The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Armstrong Headin' to France (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=19317)

spiderlake 07-13-2006 10:03 PM

Armstrong Headin' to France

Is he in or out?? Velonews says he's goin'......

Armstrong to arrive Monday
Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong is expected to arrive at the race on Monday, Discovery Channel officials confirmed to VeloNews.

Armstrong surprised many when he told Austin reporter Susanne Halliburton that he was going to return to the Tour despite earlier statements that he wasn't interested in coming back to France following a string of damaging stories in L'Equipe last year.

Armstrong's itinerary and schedule are still not finalized, but Armstrong is expected to be with the team during Tuesday's and Wednesday's decisive climbing stages in the Alps and then return to Paris for the finale.

atmo 07-13-2006 10:07 PM

comebackstrong atmo

Avispa 07-13-2006 10:10 PM

Ahhh!

And now that Lance will be there don't be surprised if all of a sudden, the Discovery Channel Team raises from the ashes like the Phoenix and kicks eveyones butt! :eek:

By...

The...

Way...

....Is Lance stopping in Italy for some Ferrari advise before heading to France?

spiderlake 07-13-2006 10:11 PM

hipstrong has a nicer ring to it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by atmo
comebackstrong atmo

learlove 07-14-2006 01:13 AM

"Armstrong to arrive Monday
Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong is expected to arrive at the race on Monday, Discovery Channel officials confirmed to VeloNews."

Wonderful - now Bob Roll can physically stick his nose in LA's butt. I like Bob but its like - Lance this, Lance that, Lance Lance Lance Lance........., not to mention the rest of the guys in the booth.

BBB 07-14-2006 01:54 AM

Aren't the team just 'losers' now?

JB better watch out for his job...

flyingscot 07-14-2006 02:15 AM

Like any diligent fund manager, Lance is merely inspecting his investment up close
He may also read them the riot act!

BBB 07-14-2006 02:39 AM

They can concentrate on winning stages now without the pressure of the overall and with the talent the team has they should be able to do okay riot act or not.

SpaceOdyssey 07-14-2006 04:52 AM

I'm thinking these days, the only Dr. Ferrari Lance might be visiting would be Enzo.

Say an F40 in Livestrong yellow and black? :banana:

I would think JB has at least a 1 year free pass on almost anything Disco does or doesn't do, as long as it's legal.

Lance is nothing if not loyal to his freinds and those who are loyal to him.

Bruce

BumbleBeeDave 07-14-2006 06:47 AM

learlove . . .

I was thinking the same thing. Now we're going to end up seeing about three minutes of actual bike racing in the three hour prime time coverage. They already waste at LEAST half on commercials and now the other 87 minutes will be what Lance thinks of THIS, what Lance thinks of THAT, blah, blah, blah . . . Kinda like reading my own posts on the forum . . . :crap:

BBD

Richard 07-14-2006 06:47 AM

I may be mistaken, but isn't Discovery"s sponsorship up in one year? The "free ride" may just be a restructure of the team to something a European sponsor may want.

kestrel 07-14-2006 06:50 AM

If the Discovery dropout rate continues today, there may not be any team left riding by the time LA gets there....

William 07-14-2006 06:51 AM

Gonna show them what "cyclism" really means.....with a boat load of lawyers and two body guards on his heels. :bike:

William ;)

Kevan 07-14-2006 07:20 AM

Good...

OLN will finally get to mention him.

Elefantino 07-15-2006 05:59 AM

Damn.

Doesn't his kid have a soccer game or something?