The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   Classifieds (Cycling Products) (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PSA's - GOOD DEALS - BARN FINDS !!!...!!!...!!! (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=232021)

mhespenheide 12-03-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2839916)
Whoever designed front clamp bolts that thread in from the back deserves to sit in the corner for the rest of the year... I'm looking at you too 3T Apto - in fact, you get the King Dunce cap since you're old enough and big enough to know better, and to have learned from others' mistakes. Parlee gets a bit of a pass since theirs are at least angled and moderately easier to deal with.

The only reason to use that design is so that you can have a carbon stem with bolts threading into an aluminum front cap.

m_sasso 12-03-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2839916)
Whoever designed front clamp bolts that thread in from the back deserves to sit in the corner for the rest of the year... I'm looking at you too 3T Apto - in fact, you get the King Dunce cap since you're old enough and big enough to know better, and to have learned from others' mistakes. Parlee gets a bit of a pass since theirs are at least angled and moderately easier to deal with.

Never heard the program "aero is everything"?

Pegoready 12-03-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2839916)
Whoever designed front clamp bolts that thread in from the back deserves to sit in the corner for the rest of the year... I'm looking at you too 3T Apto - in fact, you get the King Dunce cap since you're old enough and big enough to know better, and to have learned from others' mistakes. Parlee gets a bit of a pass since theirs are at least angled and moderately easier to deal with.

Oval Concepts did that and if it's good enough for this Sachs it's good enough for me. I didn't hate it but it's well before torque wrenches became de rigueur. Something about load dispersion and mucking up the faceplate rather than the stem body in the event of cross-threading. Faceplates are easier/cheaper to replace though in the case of a $6 stem it's irrelevant.

https://images.immediate.co.uk/produ...size=500%2C375

LouDeeter 12-03-2020 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://vermont.craigslist.org/spo/d...239795346.html

Wojcik, 10 speed DuraAce (7800). Carbon fork. Ksyrium wheels. 54cm, $900.

rallizes 12-03-2020 02:15 PM

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...238560654.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00w0w_...2_1200x900.jpg

TDot 12-03-2020 02:26 PM

Love the Specialissima! That’s a good deal

cgolvin 12-03-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2839916)
Whoever designed front clamp bolts that thread in from the back deserves to sit in the corner for the rest of the year... I'm looking at you too 3T Apto - in fact, you get the King Dunce cap since you're old enough and big enough to know better, and to have learned from others' mistakes. Parlee gets a bit of a pass since theirs are at least angled and moderately easier to deal with.

I bought a Ritchey C260 stem and couldn't for the life of me figure out why it refused to clamp the bars … until I looked at the picture and realized that I had the bolts going in the wrong direction. OK, RTFM, but having to remove shifters and tape to switch bars was the really poor design choice IMO.

radsmd 12-03-2020 02:43 PM

Pretty sure this is a PL’ers.

fkslksj 12-03-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean39T (Post 2839916)
Whoever designed front clamp bolts that thread in from the back deserves to sit in the corner for the rest of the year... I'm looking at you too 3T Apto - in fact, you get the King Dunce cap since you're old enough and big enough to know better, and to have learned from others' mistakes. Parlee gets a bit of a pass since theirs are at least angled and moderately easier to deal with.

Haha! I couldn't agree with you more, but figured it was worth posting for the incredibly low price :)

Clean39T 12-03-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegoready (Post 2839945)
Oval Concepts did that and if it's good enough for this Sachs it's good enough for me. I didn't hate it but it's well before torque wrenches became de rigueur. Something about load dispersion and mucking up the faceplate rather than the stem body in the event of cross-threading. Faceplates are easier/cheaper to replace though in the case of a $6 stem it's irrelevant.

https://images.immediate.co.uk/produ...size=500%2C375

Fair point. Maybe I doth protesteth too mucheth. At least on that Oval stem the diameter is small so there's room to get a tool in.

Oddly enough, I was cruising the RS archives across the hall this week and saw that same pic, guffawed, and moved on.

fiamme red 12-03-2020 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
25th anniversary Dura-Ace group in case, complete with watch: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Dur.../154220777099/.

cnighbor1 12-03-2020 05:29 PM

Serotta Legend Titanium bike, Dura Ace Build - $2,000 Swedesboro)
 
1 Attachment(s)
(For the Swedes in our group)
Serotta Legend Titanium bike, Dura Ace Build - $2,000 Swedesboro

https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/b...240463641.html

Serotta Legend, 56cm titanium bike with Dura Ace 7800 build. Great condition, few scratches here and there but overall great condition. Has not been ridden since photos were taken. Moots titanium seatpost, Deda stem, Serotta bars (first pair I've ever seen!). If you like high end titanium bikes that were made in America, this may fit the bill. Similar to Moots, Seven Cycles, Airborne, Merlin, Litespeed, Vanilla Cycles, Independent Fabrication and other titanium bikes - this should last a lifetime.

fiamme red 12-03-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnighbor1 (Post 2840051)
(For the Swedes in our group)
Serotta Legend Titanium bike, Dura Ace Build - $2,000 Swedesboro

https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/b...240463641.html

Serotta Legend, 56cm titanium bike with Dura Ace 7800 build. Great condition, few scratches here and there but overall great condition. Has not been ridden since photos were taken. Moots titanium seatpost, Deda stem, Serotta bars (first pair I've ever seen!). If you like high end titanium bikes that were made in America, this may fit the bill. Similar to Moots, Seven Cycles, Airborne, Merlin, Litespeed, Vanilla Cycles, Independent Fabrication and other titanium bikes - this should last a lifetime.

The seller is a forum member who has offered it here: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=2834250.

gbcoupe 12-03-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouDeeter (Post 2839949)
https://vermont.craigslist.org/spo/d...239795346.html

Wojcik, 10 speed DuraAce (7800). Carbon fork. Ksyrium wheels. 54cm, $900.

Like this. Hopefully they kept the original fork.

Mike V 12-03-2020 06:50 PM

I think so

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=253798




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.