The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tiz Cycling (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=237329)

Plum Hill 05-03-2019 10:17 AM

Tiz Cycling

Seems to have gone belly up during Your of Romandie coverage today.
I keep getting a 522 Error message which says the problem is Tiz's.
Any idea?

wallymann 05-03-2019 10:35 AM

tour de yorkshire stream is working fine as of 1130 ET.

kramnnim 05-03-2019 10:43 AM

The paid services are a great alternative to piracy... :banana:

FlashUNC 05-03-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramnnim (Post 2535945)
The paid services are a great alternative to piracy... :banana:

But then you're forced to listen to some of the worst commentators around on the US feeds.

echelon_john 05-03-2019 11:05 AM

Fubo Cycling package. Often euro commentators, legal, good quality.

Plum Hill 05-03-2019 11:14 AM

I couldn’t even log onto Tiz website. Can now at 11:08CDT.
I know nothing of the workings of Tiz, whether it’s pirated or not.

On Fubo: do you get the entire race live or just the short TV length?
On paying in general, I pay for cable tv. I pay a premium for NBC Sports, yet NBCSP wants me to pay even more for cycling and Indy Car coverage. My monthly fee is what sets the foundation for the special packages that anyone can purchase. I don’t even get a discount.
Capitalism is great.

MattTuck 05-03-2019 11:16 AM

Yeah, at this point, probably worth it to spend the money on either a us stream or a VPN and Eurosport.

Tiz and other pirate feeds served their purpose when there was no way to legally watch these races in the US. But now the choices are there and I'd urge anyone into pro cycling to 'vote with their feet' and pay for a subscription to support these firms.

That is to say nothing of the potential security/privacy issues associated with these sketchy sites.

simpsonn 05-03-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTuck (Post 2535971)
Yeah, at this point, probably worth it to spend the money on either a us stream or a VPN and Eurosport.

This is probably a dumb question, but can you access the live English Eurosport stream directly from their website with a VPN? If not, where is the best place to access it?

MattTuck 05-03-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpsonn (Post 2535997)
This is probably a dumb question, but can you access the live English Eurosport stream directly from their website with a VPN? If not, where is the best place to access it?

You need to subscribe to the Eurosport player product. So, the first step is to get a VPN that allows you to get to the UK (or other Euro market) and then to subscribe to Eurosport Player. Then when you want to watch, you turn on your VPN and go to the Eurosport player site.

I don't have a tablet, but I understand you can download the eurosport player app and do it that way also, if your mobile device has a vPN.

kramnnim 05-03-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTuck (Post 2536000)

I don't have a tablet, but I understand you can download the eurosport player app and do it that way also, if your mobile device has a vPN.

Doesn't work with current, unjailbreaked iOS because the app checks your physical location using the device's GPS. On older iOS versions there were ways to spoof your location.

kramnnim 05-03-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashUNC (Post 2535950)
But then you're forced to listen to some of the worst commentators around on the US feeds.

Ugh, that would be awful. I know some people hate Kirby but I'm happy with almost all of the Eurosport commentators.

kramnnim 05-03-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTuck (Post 2536000)
You need to subscribe to the Eurosport player product. So, the first step is to get a VPN that allows you to get to the UK (or other Euro market) and then to subscribe to Eurosport Player. Then when you want to watch, you turn on your VPN and go to the Eurosport player site.

A somewhat new problem is that Eurosport won't let you pay with a US based payment, you have to jump through more hoops to get them to take your money. Still worth it, imo.

FlashUNC 05-03-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramnnim (Post 2536031)
Ugh, that would be awful. I know some people hate Kirby but I'm happy with almost all of the Eurosport commentators.

Even Eurosport's C and D teams are better than listening to Bob Roll, Christian Vande Velde, and Jens Voight. Shoot that commentary team into the sun.

Never mind Phil Liggett still stealing a paycheck for his "work" commentating on a race where he seems pathologically incapable of correctly identifying riders or teams.

BdaGhisallo 05-03-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramnnim (Post 2536031)

I happen to really enjoy Carlton Kirby's commentary. He is definitely David Duffield's spiritual successor!

Hindmost 05-03-2019 01:17 PM

Is there something I'm missing about fubo?

When I look on their site I see $50 a month or a bunch of cable channels that includes NBC Sports, Olympic channel, and Bein. Is this what gets you the Giro and a lot of other good stuff? My previous experience with cable says no.