The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rivendell saved for now... (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=218496)

happycampyer 08-08-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 2577170)
i can not un-see those shorts. yikes.

I dare you to show up at D2R2 dressed like that, belt buckle and all...

Burnette 08-08-2019 06:59 PM

Shroom Blogging

I believe there's some experimentation going on while compiling the blahg:

"Just don't ride carbon forks. Just-like, don't, I mean WHY? The best thing you get from a carbon fork is risk. Can you ever descend a hill and be really sure? Steel can fail. It's unlikely, and it won't snap. OK, I'll shut up. These are good companies, but they're in a trap. They'd close in a month without carbon. The irony with this one is...who it is. They should OWN their original material, and put on steel forks like they used to when there were no carbon options.

Nobody here feels smug or satisfied when this stuff comes out. Steel has been vindicated for decades, so we don't need more of that, either. I don't know what KIND of problem this is. Is it with carbon itself? With the manufacturers who know it goes, who fear theirs will fail, but who do it anyway? It's easy for me to squawk as long as we don't have a history of broken carbon bikes, but how holy would I be if we did, and depended on continuing to sell them?".

https://www.rivbike.com/blogs/peekin...e-knothole/aug

bcroslin 08-08-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnette (Post 2577175)

"Just don't ride carbon forks. Just-like, don't, I mean WHY? The best thing you get from a carbon fork is risk. Can you ever descend a hill and be really sure? Steel can fail. It's unlikely, and it won't snap. OK, I'll shut up. These are good companies, but they're in a trap. They'd close in a month without carbon. The irony with this one is...who it is. They should OWN their original material, and put on steel forks like they used to when there were no carbon options.

Nobody here feels smug or satisfied when this stuff comes out. Steel has been vindicated for decades, so we don't need more of that, either. I don't know what KIND of problem this is. Is it with carbon itself? With the manufacturers who know it goes, who fear theirs will fail, but who do it anyway? It's easy for me to squawk as long as we don't have a history of broken carbon bikes, but how holy would I be if we did, and depended on continuing to sell them?".

I’ve broken a handful of carbon bikes and yet I ride a ti bike with a carbon fork :eek:

Btw - if I was honest with myself I’d dress like Al and not like the rest of you MAMILS but jean shorts make me chafe.

mtechnica 08-08-2019 07:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3XiKMch.gif

Burnette 08-08-2019 07:32 PM

Ha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcroslin (Post 2577184)
I’ve broken a handful of carbon bikes and yet I ride a ti bike with a carbon fork :eek:

Btw - if I was honest with myself I’d dress like Al and not like the rest of you MAMILS but jean shorts make me chafe.

So i guess the classifieds will get clogged with people dumping carbon bikes now as people have taken to standing hub deep in water while wearing daisy dukes and being high on 'shrooms.

If these kinds of things get out people are going to think cyclists are weird :)

prototoast 08-08-2019 07:35 PM

I want everyone to have fun on bikes in their own way. That's definitely not my way.

peanutgallery 08-08-2019 09:39 PM

I give up, I'm at a loss on this one. Hipsters are rougher than the 2nd law of thermodynamics

https://media.theradavist.com/upload...997&quality=75

mtechnica 08-08-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutgallery (Post 2577271)
I give up, I'm at a loss on this one. Hipsters are rougher than the 2nd law of thermodynamics

Is someone that tries THAT hard to look like a hipster, in fact a hipster? Inquiring hipsters would like to know... Also see above .gif

peanutgallery 08-08-2019 10:18 PM

The lack of a canteen is a dead giveaway, I think you are on to something

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtechnica (Post 2577291)
Is someone that tries THAT hard to look like a hipster, in fact a hipster? Inquiring hipsters would like to know... Also see above .gif

oldpotatoe 08-09-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnette (Post 2577192)
So i guess the classifieds will get clogged with people dumping carbon bikes now as people have taken to standing hub deep in water while wearing daisy dukes and being high on 'shrooms.

If these kinds of things get out people are going to think cyclists are weird :)

Guy needs to put his shirt back on..I thought I had a muffin top..:eek:

Hope he stays outta CO
Quote:

Denver decriminalizes ‘magic mushrooms’ component psilocybin DENVER — Voters narrowly made Denver the first U.S. city to decriminalize psilocybin, the psychoactive ingredient in “magic mushrooms.” Decriminalization led by a slim 51%, according to preliminary figures on Tuesday’s election released by Denver’s Election Division.

Mark McM 08-09-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

"Just don't ride carbon forks. Just-like, don't, I mean WHY? The best thing you get from a carbon fork is risk. Can you ever descend a hill and be really sure? Steel can fail. It's unlikely, and it won't snap. OK

I've seen two broken steel forks that caused crashes. I didn't actually witnessed one of the crashes, but in the one I did, the (steel) steerer just snapped. I've seen multiple carbon forks that were broken in crashes, but I don't think I've seen one that caused a crash.

CunegoFan 08-09-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Jeebus! It's like he was frozen in 1991, unthawed ,and is back to promote FUD about carbon forks, something that was settled twenty years ago. Do his customers actually buy this crap or is he so out of touch he is not even aware his would-be buyers are rolling their eyes?

redir 08-09-2019 10:12 AM

LOL! That was great.

R3awak3n 08-09-2019 10:14 AM

You guys are being dicks. Leave the dude alone. Who cares what he looks like or if he is a hipster or not. Yall better than this I thought

FlashUNC 08-09-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R3awak3n (Post 2577492)
You guys are being dicks. Leave the dude alone. Who cares what he looks like or if he is a hipster or not. Yall better than this I thought

Cyclists love to eat their own. Never mind he's getting exactly the reaction he said he wanted to provoke in the "squares." So it's a great square detector.