The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Custom Bikes (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pegoretti MxxxxxO MezzaTazza 2021 (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=267849)

NoMoreParagon 04-18-2021 02:45 AM

Pegoretti MxxxxxO MezzaTazza 2021
 
After searching unsuccessfully for a used one with a graphic i dig (let alone the size) I decided to pull the trigger with a new one.
Given where custom steel frames are priced now I feel Pegs are still v good value especially considering the legacy and all the thoughts which went into the frame design. Now that I own one I can see what a marvelous piece of engineering that is. Built all Campy. Parts were easy to source despite what ppl claim about parts availability. I rode it yday and that thing is so fast and satisfying. I have been riding gravel bikes for the past 7yrs and I forgot how fast a properly tuned road bike is.
Last, kudos to them to make the buying experience very very smooth. I got my frame in a bit more than 3 months. They were easy to deal with. The main exchange was on the graphic and the choice of a tone of gray which would go well with the white cream polka dots. Initially i went for the Duende, but switched to the MxxxxxO because I am a sucker for those dropouts and wanted a stiff frame.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d25dee3fb8.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3104f73110.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a2de21dcc8.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ab9a6d2406.jpg

Tim Porter 04-18-2021 06:13 AM

That is outstanding! I'm looking at Pegorettis, too. Can you tell me what size that is? Thanks, enjoy! Tim

msriddle 04-18-2021 07:07 AM

Well done!

Is that a stock size or custom?

Also, is that a standard base RAL color offered or something special?

Enjoy!

herb5998 04-18-2021 07:08 AM

Looks great! Awesome choice of colors, MXXXXXOs are a blast to ride


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobuseri 04-18-2021 07:49 AM

That’s a nice frame and build. I am sure it rides very firm, but smooth in the road.

I have had a couple, window shopping for another (62cm) to bring back into the stable.

NoMoreParagon 04-18-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Porter (Post 2914101)
That is outstanding! I'm looking at Pegorettis, too. Can you tell me what size that is? Thanks, enjoy! Tim


57cm standard size. Saddle height from BB roughly 810mm

NoMoreParagon 04-18-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msriddle (Post 2914114)
Well done!

Is that a stock size or custom?

Also, is that a standard base RAL color offered or something special?

Enjoy!


Standard. I choose the RAL first selecting a medium pastel gray. Then they proposed an alternative gray a bit more metallic and I liked it right away. I believe is RAL 9023.
That was also why it was great dealing with them. They have so much knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.

NoMoreParagon 04-18-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobuseri (Post 2914130)
That’s a nice frame and build. I am sure it rides very firm, but smooth in the road.

I have had a couple, window shopping for another (62cm) to bring back into the stable.


Yes quite firm but the geometry is pretty relaxed for now. But that was my goal. My gravel bike has 27.5x2.35. For this build I wanted to have a very stiff, racey bike.

AngryScientist 04-18-2021 08:33 AM

Outstanding!

Nicely done on the build too.

Are you in Italy if I remember correctly? Did you go pick it up by chance or have it shipped.

Enjoy many happy km's!

NoMoreParagon 04-18-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 2914153)
Outstanding!

Nicely done on the build too.

Are you in Italy if I remember correctly? Did you go pick it up by chance or have it shipped.

Enjoy many happy km's!


Many thanks!
Yes picked up in Italy. I honestly thought the waiting would be north of 6 months but they were v fast.

BlueHampsten 04-18-2021 09:17 AM

Elegant piece of machinery.

Congratulations!

You will get many miles of joy riding it.

d_douglas 04-18-2021 10:13 AM

Absolutely gorgeous. The Grail!

I hope to visit Italy again someday - we ride the same size!!

Yes to skinny tires. I enjoy gravel riding more these days, but there’s nothing like pedalling hard on a bike w 25mm tires on a smooth road!

madsciencenow 04-18-2021 10:38 AM

Well done! Can’t think of anything I’d change except the size.This is one of the few bikes on my bucket list. You mentioned it’s on the stiffer side and I’m wondering if this means you can ride all day or if there’s a point where you’d prefer a different bike for some additional comfort?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuscanyswe 04-18-2021 10:45 AM

Congratulations to a very nice bike!

NoMoreParagon 04-18-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_douglas (Post 2914204)
Absolutely gorgeous. The Grail!

I hope to visit Italy again someday - we ride the same size!!

Yes to skinny tires. I enjoy gravel riding more these days, but there’s nothing like pedalling hard on a bike w 25mm tires on a smooth road!


So true!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.