The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   O: Apple admits deliberately slowing phones and devices (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=215228)

Jeff N. 01-10-2019 02:51 PM

My 4S went to lunch...very slow...not alerting texts....got a new 8s. Problem solved.

MikeD 01-10-2019 02:56 PM

O: Apple admits deliberately slowing phones and devices

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tickdoc (Post 2483275)
I’ll have to investigate to see if that is a setting turned on inadvertantly. Thanks for the tip, btw.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend wiping the phone and restoring from a recent icloud backup. Google how to do that.

Are you on wifi when these apps are trying to download? Also, something doesn't sound right if you're running out of memory.

Tickdoc 12-03-2020 11:15 AM

reviving this old thread again.....

My iphone 10 is not able to hold a charge all day. Just started yesterday and continuing into today.

Please tell me I just need a new battery for it and it is not an internal glitch where they are trying to get me to upgrade for Christmas?

Veloo 12-03-2020 11:22 AM

You can call in and they can do a remote battery health check on your phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tickdoc (Post 2839821)

My iphone 10 is not able to hold a charge all day. Just started yesterday and continuing into today.

Please tell me I just need a new battery for it and it is not an internal glitch where they are trying to get me to upgrade for Christmas?

Black Dog 12-03-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tickdoc (Post 2839821)

Go to settings and check the health of your battery. It may show that it is ready for replacement.

weisan 12-03-2020 11:46 AM

My daughter alerted me to this.

Costco was running a special 10-days promo from 11/20-11/30.

$350 trade-in iPhone 7+ (i think for iPhone 10, trade in was $700)
$350 cash back

Samsung S20 FE 5G $699

In the end, I paid $58 in taxes out of pocket.

Sorry to tell you after the fact.

tylercheung 12-03-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dog (Post 2839840)
Go to settings and check the health of your battery. It may show that it is ready for replacement.

if the battery shows that it's healthy, it also may be software; there was a bug recently where Photos was updating to the cloud too often and causing a battery drain; subsequently patched by apple.

Tickdoc 12-03-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylercheung (Post 2839998)
if the battery shows that it's healthy, it also may be software; there was a bug recently where Photos was updating to the cloud too often and causing a battery drain; subsequently patched by apple.

Man I hope that is all it is....I'm just weary and hoping it isn't a new thing. Sounds like it is just me. I checked the battery health and it says it is fine. No updates are required so who knows. I shut it down and did a restart and hope it resumes to more than a half day of battery life.

Steve in SLO 12-03-2020 08:51 PM

Have you recently downloaded any new apps?
I recently downloaded and began to use Marco Polo with my daughter and it bled my battery dry until I got in the habit of actively shutting it down between uses.

Tickdoc 12-04-2020 06:24 AM

Bought the family the new oculus quest 2 for Christmas and I DID download the app for it even though it has not arrived. Haven't even opened it yet, and it is the only new app I know of, but who knows. I'll check settings and see if it has any features that run and can be turned off.

I have noticed my phone has been hot when I pick it up even when sitting idle, so it could be and evil facebook thing, rather than the evil apple thing I suspected:cool:

oldpotatoe 12-04-2020 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by weisan (Post 2839855)
My daughter alerted me to this.

Costco was running a special 10-days promo from 11/20-11/30.

$350 trade-in iPhone 7+ (i think for iPhone 10, trade in was $700)
$350 cash back

Samsung S20 FE 5G $699

In the end, I paid $58 in taxes out of pocket.

Sorry to tell you after the fact.

Does it come with fire insurance?