The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Custom Carbon (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=42363)

jjb 03-16-2008 05:01 PM

Custom Carbon

While I know that there have been several ride reports regarding a variety of custom carbon bikes (Serotta, Parlee, Crumpton). However, I was curious has anyone had a chance to check out Seven's carbon rides, or know anything about how there put together?

just curious

-jjb

xjoex 03-16-2008 05:25 PM

I have a ti-carbon seven odonata and it rides like a dream. The paint is soft on the ti tubes but otherwise no complaints.

-Joe

Jeff N. 03-16-2008 06:38 PM

I see Axioms everywhere, Elium SG's here and there, but have never even SEEN a V-II or Diamas, oddly enough. Only in pics. I'd be interested to hear how they ride as well. Jeff N.

jjb 03-16-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff N.
I see Axioms everywhere, Elium SG's here and there, but have never even SEEN a V-II or Diamas, oddly enough. Only in pics. I'd be interested to hear how they ride as well. Jeff N.

Yeah, same thing here, that is what prompted my initial post. I can't think of may bikes I have just not seen especially with all the people who ride around here (Boulder/Denver) but the full carbon Sevens are all on the list. I know they have been on there web page for well over a year, so I assume they must be making and selling them.

-jjb

swoop 03-16-2008 07:08 PM

not many.

the elium race is the best bike i've ever humped... but i also like cereal without milk so don't take it from me.

stevep 03-16-2008 07:18 PM

i thk they have a 10 yr wait list for a frame thats been in development for 5 years.

i have no evidence that any have been delivered to customers... or anything else

swoop 03-16-2008 07:28 PM

i think they would have done better to jump on the integrated seatmast bandwagen (as an option) rather than the frankenbike carbon headtube wedge thing debacle.

they have every reason to embrace round tubes and yet they went foppish.
that elium race is the stiffest and most responsive thing i've ever ridden.. i don't know how they could lose their way buy pushing that model.

e-RICHIE 03-16-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swoop
i don't know how they could lose their way by pushing that model.

that's what eliot spitzer's allies said too atmo.

giordana93 03-16-2008 07:34 PM

doesn't guru still do custom carbon? they seem like a class act, (if you gotta go with carbon)

DarrenCT 03-16-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giordana93
doesn't guru still do custom carbon? they seem like a class act, (if you gotta go with carbon)

yes however they are canadian (sorry grant)

swoop 03-16-2008 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cough. (pilfered from their gallery)

DarrenCT 03-16-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

PM sent regarding that haircut

mschol17 03-16-2008 07:55 PM

was that a cough or your gag reflex?

huey 03-16-2008 07:57 PM

Gross!

IMHO. that is one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen. I'm not knocking Seven, I love their bikes and have for a long time, but they missed the boat.

I go to go with swoop on this one about the integrated seatmast thingy.

jjb 03-16-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Yikes! What else can you really say. I'm not crazy about the tube shapes and seat mast but you add the paint on top of that too.

I have see couple of the Guru offerings they seem pretty nice imho. Course I haven't heard how they ride either....