The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   fi'zi:k customer service rocks! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=123682)

mcteague 02-01-2013 12:46 PM

fi'zi:k customer service rocks!

I was checking out my new fi'zi:k Cyrano seatpost and found the 4mm hex nut socket was too small. Only an old, worn tool would fit and that was pretty tight. I shot off an e-mail to the only address I could find for them and it was in Italy. I really did not expect anything so also e-mailed the place I bought it from, Art's Cyclery.

Someone from Art's called me and offered to send a 5mm bolt that would work and I was thrilled. Great shop!

Well, a week later, a box gets dropped off on my porch. It is about the size of a shoe box and has the fi'zi:k logo on the side and a return address from Italy. Inside I find, not just a bolt but the entire clamp assembly, a little catalog, some decals and....a fi'zi:k watch cap. Just amazing. This kind of stuff really cements brand loyalty with me.

Tim

bikerboy337 02-01-2013 01:22 PM

+1

glad to hear...

i like hearing these stories as I find that I try to purchase from companies that will stand behind their products...

I have now decided to never buy Nike again due to their customer service (among other issues I have with them)... Have a 3 month old pair of shoes that are falling apart after 400 miles of running (air pegasus, so not cheap) and my only option was to send both shoes to them to inspect to figure out what/if they can do anything... i mean, what, the shoes cost like $9 to make with child labor and all...

Anyways, I've had great support from park tool and ritchey in the past... will continue to support them...

AngryScientist 02-01-2013 01:30 PM

yup.

the boys and girls who work for fizik in italy, well....work for fizik in italy. what more can you say? it's probably a office full of smokin hot women and healthy men who all go ride stages of the giro on their lunch breaks together.

i can just see your email arriving: "mama mia gino, put down your glass of vino, mr. mcteague has a damaged seatpost in amereeeeka, lets get him back on the pave"

:p

BumbleBeeDave 02-01-2013 01:39 PM

I had an Arione saddle . . .

. . . some years ago that split along the side in line with those wing-flex slots the Arione has. It had been a gift from a friend and I had no receipt or original packaging.

I had a similar experience--e-mailed them to ask if there was anything that could be done. They asked for my address and a box showed up with a new saddle and postpaid stickers to send the old one back.

Good stuff.

BBD

slidey 02-01-2013 01:46 PM

Tis is true...I had a very similar experience, and with an Arione as well. Unexpectedly friendly, and prompt service!

They may be over in Italy, but they're very easy to deal with. :hello:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeDave (Post 1285224)
. . . some years ago that split along the side in line with those wing-flex slots the Arione has. It had been a gift from a friend and I had no receipt or original packaging.

I had a similar experience--e-mailed them to ask if there was anything that could be done. They asked for my address and a box showed up with a new saddle and postpaid stickers to send the old one back.

Good stuff.

BBD

corky 02-01-2013 01:46 PM

I love Italians

cfox 02-01-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 1285217)
yup.

the boys and girls who work for fizik in italy, well....work for fizik in italy. what more can you say? it's probably a office full of smokin hot women and healthy men who all go ride stages of the giro on their lunch breaks together.

i can just see your email arriving: "mama mia gino, put down your glass of vino, mr. mcteague has a damaged seatpost in amereeeeka, lets get him back on the pave"

:p

I read a profile of the company once (with pics), and it's not far off from what you describe.

Gat64 02-01-2013 04:38 PM

Well, I'm sold. I was humming and hawing over getting the Antares saddle I tried out last fall. The thought of a smokin' hot woman caressing my saddle before placing it in the packaging will come in handy when on a punishing climb.