The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

AngryScientist 01-28-2021 11:14 AM

lot of bids, but ultimately went pretty cheap. anyone here snag it?

Robot870 01-28-2021 11:43 AM

I went for a ride and forgot to bid! :crap:

d_douglas 01-28-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robot870 (Post 2871761)
I went for a ride and forgot to bid! :crap:

Brilliant, we would all be better off if we did this more often :)

notsew 01-28-2021 12:51 PM

Piermont had a Parlee Altum that went for 600 yesterday (which I got sniped out from under me). Seems like they're getting some nice stuff these days.

Anybody know what their deal is? Where do they get this stuff?

IJWS 01-28-2021 12:51 PM

:hello:
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_douglas (Post 2871797)
Brilliant, we would all be better off if we did this more often :)


recarcar 01-28-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_douglas (Post 2871797)
Brilliant, we would all be better off if we did this more often :)

:beer:

Clean39T 01-28-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notsew (Post 2871804)
Piermont had a Parlee Altum that went for 600 yesterday (which I got sniped out from under me). Seems like they're getting some nice stuff these days.

Anybody know what their deal is? Where do they get this stuff?

Consignment, trade-ins..

They blocked me from bidding on anything in their store though after I've returned two frames/bikes to them - both of which were 100% their fault.. Probably for the best for me anyway.

Hilltopperny 01-28-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2871821)
Consignment, trade-ins..

They blocked me from bidding on anything in their store though after I've returned two frames/bikes to them - both of which were 100% their fault.. Probably for the best for me anyway.


I was less than impressed with the two items I bought from them in the past. The tend to leave out important info and not photograph or state imperfections properly from my experience.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjaman 01-28-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilltopperny (Post 2871867)
I was less than impressed with the two items I bought from them in the past. The tend to leave out important info and not photograph or state imperfections properly from my experience.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agreed. And they make a ton of mistakes in their ad descriptions, I’ve messaged them at least a dozen times to point out important errors. They refuse to allow local pickup, and I’ve been basically laughed at for asking them to ship via a different (and about 1/3 the cost) carrier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duff_duffy 01-28-2021 02:30 PM

I’ve had different experiences with them in the past. I’ll let you all know how this one turns out;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaman (Post 2871880)
Agreed. And they make a ton of mistakes in their ad descriptions, I’ve messaged them at least a dozen times to point out important errors. They refuse to allow local pickup, and I’ve been basically laughed at for asking them to ship via a different (and about 1/3 the cost) carrier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


hellvetica 01-28-2021 03:45 PM

Pretty beat up/gigantic Ira Ryan, but cool and $800 ... shrug

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...268873177.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00E0E_...I_1200x900.jpg

Kyle h 01-28-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upcountry (Post 2871724)
Two nice "Pegoretti's"... made by his brother... The Unblended has been up for a while, and is too rich for my blood...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DeAnima-Unb...3/164223304480

But man this Soul Frameset is beautiful!!!
Unsure of the sizing, as it's listed as "M" but I'm thinking its a 50 or 51 per their stock geo offerings... It'll fit me... :no:
https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...edium-frameset
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/23...g?v=1611262074

Here's that same frame built up at Blacksmith Cycles...
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...g?v=1582322267


If TPC had offered my a little more for my Vanilla, I would have traded it in for this.

gbcoupe 01-28-2021 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting Zunow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Ultra-R...QAAOSwOPhgERKG

d_douglas 01-28-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbcoupe (Post 2872065)

Is that a Thomson setback seatpost?


Seriously, very cool. That is one-of-a-kind without a doubt. I hope that isn’t a seatmast!

I wonder what that looks like built up?

muz 01-28-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbcoupe (Post 2872065)
Interesting Zunow.

Another bicycle design solution in search of a problem :banana:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.