The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

AngryScientist 04-16-2020 06:09 PM

this is quite an odd geometry, but might work for the right person and a good deal for a legend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Serotta-Leg...16.m2516.l5255

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/OjwAA...N2/s-l1200.jpg

RichTheRoadie 04-16-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 2698609)
this is quite an odd geometry, but might work for the right person and a good deal for a legend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Serotta-Leg...16.m2516.l5255

Nice, but why is the crank still in it? Stuck?

AngryScientist 04-16-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie (Post 2698653)
Nice, but why is the crank still in it? Stuck?

unlikely. it is a rare occurrence that an external BB crankset gets stuck in a frame. better guess is that's a cheapish crank that the no one wanted, so it's included with the former frame.

probably...

Kyle h 04-16-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyaugustus (Post 2695869)
It is. And Allied frames ride so nice.
Killer deal so far. We'll see where it stands at the end.

$1125 hammer price seems like quite a deal to me. I got busy at work and missed my shot otherwise there’s a good chance it’s be heading to me. 😢

AngryScientist 04-16-2020 07:30 PM

speaking of which, the rim model posted here is headed to me in NJ

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SZsAA...mj/s-l1200.jpg

Clean39T 04-16-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhespenheide (Post 2698544)
emailed with the seller of the Freuler Bianchi and got this response:

"Gabe (my bike friend) checked the Bianchi (which is set up with wheels and so he could eyeball extra clearance) and reports back: 'I think they are 28s on the bianchi (there’s no writing on the sidewall.) But suspect a low profile 32 would fit.'

and I think those were 28s on there currently."

Dan? Or is the Della Santa drawing more of your attention? ;)

I'm going to hold off and send my money to Kvale, Kirk, or Wages to scratch that go-fast steelie itch at some point......would be fun to try though.

Clean39T 04-16-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 2698673)
speaking of which, the rim model posted here is headed to me in NJ

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SZsAA...mj/s-l1200.jpg

That's beautiful - I missed the PSA on it - you're going to love it - the Allied Alfa I had was one of the best carbon bikes I've ridden - so light, so snappy, and so well finished inside and out..

gbcoupe 04-16-2020 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tall yellow Della Santa #2 on the bay. Nice seatpost. :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Del-Santa-R...QAAOSw2oVeZDkC

pmarkos 04-16-2020 08:14 PM

Seems like a good deal

Desalvo titanium Touring Bike $995

https://medford.craigslist.org/bik/d...096806402.html

Custom DeSalvo titanium touring bike with rear rack Titanium frame Triple granny gear Front derailleur Shimano Ultegra 10 gear rear cassette Rear derailleur Shimano Deore XT Winwood carbon fork Tires 700 x 35C Top Tube 56.5 cm or 22 1/4 inches Seat ...




Seems like a good deal

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

the bottle ride 04-16-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 2698660)
unlikely. it is a rare occurrence that an external BB crankset gets stuck in a frame. better guess is that's a cheapish crank that the no one wanted, so it's included with the former frame.

probably...

AL cups on a Ti frame- you can fuse the two.
I had an FSA bb on an Indy Fab and the two fused together (not enough Ti prep)

Miller76 04-16-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 2698673)
speaking of which, the rim model posted here is headed to me in NJ

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SZsAA...mj/s-l1200.jpg


Looking forward to see how you spec this build, pretty sure it’ll be the first of your bikes without Bar end shifters [emoji482]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellvetica 04-16-2020 09:22 PM

Congrats Angry!

Steve in SLO 04-17-2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2698691)
I'm going to hold off and send my money to Kvale, Kirk, or Wages to scratch that go-fast steelie itch at some point......would be fun to try though.

I would suggest you send your money to Chris Kvale and order a nice steel frame built with his most thinned lugs, have him spray it in a light metallic silver-blue or silver-violet to properly enhance the lugs. Oh, and make sure it has a 57.5-58.5cm TT.
Thanks.

scottcw2 04-17-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve in SLO (Post 2698809)
I would suggest you send your money to Chris Kvale and order a nice steel frame built with his most thinned lugs, have him spray it in a light metallic silver-blue or silver-violet to properly enhance the lugs. Oh, and make sure it has a 57.5-58.5cm TT.
Thanks.

Except for the color, that describes my Kvale.

Clean39T 04-17-2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve in SLO (Post 2698809)
I would suggest you send your money to Chris Kvale and order a nice steel frame built with his most thinned lugs, have him spray it in a light metallic silver-blue or silver-violet to properly enhance the lugs. Oh, and make sure it has a 57.5-58.5cm TT.
Thanks.

Hmm... those sound suspiciously like your measurements :banana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottcw2 (Post 2698810)
Except for the color, that describes my Kvale.

If only your Kvale was 1cm longer. Dagnabbit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.