The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Strada Bianche, how to watch? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=304706)

BumbleBeeDave 02-29-2024 11:47 AM

Strada Bianche, how to watch?

Any suggestions on how to watch this weekend without major VPN or other $$$ investment?

Roberto Yunge 02-29-2024 11:56 AM

Tiz cycling live steam should work, haven`t used it in a while though.

cmb5286 02-29-2024 11:57 AM

I *think* it will be shown on Max here in the US. I just checked the app and it looks like it'll be shown there.

prototoast 02-29-2024 12:02 PM

I use NordVPN which is like $100 for two years, and I use that to watch a free Dutch or Belgian livestream.

irideti 02-29-2024 12:07 PM

I’m planning to watch it on Flo w Surfshark VPN connecting to Canada. This setup worked wonderfully last weekend for the two Belgium spring classic openers. I’m based in the US.

kytyree 02-29-2024 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb5286 (Post 3357427)
I *think* it will be shown on Max here in the US. I just checked the app and it looks like it'll be shown there.

It will but I think the free trial everyone got for the sports package expires today (the 29th) so it will be $9.99 for the month if we want to watch it on Max, more if you're not already a Max subscriber.

glepore 02-29-2024 01:02 PM

Max has extended the trial, date unknown. Given the merger, might be a while.
I used Tiz for Omloop. Its great if you are in a situation to reload every 15 min or so.
VPN to sporza be works if you spoof Belg. But commentary is Belgian.

GregL 02-29-2024 01:21 PM

Max B/R Sports, 8AM EST this Saturday. Already planning my coffee and breakfast around this :banana:

Greg

Onno 02-29-2024 01:37 PM

I thought I had just read somewhere that it was on Flobikes in the US. Is that not true? Perhaps I inadvertently found info from last year...

Mark McM 02-29-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytyree (Post 3357435)
It will but I think the free trial everyone got for the sports package expires today (the 29th) so it will be $9.99 for the month if we want to watch it on Max, more if you're not already a Max subscriber.

Max has extended the period that Max subscribers will receive the B/R Sports add-on for free, and haven't stated when they will actually start charging for it. So watching Strada Bianche on Max without paying an additional fee is good bet.

Mark McM 02-29-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onno (Post 3357463)
I thought I had just read somewhere that it was on Flobikes in the US. Is that not true? Perhaps I inadvertently found info from last year...

Flo's schedule lists races they will broadcast - but they usually don't say which will only be available in Canada (I suspect they do this on purpose). I'm in the US, and I have had luck using a VPN to watching races on Flo that are geo-restricted to Canada.

kytyree 02-29-2024 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark McM (Post 3357467)
Max has extended the period that Max subscribers will receive the B/R Sports add-on for free, and haven't stated when they will actually start charging for it. So watching Strada Bianche on Max without paying an additional fee is good bet.

That would be sweet, thanks for the heads up. I had just checked on the Max site this week but will watch if it's available. If we could make it through MSR for free...

I have Max but I haven't seen anything else on that sports package that would prompt me to pay for the extra sports package.

GregL 02-29-2024 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark McM (Post 3357468)
Flo's schedule lists races they will broadcast - but they usually don't say which will only be available in Canada (I suspect they do this on purpose). I'm in the US, and I have had luck using a VPN to watching races on Flo that are geo-restricted to Canada.

I've found Flo's schedule misleading as well. You have to drill down to individual race listings to determine their availability in your area. For Strade Bianche, you can see it's not available in the US.

Greg

robertbb 02-29-2024 04:05 PM

For those with a VPN or similar, our Australian free-to-air channel "SBS" broadcasts Strada Bianchi live (along with the grand tours and other big races).

That'll mean you get coverage in English as opposed to some of the Euro options mentioned earlier.

They have an on-demand streaming service via their website which could be accessed easily through your VPN.

SpeedyChix 02-29-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertbb (Post 3357530)
For those with a VPN or similar, our Australian free-to-air channel "SBS" broadcasts Strada Bianchi live (along with the grand tours and other big races).

That'll mean you get coverage in English as opposed to some of the Euro options mentioned earlier.

They have an on-demand streaming service via their website which could be accessed easily through your VPN.

Thanks for posting this.