The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

Cicli 07-05-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCilliams (Post 2561579)

Out of line pricing but a pretty cool none the less.
I would buy that before I dropped 12 large on a plastic electronic supersonic wonderbike.

cribbit 07-05-2019 05:21 PM

https://monterey.craigslist.org/bik/...926594402.html

https://imgur.com/XPzeE9Z.png

Price is just OK, could get good if you negotiate well. Not the greatest bike but if you want a cheaper side S&S titanium bike it's a good target.

ultraman6970 07-05-2019 07:04 PM

Lot of titanium lately, thats unusual.

ChainNoise 07-05-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultraman6970 (Post 2561856)
Lot of titanium lately, thats unusual.

Lots of people upgrading to discs now.

mtechnica 07-05-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainNoise (Post 2561869)
Lots of people upgrading to discs now.

This, and aero bikes too.

ultraman6970 07-05-2019 08:55 PM

For me they can continue doing it, prices in high end steel will continue going down, same with components. Guys cant use their groups with the new stuff.

LouDeeter 07-06-2019 04:57 AM

Excel Sports--Pinarello Opera Campy 10, $1200 56cm

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp...jor=1&minor=35

Excel Sports has this "like new" Pinarello Opera with Campagnolo Record 10 for $1200, 56cm only.

ChainNoise 07-06-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultraman6970 (Post 2561897)
For me they can continue doing it, prices in high end steel will continue going down, same with components. Guys cant use their groups with the new stuff.

I totally agree! 11spd is perfectly fine for me and CF wheels + rim brakes work fine for my riding.

91Bear 07-06-2019 09:27 AM

51cm Tommasini and LeMond bicycles

https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/...925562555.html

cnighbor1 07-06-2019 01:37 PM

psa 1976 Colnago Super: Pro Restoration 0 Miles -56cm -Panto Campy Record - $1200

2 Attachment(s)
1976 Colnago Super: Pro Restoration 0 Miles -56cm -Panto Campy Record - $1200

$1200 without saddle (I can add a basic saddle for free or a nicer saddle for more) . This bike moves to Portland on June 20th if it hasn't sold!

Exceptionally well restored 1970's Colnago Super racing bicycle! It has zero miles since the frame restoration which was done in Italy before a US collector acquired it. ALL of the components are the original stock parts which have light miles on them (with the exception of brand new Cello tape. A highlight is the Unicanitor Mod 65 suede covered saddle with CINELLI on the rear in block letters, a VERY rare version of the Unica. It features some lovely Colnago factory pantographing, including a Mexico style chainring, milled and painted seatpost, 3ttt stem, and old logo and Italian flag diamond brake levers. The clamps for the toe straps feature the old Colnago logo.

The frame dates to 1976. The rear derailleur is stamped Patent 1976, and the rest of the Campy NR components that are undated are original (and match this period). The frame number on the driveside dropout is unreadable, but the following features solidly identify it as 1976 build date: Fork crown is non-recessed bolt, and features "COLNAGO" along with the club, a feature they added in 1976. The back of the crown is solid with no cutouts, whereas starting 1977 there were shallow triangles on the back. Diagonal Worlds band added behind black Club/COLNAGO head tube decal and vertical COLNAGO seat tube decal with single diagonal Worlds band at top were both added in 1975 and ran for a few years. (source)

Seat tube: 56.5cm (center to top of seat tube)
Top tube: 56cm
Head tube: 139mm

Unridden since restoration, lovely show bike condition. Frame is almost completely pristine, with the ONLY blemishes being two long paint chips on the seat tube, non driveside, under FD clamp (from storage), and two chips on the seat binder tabs. Paint is glossy and free of microscratches! Decals are pristine.

The components overall are mostly near mint. All Campy parts, wheels, saddle, bars/stem are near mint with minimal blemishes. Hoods are supple and clean, with only the slightest worn spots on bottom edges.

Details

-Nuovo Record derailleurs (Patent 76), headset, brakeset & levers, shifters, Crankset/BB, 2-bolt seatpost, pedals, hubs/skewers
-Colnago logo toe straps w/ Christophe clips
-Wheelset: 36H Campagnolo Record low flange / Monthlery Route Chrome Tubular
-Crankset/BB: Super Record non-fluted 170mm - 53/42t - 11 rectangle date stamp - Ernesto Colnago Mexico panto ring
-Freewheel: Regina Oro 6 speed - gold drilled
-Seatpost: Nuovo Record fluted & pantographed red/green/white Italian flag - 27.2mm
-Saddle: CINELLI Unica-Cantor Mod 65 - rear bold Cinelli name - leather covered - no padding (RARE!)
-Stem: 3ttt Record Colnago pantograph
-Bars: 3ttt Mod Competizione, Benotto Cello rose gold handlebar tape
-Tires: Pneudan Sport 67 tubular: 700c / 28"
-Rear spacing: 126mm
-Tubing: Columbus SL lugged steel
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/b...895218783.html
$1200 local pickup price WITHOUT rare Cinelli saddle, or $1350 with saddle

cinema 07-06-2019 02:11 PM

Is it just me or are the prices for higher end used steel frames going up? they don't seem to sell really at these higher prices but people here or online think they can get almost as much for an old used frame as it would cost to get a new custom steel frame from certain budget-minded builders.

cribbit 07-06-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinema (Post 2562107)
Is it just me or are the prices for higher end used steel frames going up? they don't seem to sell really at these higher prices but people here or online think they can get almost as much for an old used frame as it would cost to get a new custom steel frame from certain budget-minded builders.

I'm really curious if this stuff is even selling at these prices, or if it's to give negotiating headroom, or if they don't sell at all and get put back into a garage.

Bentley 07-06-2019 03:08 PM

I think you are right

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinema (Post 2562107)

I see a lot of bike/frames that folks have posted at super optimistic prices. I don’t feel like it’s my place to point it out, those really interested in selling come to their senses. I made an offer on a frame on the ‘Bay about 10 days ago, the buyer countered back higher, “he had others interested”. The auction ended and I made another offer, lower than the first and it was accepted almost immediately.

I get folks have money tied up, but unless it’s a grail bike, a “Team Bike” with documentation or a super rare bike, most of these are unlikely to get what they are asking. Case in point, the Tomassini above is nice, but the seller could have cleaned it up.... not sure if he is hiding something

mtechnica 07-06-2019 03:55 PM

Yeah I’m tempted to have my superissimo repainted and change it back from a fixie now lol

ultraman6970 07-06-2019 04:49 PM

Seen that to happen, not to me tho... many guys trying to get money back, the only ones that are pricing ok IMO are 1st or second owners that arent flippers and know how the thing works lately.

As for those super rare team bikes, well I have two :P and i can tell you that even with those is hard to justify 40% more of a regular number, you simply can't... the tab number or the weird geometry is not excuse to ask a lot more you know, you could squezze maybe 100 more but from there to double it, no way...

My best example of that was oscar freire's c50, that one sold like 2 years ago, and he got his last world champion in that one I believe. We aren't talking about for example a mxl motorola of a guy that happen was in the team...Freire's c50 custom paint and stuff sold for like 2000 bucks, doubt was going to bring more tho.

Rasmussen TT bike is at ebay, not for a lot either.

Here a few days ago a MXL went out for a super good deal, never seen one of those go for such numbers. Just insane, but if you look the bay, all of those are sitting there and probably will be there for a very long time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bentley (Post 2562125)
I see a lot of bike/frames that folks have posted at super optimistic prices. I don’t feel like it’s my place to point it out, those really interested in selling come to their senses. I made an offer on a frame on the ‘Bay about 10 days ago, the buyer countered back higher, “he had others interested”. The auction ended and I made another offer, lower than the first and it was accepted almost immediately.

I get folks have money tied up, but unless it’s a grail bike, a “Team Bike” with documentation or a super rare bike, most of these are unlikely to get what they are asking. Case in point, the Tomassini above is nice, but the seller could have cleaned it up.... not sure if he is hiding something