:
I am the proud owner of two Vizslas and they follow me everywhere. On a long climb my dogs came to mind and I thought right there and then, your gear should be your true and loyal companion.

Thanks again,

RS


https://instagram.com/catellacycling/


www.catella.cc

joosttx 07-25-2015 06:05 PM

Love their jersey.

beeatnik 07-26-2015 12:23 PM

joosttx, I concur

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/408/1...bc9eedbd_o.jpg

Climb01742 07-26-2015 02:39 PM

Does anyone know how the bib sizes run, snug or true to size? Are they more Castelli BodyPaint size up one size or Rapha Classic a bit more room? Thx.

Uncle Jam's Army 07-27-2015 05:10 PM

Al, I like your cover model style, my man!

beeatnik 07-27-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb01742 (Post 1795022)
Does anyone know how the bib sizes run, snug or true to size? Are they more Castelli BodyPaint size up one size or Rapha Classic a bit more room? Thx.

"This kit has a race cut. Its snug and is a compressive garments."

However, I would call it "honest race cut." In my experience, the limiting fit factor in bibs have been the straps. I can generally get away with a small but some brands have straps which are too short and end up cutting off circulation in critical regions. The Catella straps, which are seamless and welded, create a super stable structure but also allow for more elasticity than traditional straps. They hold tight but don't feel tight.

What's your size in Rapha?

beeatnik 07-27-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Jam's Army (Post 1795725)
Al, I like your cover model style, my man!

haha, thanks Robert.

Will definitely not be quitting my day job.

Climb01742 07-27-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeatnik (Post 1795776)
"This kit has a race cut. Its snug and is a compressive garments."

However, I would call it "honest race cut." In my experience, the limiting fit factor in bibs have been the straps. I can generally get away with a small but some brands have straps which are too short and end up cutting off circulation in critical regions. The Catella straps, which are seamless and welded, create a super stable structure but also allow for more elasticity than traditional straps. They hold tight but don't feel tight.

What's your size in Rapha?

In both Rapha and Assos, I'm a medium. BodyPaint bibs I can wear in medium but large is more comfortable. BodyPaint feels like race cut gone wild. Straps are usually ok for me, it's quad size that can get snug sometimes. I'd like to support someone supporting the forum.

beeatnik 07-27-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb01742 (Post 1795786)
In both Rapha and Assos, I'm a medium. BodyPaint bibs I can wear in medium but large is more comfortable. BodyPaint feels like race cut gone wild. Straps are usually ok for me, it's quad size that can get snug sometimes. I'd like to support someone supporting the forum.

If you've got East German Sprinter quads consider the large, since you'll get a longer inseam and a less snug fit at the waist than the medium (which I'm wearing in the pic above). Either way, feel free to contact Rodolfo via PM or direct at info@catella.net.

Thanks for the support!

Climb01742 07-27-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeatnik (Post 1795795)
If you've got East German Sprinter quads consider the large, since you'll get a longer inseam and a less snug fit at the waist than the medium (which I'm wearing in the pic above). Either way, feel free to contact Rodolfo via PM or direct at info@catella.net.

Thanks for the support!

And thank you for the help. No where near East German quads, for sure, just a thing to figure out. Psyched to try 'em.

joosttx 07-28-2015 02:34 PM

What surprises me about the jersey is how cool it is. You don't get very hot in it. Also its great to eat breakfast in at 4:30 am in France.


https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7593/...97043702_c.jpg

John H. 07-28-2015 03:01 PM

Catella
 
Will Catella make custom kits?

Catella 08-04-2015 02:14 PM

Custom kits
 
Hi thanks for the question. Currently, we are working on a program to create custom kits for clubs and teams.

Since our apparel fabrication requires a sophisticated, multi-step manufacturing process, lead times are a little longer than the industry standard. However, that attention to detail, in our best-in-class kit, results in a fit and finish rarely seen in cycling apparel.

I would love to offer the Paceline Community seamless kits with custom designs! I want cyclists to feel the advantages of our Welded Skin technology. It's really something unique.

I will update this forum with specific information once our custom program is up and running. I can say now that it may be limited with narrow production windows to keep quality high.

thanks!

info@catella.net

Catella 08-04-2015 02:35 PM

Coldblack
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1697904682

Catella kits are coldblack treated!

Improve your performance by staying cooler... See image above how our riders head stays cool while other cyclist is burning up...

>Coldblack treated fabrics remain up to 9F cooler than traditional black fabrics by reflecting sunlight (infrared spectrum).

>Coldblack has a protective UV rating of 50+.

>Our fabrics perform as your skin by mimicking its cooling functions and as a result aid in the prevention of dehydration.

find out more
http://catella.net/pages/coldblack/

jasonification 08-05-2015 03:27 PM

So snazzy! looks like i know what's on my wishlist for christmas...:D

Catella 08-06-2015 08:09 PM

20% off for pace line subscribers
 
20% off discount for Paceline subscribers. Christmas in Summer!

Enter code "paceline" on check out and get a 20% discount on your order. Now thru August 15th.

We Guarantee the comfort of our kit that If for any reason you are not satisfied send it back for a complete refund. This will be your go to kit!

Remember order a size larger It runs as a european cut race kit.

www.catella.net
info@catella.net

Mzilliox 08-06-2015 11:24 PM

thanks for this :cool:

Climb01742 08-07-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT (Post 1802222)
20% off discount for Paceline subscribers. Christmas in Summer!

Enter code "paceline" on check out and get a 20% discount on your order. Now thru August 15th.

We Guarantee the comfort of our kit that If for any reason you are not satisfied send it back for a complete refund. This will be your go to kit!

Remember order a size larger It runs as a european cut race kit.

www.catella.net
info@catella.net

Thanks! I was trying to decide between trying your bibs or another company's bibs. With this discount, decision made! Looking forward to riding in these.:D

SpeedyChix 08-07-2015 08:54 PM

Any plans to add women's bibs to the mix?

binxnyrwarrsoul 08-08-2015 05:20 AM

Code not working.

Catella 08-08-2015 11:03 PM

discount code not working?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by binxnyrwarrsoul (Post 1802844)
Code not working.

Hi adjusted a couple things on the coupon, try again please. Or, I can process order if you prefer. Email me at info@catella.net

thanks,

RS

Catella 08-08-2015 11:11 PM

Womens kits
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyChix (Post 1802771)
Any plans to add women's bibs to the mix?

Definitely!!! Will add a women's specific kit to the line! In fact we are working on it now.

Are you in Southern California??? Looking for female fit models.


Info@catella.net

Catella 08-10-2015 06:25 PM

Catella working on this now...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1697905058

Hi, will like to share this image with the pace line community. We are at the final development stages of our new skin suit. No stitching, flat seams, aerodynamic just like our kits. The suit is wind tunnel tested and has been used in several major races already with great results.

This prototype is ready for sublimation graphics.

what do you guys think?

SpeedyChix 08-10-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT (Post 1803249)
Definitely!!! Will add a women's specific kit to the line! In fact we are working on it now.

Are you in Southern California??? Looking for female fit models.


Info@catella.net

Would be great to test ride 'em for fit while in development. Just a "role model" in Michigan.
thx.

SpeedyChix 08-10-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT (Post 1804396)
Attachment 1697905058

Hi, will like to share this image with the pace line community. We are at the final development stages of our new skin suit. No stitching, flat seams, aerodynamic just like our kits. The suit is wind tunnel tested and has been used in several major races already with great results.

This prototype is ready for sublimation graphics.

what do you guys think?

That looks like one serious skin-tight skin suit. Amazing.

makoti 08-10-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT (Post 1804396)
Attachment 1697905058

Hi, will like to share this image with the pace line community. We are at the final development stages of our new skin suit. No stitching, flat seams, aerodynamic just like our kits. The suit is wind tunnel tested and has been used in several major races already with great results.

This prototype is ready for sublimation graphics.

what do you guys think?

At first the pic made it look like it was almost like a girdle, pulling his waist in. I agree, though. That looks very snug. How does it give?

beeatnik 08-11-2015 05:03 PM

Innovative product design
 
Classic style

Just got my head on this

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/278/2...f2176840_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/553/2...94909355_b.jpg

Reflective piping

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/498/2...dc6921df_b.jpg

Catella 08-11-2015 09:59 PM

in process of making a garment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by makoti (Post 1804574)
At first the pic made it look like it was almost like a girdle, pulling his waist in. I agree, though. That looks very snug. How does it give?

This community is very keen and knowledgeable! Many brands will not post development pictures but i think Catella should. Its great to get feedback from as many cyclists as possible in a community setting.

More about the picture:

The suit is in development and the picture is of Cameron wearing a white, un-sublimated skin suit. The white fabric is ideal because we can mark panel changes with black marker.

Currently the suit is sizing smaller than we like. We fit the suit on different body types, mark it and re-pattern it until it fits perfect...

Its a tedious process of going back and forth but worth it at the end.

jasonification 08-11-2015 10:06 PM

Hi CAT!
I was wondering of you could speak into the kind of chamois used for the bibs. Thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk

SpeedyChix 08-12-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makoti (Post 1804574)
At first the pic made it look like it was almost like a girdle, pulling his waist in. I agree, though. That looks very snug. How does it give?

The shadows and what appear to be black on the side sure made it look like that.
While snug to be aero, hope it will give enough for range for fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonification (Post 1805215)
Hi CAT!
I was wondering of you could speak into the kind of chamois used for the bibs.

Would be interested in this as well.

Catella 08-13-2015 08:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT (Post 1804396)
Attachment 1697905058

Hi, will like to share this image with the pace line community. We are at the final development stages of our new skin suit. No stitching, flat seams, aerodynamic just like our kits. The suit is wind tunnel tested and has been used in several major races already with great results.

This prototype is ready for sublimation graphics.

what do you guys think?


Some additional images of a sublimated skin suit photo to give a better representation of overall finish.

Attachment 1697905230

Catella 08-13-2015 10:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonification (Post 1805215)
Hi CAT!
I was wondering of you could speak into the kind of chamois used for the bibs. Thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk

Jason, from the start we wanted to take advantage of this new weldedskin process. We know that stitching is a major cause of abrasion on the skin especially in the bibs so we bonded our pad to our bibs. Its the only pad that we are aware of that is bonded directly to shorts, no stitching!

We cut up and studied the contents of many pads on the market. Most pads use closed cell Poly-Urethane foams that absorb impact.

The air cells in the foam act as small shock absorbers that suck up energy and dissipate it over a large area. This means comfort initially but when you add impact and vibration its actually bottoming out and the energy is transferred to your body. Over the lifetime of the product the foam may settle and flatten because the cells of the foam eventually burst.

We use two layers of shore 30 closed cell Polyurethane foam on our pads, in addition, we added a 15mm gel insert in between the foam layers. This keeps our pads from bottoming out and improves the longevity of the product.

The top layer of our pad is an antibacterial-coated microfiber cloth that encapsulates the inner components and ads a layer of comfort.

We have continuously used our bibs for over 3 years in a cross-country racing environment and pads are still in excellent shape.

Attachment 1697905242
Attachment 1697905243

Catella 08-17-2015 10:51 AM

pockets
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1697905346

Simple, easy, large storage.

We thought about what we carry and use on rides. We quickly realized that the traditional 3 pocket layout needed real thought. Its difficult to reach into all the pockets while riding! These pockets are already small and getting something in or out can be challenging.

We came at this problem with some simple innovations. We created a 3 pocket system that angles the openings for the two large pockets on the back and adds an additional zippered pocket to keep valuables separate and secured.

The Secured zippered pocket with self locking ykk zipper keeps your valuables separate and safe. No more reaching for food on a ride and dropping your cash, cards or phone. Pocket runs the entire length of back.

sandyrs 08-17-2015 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from my first ride in my new Catella kit. It was hovering above 90 degrees and extremely humid, so I rode my cross bike in the woods for some refuge from the sun. That also meant less wind for cooling- a real test of the claim that Coldblack will make a meaningful difference in the rider's temperatue.

I can happily report that the fabric really performed as promised. This might have been the hottest ride of the year, and while I was obviously sweating a ton, I didn't feel overheated and kept the jersey zipped pretty high for the whole ride- it seemed just as effective to keep it zipped as it was to unzip.

For sizing reference, I am 6'5" with a short torso and long legs, and I weigh 190 pounds. I have the jersey in L and the bibs in XL. The jersey is a bit long on me, but not to the point of being uncomfortable, bunchy or unsightly. It's perfect across the chest for a race-cut garment, and though there's a bit of room under the arms when standing off the bike, I didn't notice any fit issues while riding. The bibs fit great, with the straps at the right length and the leg compression falling right where I like it. My one gripe is that the leg gripper is narrow compared to some other bibs I have, but I didn't really notice it once I got moving.

All in all my initial impression is really positive!

*Face is a reaction to the gravel/dirt climb I just rode, not the kit*

SpeedyChix 08-17-2015 01:31 PM

Just back from a ride in northern MA/southern NH and yeah, it's hot and humid today. sandyrs is spot on about the weather.

What's the leg length looking like for the women's bibshorts? Too many companies have been making them shorter and shorter. My favorites from Giordana have done that again.

Will the Havoc be avail in bright colors as well as white?

beeatnik 08-17-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyrs (Post 1808293)
Just got back from my first ride in my new Catella kit. It was hovering above 90 degrees and extremely humid, so I rode my cross bike in the woods for some refuge from the sun. That also meant less wind for cooling- a real test of the claim that Coldblack will make a meaningful difference in the rider's temperatue.

I can happily report that the fabric really performed as promised. This might have been the hottest ride of the year, and while I was obviously sweating a ton, I didn't feel overheated and kept the jersey zipped pretty high for the whole ride- it seemed just as effective to keep it zipped as it was to unzip.

For sizing reference, I am 6'5" with a short torso and long legs, and I weigh 190 pounds. I have the jersey in L and the bibs in XL. The jersey is a bit long on me, but not to the point of being uncomfortable, bunchy or unsightly. It's perfect across the chest for a race-cut garment, and though there's a bit of room under the arms when standing off the bike, I didn't notice any fit issues while riding. The bibs fit great, with the straps at the right length and the leg compression falling right where I like it. My one gripe is that the leg gripper is narrow compared to some other bibs I have, but I didn't really notice it once I got moving.

All in all my initial impression is really positive!

*Face is a reaction to the gravel/dirt climb I just rode, not the kit*

Sandyrs, I like your straight-shooter new kit style.

You look like a taller, slimmer Rodolfo. He also rocks a black Catlike.

sandyrs 08-17-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeatnik (Post 1808504)
Sandyrs, I like your straight-shooter new kit style.

You look like a taller, slimmer Rodolfo. He also rocks a black Catlike.

I like your making-me-aware-of-Catella-in-the-first-place style! I'm excited to get it washed and back out in the heat.

joosttx 08-17-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyrs (Post 1808595)
I like your making-me-aware-of-Catella-in-the-first-place style! I'm excited to get it washed and back out in the heat.

The cool back tech is crazy. I always think the jersey is going to be too hot and it is never. Rapha used the cool back tech a while back but I wasn't impressed with it. with Catella the cool back tech is very impressive. Or maybe it's the material what ever it is I'm impressed.

LJohnny 08-17-2015 08:31 PM

Catella seamless kits
 
CAT, could you post a picture of the whole chamois pad? Thanks!


Sent from my brain

Catella 08-26-2015 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LJohnny (Post 1808627)
CAT, could you post a picture of the whole chamois pad? Thanks!

Hey LJohnny, finally got to grab a picture of the pad. Its perfectly sized for 90th percentile Width of sit bones. check it out!

Attachment 1697905804


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.