The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone use a massage gun? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=267373)

Superrr 05-28-2021 02:09 AM

I usually use roller foam for my legs, but it is not that comfortable for the back or neck, I prefer a massage gun. It is more effective and better helps me relieve the neck and back soreness.
Massage guns of big brand such as Theragun, or Hypervolt- They cost so much. But fortunately there are some brands with good ratings on Amazon but you need to do some research. I bought one from Urikar at a discounted price. Costed $50. It works great for me. With this one, I stop using roller foam any more. I love deals websites and will check on them to see what is on sale.

Superrr 06-03-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makoti (Post 2908714)
Any thoughts on these? Worth it? I do a lot of stretching, but sometimes I'd love a massage. Can't afford one as much as I'd like. Wil these spot massage enough to make a difference?

You do not need to spend too much on a massage gun. Many massage gun brands will have promotions. You can get one at a discounted prcie, like $60 around.

westennity 11-01-2021 10:16 AM

I can't get enough of it. For a long time, the family has been dreaming about this massager

weisan 11-03-2021 04:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this at Costco the other day.

makoti 11-03-2021 07:39 AM

I ended up getting the one I did, using it a few months, and giving it away to get a Theragun. The Theragun just feels better on my skin, and feels like it does more for the muscles. I saw no real advantage to having 20 different speeds on the older one vs the 4 settings on the Theragun.

tuxbailey 11-03-2021 11:51 AM

I just bought this one from Amazon to try it out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

irideti 11-03-2021 04:07 PM

I've been using Hypervolt by Hyperice since 4 years ago, before the company started sponsoring Kate Courtney and Deceunick Quick-Step. It works great on my calves, thighs, upper back or anywhere needs massage. I discovered the product from my chiropractor who uses it regularly and recommended to me. While I agree many cheaper non-brand guns work just as good, but the durability isn't always the same. I've seen friend's $88 non-brand gun stopped working within a year while my 4yo Hypervolt is still going strong. In fact my chiropractor is still using her Hypervolt bought 5 years ago in the office speaks a lot about the product's durability.

AshtonDavies 03-21-2023 01:27 AM

I've actually been using a massage gun for a while now and I've found it to be much more effective in relieving soreness and tension in those areas.

makoti 03-21-2023 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshtonDavies (Post 3227583)
I've actually been using a massage gun for a while now and I've found it to be much more effective in relieving soreness and tension in those areas.

Which one?

oldpotatoe 03-21-2023 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshtonDavies (Post 3227583)

Ahh, another(spammer?) bit by a zombie thread...:eek:

Keith A 03-21-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpotatoe (Post 3227655)
Ahh, another(spammer?) bit by a zombie thread...:eek:

And they are out of here. Thanks for keeping a watch on things.

kitsnob 03-21-2023 10:33 AM

+1 for THERAGUN .. don't waste your time or $$ on a cheaper, inferior product.
Get the "true original" - very comfortable in the hand(s), great percussion, great quality..

"Invest" in a long lasting piece of kit!
You won't be sorry!

The sting of a cheap product lasts longer than the sweetness of a great price.
Buy once... cry once ..

rogerspam 03-21-2023 10:44 AM

There is always crying if massaging is done right.

I couldn't bite the bullet to pay the premium price for a Theragun and to be fair, have not tried one yet compared to the less expensive one from Costco.

I am an experienced foam roller/ball roller and find that works better for me. Having said that, there are some areas like the tops of shoulders/neck that can be hard to roll so a "gun" type device is helpful.

makoti 03-21-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerspam (Post 3227760)
There is always crying if massaging is done right.

I couldn't bite the bullet to pay the premium price for a Theragun and to be fair, have not tried one yet compared to the less expensive one from Costco.

I am an experienced foam roller/ball roller and find that works better for me. Having said that, there are some areas like the tops of shoulders/neck that can be hard to roll so a "gun" type device is helpful.

Having used both, I can say that I really prefer the Theragun. It does a better job with its 5 settings (maybe) than the "lesser" one did with 21. The pads the TG uses are just more comfortable.

I was giving the 1 post count guy a chance. We all started with that first one.

redir 03-21-2023 05:40 PM

I bought a Teragun last year for Xmas (2 years ago). I think I used it once.

:D