The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

Bici-Sonora 03-08-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmradio516 (Post 3063484)
Ugh i want that. Anyone know if there is a weight limit for these? My current state of fat is 215lbs w/o gear.

Also not sure if its just me, or is the description completely blank? There also seems to be quite a bit of duct tape randomly.


There is a brief description. I zoomed in on the pics and the only duct tape—or maybe electrical tape—looks to be securing some sort of hard plastic chain guard to the DS chainstay. Frame has definitely been used, but nothing that would scare me off. Every XL Ritchey I’ve owned rode great—but I’m ~170lbs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmradio516 03-08-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bici-Sonora (Post 3063550)
There is a brief description. I zoomed in on the pics and the only duct tape—or maybe electrical tape—looks to be securing some sort of hard plastic chain guard to the DS chainstay. Frame has definitely been used, but nothing that would scare me off. Every XL Ritchey I’ve owned rode great—but I’m ~170lbs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah youre right. i just looked again. I thought there was one piece of tape on the downtube as well.

Bici-Sonora 03-08-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 3063166)
Went higher than I wanted - not sure I’d like those wavy aesthetics in person..

Look good on the OP’s Peg tho!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...24408f1916.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was watching these with the rest of you fools, but once the price went north of 1500, I folded. I was not confident I would love the bump look either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misterha 03-09-2022 08:58 AM

Chris King 40th
 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20386099877...EAAOSwg-NiKEDB

Oh my heart....If anyone wants to split this, I just want the hubs and headset.

R3awak3n 03-09-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmradio516 (Post 3063484)
Ugh i want that. Anyone know if there is a weight limit for these? My current state of fat is 215lbs w/o gear.

Also not sure if its just me, or is the description completely blank? There also seems to be quite a bit of duct tape randomly.

you could be 85 more lbs and still ride that bike no problem

arimajol 03-09-2022 10:16 AM

This geometry looks a little weird, but cool bike
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32508666274...4AAOSwumNiGdde

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/sa4AA...de/s-l1600.jpg

AngryScientist 03-09-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arimajol (Post 3063712)
This geometry looks a little weird, but cool bike
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32508666274...4AAOSwumNiGdde

an "interesting" bike for sure, but that starting bid, uncommon geometry and small wheel size will probably not garner much interest.

cribbit 03-09-2022 10:25 AM

I always wonder what those sellers are thinking. Even at the peak of pandemic pricing that would be an impossible sell.

mhespenheide 03-09-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arimajol (Post 3063712)
This geometry looks a little weird, but cool bike

The body text of the listing says that the geometry matches a Bridgestone MB-1, so that's why it's funky. Think of it as a drop-bar mountain bike, not a road bike.

That makes me wonder what size tires fit, though.

nighthawk 03-09-2022 05:01 PM

Is it just me or is there something funky going on in pic 3 of that Spectrum, showing the internal cable routing in the top tube? Can’t say it looks dented or cracking, but doesn’t look “right”.

glepore 03-09-2022 05:11 PM

$200 Lemond Zurich in DC
 
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...85370880%22%7D
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...-Q&oe=622D4377

duff_duffy 03-09-2022 05:18 PM

What did those cost new? Yikes, pricey. It’s almost the cost of a fillup these days;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterha (Post 3063672)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20386099877...EAAOSwg-NiKEDB

Oh my heart....If anyone wants to split this, I just want the hubs and headset.


misterha 03-09-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duff_duffy (Post 3063942)
What did those cost new? Yikes, pricey. It’s almost the cost of a fillup these days;)

Definitely asking for more than retail. I think it was just under 2k when it was available.

d_douglas 03-09-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterha (Post 3063947)
Definitely asking for more than retail. I think it was just under 2k when it was available.

I dont get why there is a premium for a colour? I would just make 500 or whatever, set the price based on what's offered (that cannot be worth $2k?) and sell them out, then no more are available.

King stuff is great, but $2k for hubs, a BB and a headset (and a tamper) is a bit stupid.

$800 hubs
$175 headset
$175 BB
$200 tamper (?)

Oh, now let me guess, ceramic bearings on everything? $650 worth of bearings?

AngryScientist 03-09-2022 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_douglas (Post 3063951)
I dont get why there is a premium for a colour?

Chris king is a beloved name in cycling. Limited edition anniversary stuff in many industries always sells fast and furious and then the resale market goes crazy. this happens literally all the time.

certain rapha limited edition pieces sell for crazy money on ebay for example.

it's not a rational thing, it's hype driven, at the enthusiast level.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.