The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UCI World Championships (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=258632)

oldpotatoe 09-28-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomadmax (Post 2802742)
I loved the men's road race yesterday, congrats to JA! I have a couple questions. Team Italy had jerseys that were clearly logoed with Suzuki front and back and you really had to look for "Italia". My questions are:

I know a certain amount of trade team logos are allowed now but thought they really weren't supposed to be "front and center" so to speak. What are the rules on this?

I didn't know Suzuki even sponsored a cycling team; do they?

What's the connection between a Japanese motorcycle company and the Italian National cycling team??

Thanks

I think there is some connection to Suzuki being a main sponsor of the WC(the 'race' cars, the VIPs and race director, etc, were all Suzukis) and the race being in Italy, and the Italian team being sponsored...by Suzuki..don't know what it is but...

BUT 2 of the BIG 3 sponsors of this race in Italy, were Japanese companies..Shimano and Suzuki(and Mapai)...:)

cal_len1 09-28-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weisan (Post 2802690)
Sometimes I wonder where the hell you guys been getting your information from or are we even watching the same race?

I saw Roglic took his turns in the pull to try and catch Allap.

Wout said in the post-race interview that he believed his team mate (Roglic) was already at his limit in the final kms and did everything he possibly could but ultimately, in the end, what really happened was the strongest rider of the day won.

Yeah, same. If you see pictures of him on the climb and after, he looked cracked, like worse than anything I saw at the TdF except the TT.

Elefantino 09-28-2020 07:28 AM

And as Alaphilippe attacked, WVA ... sat down.

End of controversy.

jpw 09-28-2020 07:36 AM

WvA just didn't have it when the move came. It's convenient for the Belgium cycling ecosystem to look for a scapegoat, and Roglic will do nicely. They're aghast that the Dutch took two golds.

choke 09-28-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpotatoe (Post 2802745)
I think there is some connection to Suzuki being a main sponsor of the WC(the 'race' cars, the VIPs and race director, etc, were all Suzukis) and the race being in Italy, and the Italian team being sponsored...by Suzuki..don't know what it is but...

BUT 2 of the BIG 3 sponsors of this race in Italy, were Japanese companies..Shimano and Suzuki(and Mapai)...:)

I'm not sure what the Suzuki angle is either but Suzuki has sponsored the Italian team since at least 2018. The logo used to be smaller though.

72gmc 09-28-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpw (Post 2802785)
WvA just didn't have it when the move came. It's convenient for the Belgium cycling ecosystem to look for a scapegoat, and Roglic will do nicely. They're aghast that the Dutch took two golds.

The Dutch also hold the elite CX jerseys ... I hadn't thought of how that might feel for Belgian fans.

Nomadmax 09-28-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpotatoe (Post 2802745)
i think there is some connection to suzuki being a main sponsor of the wc(the 'race' cars, the vips and race director, etc, were all suzukis) and the race being in italy, and the italian team being sponsored...by suzuki..don't know what it is but...

But 2 of the big 3 sponsors of this race in italy, were japanese companies..shimano and suzuki(and mapai)...:)

ty op

Crotchrocket 09-28-2020 10:16 PM

I just scrolled past all the posts as I’ve yet to watch. Anybody have a link to the full race and TT?

scoobydrew 09-29-2020 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2802233)
https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/com...onships_imola/

Streamables replay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crotchrocket (Post 2803325)
I just scrolled past all the posts as I’ve yet to watch. Anybody have a link to the full race and TT?

Check the link in Clean39T’s post above.

The NBC Sports YouTube page also has a condensed version of each race.

jpw 09-29-2020 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72gmc (Post 2802823)
The Dutch also hold the elite CX jerseys ... I hadn't thought of how that might feel for Belgian fans.

Feels BAD.