The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How would U play this one? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=25727)

Spicoli 02-03-2007 08:40 PM

How would U play this one?

So, the weather is lookin like its gonna be a bag of POOH! For the next week at the least. How much fatter and slower will/could I get if I just bag it for the next week or so and ride the couch? I am good with riding in the teens or even a little lower but mix that with 20mph.wind and I'm thinkin a line has to be drawn? FYI all my training started from zero on Nov.1 of 06 my cycling new year and I have been aerobic almost the whole time minus a few "pride rides". So I am fresher than fresh right now, getting ready to start the hard stuff in anticipation of a good April/May?

1)Suk it up and ride outside?
2)Suk it up and ride inside? (UGHHH!)
3)Suk up a ccase of Guiness and ride the couch?

Climb01742 02-03-2007 08:43 PM

alternate days outside and couch for a week. maybe some core stuff on off days.

pdxmech13 02-03-2007 08:44 PM

drink while riding in the house. :cool:

Spicoli 02-03-2007 08:48 PM

Nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxmech13

Brilliant! :banana:

Now thats having it all. Thanks Bruudda, please ignore this post from here on in, the choice has been made :D

CNY rider 02-03-2007 08:49 PM

Find something else that's fun to do.

Is there somewhere to ice skate/ski/snowshoe etc.nearby? You will have a great time,stay fit, and be much more excited about the bike when the weather breaks.

stevep 02-03-2007 08:52 PM

hike with heavy boots.
same as riding but better in winter

theprep 02-04-2007 09:54 AM

Other

Wimp...Go mountain biking with your big brother; 12 pm Belle Meade.

Create a calorie deficit for the 3 pieces of devils food birthday cake you will be eating at 5. :D

gt6267a 02-04-2007 10:20 AM

take your bicycle into the living room. lay down on the couch with the tv in sight. place one hand on your bike and the other on a remote. fall asleep watching a cycling dvd, maybe lemond's TT to win the tour. in the end, you do the most human thing possible with a sporting event, you fall asleep.

in your dreams, you will ride up ventoux with lance and pantani. towards the top you start to put the hammer down, those sissies weren't really racing at your kind of speed. you just hung out for a while to humor them.

you give them the look ala lance on the alpe and see the face of your arch-rivals. your boss, your mom, whoever has been annoying you lately. you see pain on their faces as you drop the hammer and crush them. at the top, you are celebrating on the podium while reporters interview them. finally, they realize their arseholishness and come clean on every way they have tried or successfully wronged you.

a sense of relief washes over you. you had a great ride, you've beaten and come to terms with your enemies, and you are well rested. why torture yourself outside when the action in your mind is so much fun!

uh, did i mention that i am procrastinating writing this morning?

Frankwurst 02-04-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxmech13

+1 :beer:

big shanty 02-04-2007 01:13 PM

stay inside and drink water, cut a few pounds!

T-Crush 02-04-2007 02:35 PM

The garage calls

Time to build up the 'Cross bike you've always wanted, then go play in the mud.