The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

pritchet74 03-02-2022 03:40 PM

oh my gahd I wish this was a 50s
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik...452476693.html

KarlC 03-02-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pritchet74 (Post 3060727)

So nice !

rwsaunders 03-02-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDot (Post 3060072)
+1. I've always wondered how he manages to sell his frames. I've contacted him before and his prices are firm. There was a Corsa 01 he had with totally battered paint and wouldn't budge on the $1600 he was asking. It sat there for years.

I know the guy…he does it for the thrill, as his day job pays very well. You’re right about not dealing when he’s selling, but when you’re selling something locally, he bottom feeds and I stopped taking his calls.

prototoast 03-02-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Gorgeous frame and just my size, but more money than I'd like to spend. If you want to buy it, you can keep all the campy parts, lend the frame to me, and come look at it whenever you want.

KarlC 03-02-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Is it the EPQ that is said to take wider tires or the ???

Gsinill 03-02-2022 08:11 PM

Weird setup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnighbor1 (Post 3060292)
03/01/2022
Ibis Touche tandem bike steel Handmade in California campagnolo DT - $2,699
(I Have a Ibis Tandem Fantastic build Charles)
Located in Oakland 94609 - lovely Ibis Touché steel tandem, handmade in Sebastopol. Size M (58-52; see geometry chart), serial number "4137".

- 3T/Salsa handlebars;
- Sachs New Sucess (Campagnolo) shifters (8 speed);
- Sach Quarz / Shimano XTR derailleurs;
- Specialized cranks;
- Onza brakes; rear drum brake;
- American Classic seatpost (captain & stoker);
- Dt Hugi hubs;
- Mavic Module 3 SBP rims (700c; clincher);
- Continental GP 4 Season tires (clincher; 25mm).

Please note: pedals and saddles are NOT included. Shipping is available through Bikeflights.

Captain shifting FD, stoker RD.
Did Campagnolo ever make those stubby stoker brake levers or are they custom?

C40_guy 03-02-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlC (Post 3060745)
So nice !

Saronni Red. Unusual!

mhespenheide 03-02-2022 11:23 PM

Was someone looking for a set of QR disc wheels? Pacenti has these on sale:
https://pacenticycledesign.com/colle...-speed-shimano
6-bolt disc, QR, Shimano 11-speed cassette, $300

(Sorry; tried looking back through for the WTB but can't find it now.)

Kyle h 03-03-2022 06:46 AM

Super rad Vanilla QR disc CX bike.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyclocross-...-127632-2357-0

duff_duffy 03-03-2022 10:21 AM

He’s bought multiple bikes off me. Always paid cash, showed up on time, and made for pleasurable meeting. Negotiated all deals ahead of time based on pictures (we did not always come to a deal but he negotiated fairly) and he never backed out of deals once made. Just saying as a buyer of my collection he was good to deal with. I typically sold him very rare high end clean stuff that I never saw on his eBay site so not sure if he has other outlets to sell through. He paid well, well above our friends at ProsCloset and just a drop under what I’d sell on my own for over time. His deals helped me clear out my collection when my wife’s medical bills were piling up. If his prices are high, he “may” be paying someone a fair price for it then storing it and paying all kinds of carrying costs. I never bought anything from him so can’t share that perspective. This is assuming we are talking about R_-__ and not mixing up people;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwsaunders (Post 3060812)
I know the guy…he does it for the thrill, as his day job pays very well. You’re right about not dealing when he’s selling, but when you’re selling something locally, he bottom feeds and I stopped taking his calls.

m_moses 03-03-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle h (Post 3060919)

That is sweet and so clean. But it looks like zero adjustment on that saddle height unfortunately. I guess it could be modified to add a topper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duff_duffy 03-03-2022 10:45 AM

and I thought the topper idea was bad with the few little adjustment allowed, this seems downright silly if you cant adjust at all. Does look nicer than a topper though. Am I missing something? Any idea of cost to cut post and add topper? Can you just saw it off or do you have to cap it somehow so the topper won’t damage it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_moses (Post 3061041)
That is sweet and so clean. But it looks like zero adjustment on that saddle height unfortunately. I guess it could be modified to add a topper.

m_moses 03-03-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duff_duffy (Post 3061048)
and I thought the topper idea was bad with the few little adjustment allowed, this seems downright silly if you cant adjust at all. Does look nicer than a topper though. Am I missing something? Any idea of cost to cut post and add topper? Can you just saw it off or do you have to cap it somehow so the topper won’t damage it?

I guess it could also be modified to take a regular seatpost. That would probably be the best idea. No idea how much it would cost to modify but I would think it’s value-added on that bike.

gbcoupe 03-03-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsinill (Post 3060829)
Captain shifting FD, stoker RD.
Did Campagnolo ever make those stubby stoker brake levers or are they custom?

I can't answer re the brake levers. The stoker bar end is for the drag brake.

sailorboy 03-03-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwsaunders (Post 3060812)

Funny, I was also wondering if I ever crossed paths with him when I lived in Pittsburgh since his location is pretty close. Hard to imagine he has time to ride with all the ebay business. Even if he hardly sells anything, just keeping up 4000+ listings has to take some time. Now with the IRS taking a cut via ebay reporting, I would think a privateer like this will have to wonder if its worth it.

This reminds me of Larry at Mt. Airy bikes in MD. Lots of nice bikes, but you can't buy any of 'em!