The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why I love the classifieds here.. (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=219495)

Clean39T 03-19-2018 03:59 PM

Why I love the classifieds here..

Sorry, somebody had to do it --- :banana: :beer: :banana:

Because the kind and reasonable folks here have made it possible for me to dabble in a whole bunch of crazy and obscure bike ephemera that I otherwise would never have found or been able to afford.

Because buying, selling, and trading has given me reason to make some personal connections in a world that can always use a bit more brotherly/sisterly love.

Because it's fun to see what gets offered, support and revel in others' sales and acquisitions, and play both the enabled and enabler on any given day.

William 03-19-2018 04:06 PM

As I just posted in the other thread...

I love this place because everyone I've dealt with in person or by mail has never let me down. I don't do PP and pay by sending cash or check if the seller is willing with the vast majority being in cash.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

William

ducati2 03-19-2018 04:27 PM

Clean, you definitely seem like the kind of guy I would like to go for a ride with....Steve

93svt96 03-19-2018 04:45 PM

I love hunting for parts as much as I enjoy riding. I have only purchased several things from fellow Paceliners and they have been great transactions.I also have paid with USPS money orders or personal checks and I understand it's only fair for them not to ship until everything clears.

rousseau 03-19-2018 04:50 PM

Because the amount and variety of Campy components listed here are amazing for what seems like such a small forum.

I'll admit my bias: that there are so many devoted Campagnolo fanboys on Paceline is probably the main reason I hold the forum in such high regard!

Dave B 03-19-2018 04:50 PM

I have learned soooo much from the classifieds about brands, types of bikes I had never heard of, or some of you really have/dig some funky stuff.

Oh and some of you dislike a lot of stuff for fascinating reasons.

Ken Robb 03-19-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2333087)
Sorry, somebody had to do it --- :banana: :beer: :banana:

Because the kind and reasonable folks here have made it possible for me to dabble in a whole bunch of crazy and obscure bike ephemera that I otherwise would never have found or been able to afford.

Because buying, selling, and trading has given me reason to make some personal connections in a world that can always use a bit more brotherly/sisterly love.

Because it's fun to see what gets offered, support and revel in others' sales and
acquisitions, and play both the enabled and enabler on any given day.

Heck, if you think you're happy now just wait until you buy my Strada Bianca. :banana:

OperaLover 03-19-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93svt96 (Post 2333132)
I love hunting for parts as much as I enjoy riding. I have only purchased several things from fellow Paceliners and they have been great transactions.I also have paid with USPS money orders or personal checks and I understand it's only fair for them not to ship until everything clears.

YES! What he said. I too have only had good experiences. I always send USPS money orders. The key is good communication as buyer or seller. I've always kept up on PMs any delays and status updates.

Way back in the day I traded with someone in Switzerland a brake arch (DA 7400, I think) for some Swiss chocolate. I mailed off the brake without hesitation. Chocolate was a little bit beat coming though the mail, but still delicious. That was a good one!

Clean39T 03-19-2018 05:04 PM

Why I love the classifieds here..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Robb (Post 2333147)
Heck, if you think you're happy now just wait until you buy my Strada Bianca. :banana:

Can you wait a month or two? Maybe I’ll trade ya an LDV just for funzies..

/banana

ntb1001 03-19-2018 05:05 PM

I have pretty good experiences buying and selling. Some pretty cool people here, even met a few.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Clean39T 03-19-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati2 (Post 2333107)
Clean, you definitely seem like the kind of guy I would like to go for a ride with....Steve

You’re just up in Seattle right? We can make it happen one of these days..

srcarter 03-19-2018 05:05 PM

I love the Classifieds because i ride frames within Clean39t's size range, giving me a near guarantee of awesome frames to try in the future. :banana:

In all seriousness, I have about 5 transactions here (3 purchases, 2 sales), and all have been very easy and successful.

mhespenheide 03-19-2018 05:24 PM

I've had a string of entirely good transactions on the classifieds here.

hollowgram5 03-19-2018 05:27 PM

posted in the other thread but in all seriousness:

I've been on both sides of this. I've had excellent transactions here as a buyer, especially after I first joined. I've had some great transactions as a seller too. I've made mistakes as well, and slacked in communication.

More than anything I appreciate the camaraderie here. It's my escape from work and life at times, especially with my lady is out of the country (3 weeks/month she's typically gone). I enjoy the friendships and connections I've made and look forward to the possibility of riding with many of you in the future.

Not to mention I am excited about the fact that Dan and I ride the same size frames. Means that there's opportunity to ride some spectacular stuff as we shuffle through our stables and sell things off. Though he seems to work a bit faster through them than I do...

AJosiahK 03-19-2018 05:41 PM

positivity is key!

Good and honest communication is undervalued.

Most of the PL community is great with that. I relate strongly to both OPs of the love/hate classifieds ... but honestly who is going to carry the torch so to speak when we all stop logging in? Leading by example is a huge contribution that alot of your dont realize your taking part in. This is one of the best forums ive ever been involved in, the depth of knowledge and willingness to share and experience together is what sets us apart.

cheers folks!