The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

bikingshearer 12-23-2018 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1961 Bianchi Competizione. This was a barn find (literally) in about 1974, and I've had the frame ever since. The frame's contorted history (including 25+ years of neglect by me) is too long to relate here. A few years ago, I had Ed Litton repaint it and I assembled the more or less period-appropriatge parts in the photo. (I have swapped some out a fair number of the parts shown here for safety and comfort.) It has been my Eroica CA bike twice. It's a fair bit small for me, and consequently it looks better than it rides, at least for me.

FlashUNC 12-23-2018 08:28 PM

I was one of the supporters of this idea, so I should throw on the woodpile. This is pretty pristine Time VXR for the money:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Time-P...9xuN:rk:1:pf:0

Clean39T 12-23-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikingshearer (Post 2474002)
1961 Bianchi Competizione. This was a barn find (literally) in about 1974, and I've had the frame ever since. The frame's contorted history (including 25+ years of neglect by me) is too long to relate here. A few years ago, I had Ed Litton repaint it and I assembled the more or less period-appropriatge parts in the photo. (I have swapped some out a fair number of the parts shown here for safety and comfort.) It has been my Eroica CA bike twice. It's a fair bit small for me, and consequently it looks better than it rides, at least for me.

This is a new flavor - but I like it... Probably more for "general discussion" though. Somebody needs to start a "show us your barn finds thread".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Clean39T 12-24-2018 12:11 AM

CSi 62L time capsule.. Full Record 8spd. Beautiful.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16621370/p5pb16621370.jpg

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2481626/

I should buy it - but it's also probably a hair big for me.

If anyone's got one in similar condition in a 60L - hit me up.

cmbicycles 12-24-2018 09:23 AM

This stainless Bridgestone is a little different. Needs attention, but relatively cheap.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...773881495.html

msl819 12-24-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2474060)
CSi 62L time capsule.. Full Record 8spd. Beautiful.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16621370/p5pb16621370.jpg

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2481626/

I should buy it - but it's also probably a hair big for me.

If anyone's got one in similar condition in a 60L - hit me up.

But it... don’t like it, and sell it to me down the road.

PaMtbRider 12-24-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msl819 (Post 2474184)
But it... don’t like it, and sell it to me down the road.

+1 I don't have the room, the money, or the need, but that is a deal. I put about 1000 miles on the CSI I bought here back in the spring and really like it.

Clean39T 12-24-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msl819 (Post 2474184)
But it... don’t like it, and sell it to me down the road.

Nothing not to love about that bike other than it being a biggun. I think the CRL I had was a bit bigger though..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

msl819 12-24-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2474194)
Nothing not to love about that bike other than it being a biggun. I think the CRL I had was a bit bigger though..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a CRL... always wondered if the CSI was any better/different. I suspect not. At least not in any significant way.

Clean39T 12-24-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msl819 (Post 2474196)
I have a CRL... always wondered if the CSI was any better/different. I suspect not. At least not in any significant way.

Talking to the seller. I dig the setup and color. Saddle height is 84.5cm in the photo.

Clean39T 12-24-2018 03:14 PM

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...4&share_type=t


Hmm, is that one bigger or the same as the CSi..


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

msl819 12-24-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2474241)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...4&share_type=t


Hmm, is that one bigger or the same as the CSi..


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What is it? Don’t have tapatalk and it won’t open for me.

Clean39T 12-24-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msl819 (Post 2474254)
What is it? Don’t have tapatalk and it won’t open for me.

Oh, it's the Colorado II I had briefly that I sold to Type2Sam...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...823a8f38cf.jpg

.
.
.
.
.

UPDATE :: Aaaand...it looks like I've PSA'd myself into another bike...pending consummation, but looks like I got a CSi headed my way for the holidays...it's bi-lam too, which I didn't catch on the first go-round...

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16621371/p5pb16621371.jpg

.
.
.

makoti 12-25-2018 12:02 PM

I, for one, like this new PSA setup. All in one place, go straight to the last page to see the latest. Hope it stays around

Clean39T 12-25-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2474265)

UPDATE :: Aaaand...it looks like I've PSA'd myself into another bike...pending consummation, but looks like I got a CSi headed my way for the holidays...it's bi-lam too, which I didn't catch on the first go-round...

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16621371/p5pb16621371.jpg

.
.
.

Deal is done. This thread works. All hail this thread...


[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Lulz.



Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.