The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT Terribly sad news - Kobe Bryant (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=246864)

Chris 01-26-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashUNC (Post 2649023)
Because it's a discussion forum?

Like Jim said, it’s a RIP thread. No real discussion about a person’s failings needed. Seems like every time someone dies and something gets posted, you have to come in and troll. It gets old and it’s completely without class. Maybe next time you feel you absolutely must point out that someone has some skeletons in their closet, just don’t. We’ll all be better for it; you included.

cash05458 01-26-2020 07:54 PM

"His legacy is complicated - undoubtedly the most complicated in this Millennium."

huh...? seriously, what on earth are you talking about ? Hyperbole is a real sickness to be honest...use your head.

jtbadge 01-26-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash05458 (Post 2649027)
"His legacy is complicated - undoubtedly the most complicated in this Millennium."

huh...? seriously, what on earth are you talking about ?

His legacy is complicated due to his dating and then marrying a minor, then committing adultery and rape soon after the birth of their first child, for starters.

GOTHBROOKS 01-26-2020 07:55 PM

yeah the dude was a known womanizer, scumbag, and delusional egomaniac, but i just think it sucks his kid died.

cash05458 01-26-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS (Post 2649031)
yeah the dude was a known womanizer, scumbag, and delusional egomaniac, but i just think it sucks his kid died.

you mean like lance? nice stuff on ****ting on the dead...incredible...give it some time...something wrong with that and you...

XXtwindad 01-26-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash05458 (Post 2649027)

huh...? seriously, what on earth are you talking about ? Hyperbole is a real sickness to be honest...use your head.

Please read my post again. I think I was very respectful. I was merely pointing out that he had many facets, both as a player and a man.

cash05458 01-26-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXtwindad (Post 2649035)
Please read my post again. I think I was very respectful. I was merely pointing out that he had many facets, both as a player and a man.

you do know a millennium is a thousand years yes bud? That is where my comment about hysterical hyperbole comes from....so this guy and his rep is "undoubtably" the most complicated of things of any public figure since 2000? Be serious....

jtbadge 01-26-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash05458 (Post 2649039)

you do know a millennium is a thousand years yes bud? That is where my comment about hysterical hyperbole comes from....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This millennium is only 20 years old, calm down

FlashUNC 01-26-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 2649026)
Like Jim said, it’s a RIP thread. No real discussion about a person’s failings needed. Seems like every time someone dies and something gets posted, you have to come in and troll. It gets old and it’s completely without class. Maybe next time you feel you absolutely must point out that someone has some skeletons in their closet, just don’t. We’ll all be better for it; you included.

Sharing my opinion isn't trolling, and I haven't shared what my opinion is of the man out of deference to this "if you don't have anything nice to say" nonsense. When Jimmy Carter finally dies you'll see reams of words from me about a real saint of a human being.

As I've stated elsewhere on this subject, if we want to have RIP threads for public figures, then just demand empty, banal RIP platitudes when these are complex, interesting figures to discuss, I think that speaks poorly of the forum's ability to actually discuss things.

sales guy 01-26-2020 08:06 PM

It's being reported that fog was the factor in the crash.

https://www.tmz.com/

colker 01-26-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash05458 (Post 2649039)

you do know a millennium is a thousand years yes bud? That is where my comment about hysterical hyperbole comes from....

.. unless we are all psychics who can see into the next 980 years it´s obvious "up untill now" is expected to be the unspoken norm.

gasman 01-26-2020 08:08 PM

Okay stop the bickering everyone. I was not a Kobe fan for all the reasons alluded to here. Still he was a young man who appeared to be trying to do better with his life. He sadly leaves behind a wife and his kids who will no longer have a Dad around.

fiamme red 01-26-2020 08:09 PM

He was worshipped in China. He did a lot of philanthropic work there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...arity-in-china

jtbadge 01-26-2020 08:10 PM

Maybe we don't need to have so many threads on a bike forum dedicated to memorializing people that have done a lot of bad stuff and also don't have anything to do with bikes

cash05458 01-26-2020 08:14 PM

if you are going to quote me...do the whole quote...don't leave stuff out..."That is where my comment about hysterical hyperbole comes from....so this guy and his rep is "undoubtably" the most complicated of things of any public figure since 2000? Be serious...."