The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who are you (and what do you look like)? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=146445)

davids 12-15-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff N.
I'm gonna have to say Beatles, Stones, CCR. Jeff N.

No, no, no! Please remember, all my esthetic judgements are correct! ;)

More seriously, if you've got any interest in understanding why VU were so great, just buy the box set "Peel Slowly and See". Their four stunning, groundbreaking albums, surrounded by enough rarities and live tracks to make the picture complete.

I'll go home and put on "Cosmo's Factory"...

TAW 12-15-2004 02:01 PM

Who are you?

Name: Terry
Bikes Owned: Serotta CSI, Look KG 361
Fastest Speed: 48 I think on a short steep hill with a curve at the bottom,
was afraid to look for too long

Miles: 3100
Just for fun: I jokingly tell people at church I shave my legs because I'm a
cross-dresser in my spare time.

flydhest 12-15-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAW
Just for fun: I jokingly tell people at church I shave my legs because I'm a
cross-dresser in my spare time.

You don't think that dressing in tight lycra actually qualifies as cross dressing?
:p

admin 12-15-2004 03:23 PM

Serotta_Janelle made me do it...

* real name, if you like Serotta_Alyson
* where do you live? Clifton Park, NY
* explanation of your avatar Hmmm, maybe I should make one...
* age (general or specific) too old
* occupation Baby-sitter
* favorite bike My last bike was a Huffy White Heat. It was white with gray paint splattered all over it with a hot pink water bottle and matching fanny pack. It was amazing.
* what's in your stable? 2000 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? When I was 8, I was going down the hill I used to live on REAL fast. Instead of using the pedal backwards brakes, I started to drag my feet to slow down. VERY good way to twist your ankle! I never went fast on a bike again.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I drive 200 miles a week to work and back, does that count?
* picture of yourself or your ride? Nah.
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I don't mind moderating the forum! :beer:
* and, something fun. I used to live in Italy. I'm not sure why I came back... :banana:

shinomaster 12-15-2004 03:48 PM

are you unhappy Serotta Alyson??

admin 12-15-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinomaster
are you unhappy Serotta Alyson??

Of course not! Its just very cold here and that makes me :argue: :argue: :argue: :butt: :butt: :butt: !!

RichMc 12-15-2004 05:07 PM

Real name -- Rich or "Mac", if you go for the nickname
Where do you live --- Kailua, on the island of Oahu, Hawaii
Explanation of your handle -- last name starts with Mc
Age -- 53, but no one believes that when I sign up for the Golden Masters division
Occupation -- manage an independent Mercedes repair shop
Favorite bike -- Seven Ti Axiom, but I lust after many others (Parlee, Serotta, Colnago)
What's in your stable -- 2004 Ti Axiom, 2003 Douglas Fusion -- working toward a Serotta CDA
Fastest speed on a road bike -- 48 mph downhill from Makapuu Point with a 25 mph crosswind -- I was so busy with the gusts and traffic that I had to look afterward at the top speed registered.
How many miles on the road? -- I'll hit just about 4,000 this year.
Make up and answer at least one additional question --- Does it take lots of guts to fly hang gliders? No, it just takes a lot of faith in yourself.
The biggest lie you've ever told -- "I'm not crazy, just dumb"
Something fun -- besides having a few brews with the buds after a good ride, it could be cross country windsurfing from Koko Head Portlock to Diamond Head with the gang, hanging out in the pack together in the deep ocean swells on a rest break, watching the flying fish and the Island go by. That and a couple of memorable cross country hang gliding flights. :banana: :banana:

Marron 12-15-2004 07:17 PM

where do you live? North Seattle, on the east side of one of the ubiqutous drumlins that make east/west travel such a pain here.
* explanation of your handle:Maiden name of Irish born paternal grandma and given name of WWII war hero uncle.
* explanation of your avatar: I guess I should get one too.
* age (general or specific) 53, age at which my father had a fatal coronary.
* favorite bike: Any Merckx
* what's in your stable? Merckx MX-Leader, TI-AX, Corsa Extra and Gunnar Roadie.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 53+ on Davidison Tandem on Whidby Island with wife wailing away the whole time, 1990??
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not sure, but I commute 35 miles roundtrip 3-4 days a week and ride lots on weekends.
* picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any around at the moment, but I did get my picture in Bicycle Guide when I won a Torelli back in '92. I was in a foot of snow with my Bstone MB-1. One of the ones I regret selling.
* make up and answer at least one additional question. My first "real" bike was a Falcon San Remo purchased back in '70 for the unbelievable price of $210.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I stuck with my Powertap's report that I averaged 310 watts for 90 minutes climbing up to Paradise.
* and, something fun. I plan to fix the MX-Leader this weekend. Doesn't everybody need a sunny Sunday fixie?

wwtsui 12-16-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serotta_Alyson
* occupation Baby-sitter
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I don't mind moderating the forum! :beer:

Hmmm -- are you saying we're poorly behaved babies?? ;)

Jollymon 12-16-2004 03:28 PM

My Serotta saved my life

* real name, if you like: Trent
* where do you live? North Georgia
* explanation of your handle: I am a huge Jimmy Buffett fan
* explanation of your avatar: No tengo...I tried to figure it out once, but it was taking too long.
* age (general or specific) 32
* occupation: Editor (project manager is a more accurate description) for the second largest College Textbook Publisher.
* favorite bike Schwinn Traveler...my first road bike.
* what's in your stable? I have four kids...I only get one bike...a '93 Serotta Concours
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55, Swan Mountain Road, Dillon Valley, CO area...1991
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? @1000 on the road...many predawn hours on the trainer...8 so far this week (it's Thurs.)
* picture of yourself or your ride?
* What has Serotta done for you lately: I hung up the racing jersey when I got married. 8 years past and I started digging my grave with my teeth. When I was fit for my bike, I had a size 40 waist. I went into the store the other day, and bought size 34 pants. I have stopped snoring like a bear, can see veins in my arms that I haven't seen for years, and have conquered my issue with mind over mattress. Though I am only about halfway to where I was before the downhill slide, I feel much better about all aspects of my life. None of this would have been possible without my Serotta.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told. I blamed a bent fender on my sister. A lie that I am going to have to take to my grave...regretably.
* and, something fun: My wife and I love taking pictures, but we are terrible at having them developed. The other day, I took 58 rolls of film to have developed and put on disks. I have spent the last two days reminiscing great times that have faded from memory.

Jollymon 12-16-2004 03:32 PM

* what's in your stable? I have four kids...I only get one bike...a '93 Serotta Concours

Check that...2003 Concours

Keith A 12-16-2004 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jollymon
8 years past and I started digging my grave with my teeth. When I was fit for my bike, I had a size 40 waist. I went into the store the other day, and bought size 34 pants.

Simply outstanding! :banana:

Len J 12-16-2004 04:18 PM

Here, Here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith A
Simply outstanding! :banana:

Great job....keep it up, if not for you than those in your stable He he.

Len

OldDog 12-17-2004 01:35 PM

Keep those bios coming...

1713 members and only 94 posts, not all of them bios.

Let's keep this rolling kids. :beer:

wwtsui 12-17-2004 08:55 PM

* real name, if you like: Walter
* where do you live? Boston suburbs
* explanation of your handle: uh, well, it didn't cross my mind to get creative when I signed up... (the second "w" is my middle initial)
* explanation of your avatar: will get around to it one of these days...
* age (general or specific): working up to the big 4-0 in '05. Maybe I'll buy myself a really nice 2-wheeled present...
* occupation: financial services marketing/product development (sounds glamorous, don't it? NOT!!)
* favorite bike: the 1970s dark blue Peugeot 10 speed I bought in middle school after delivering papers all summer long
* what's in your stable? '01 Lemond Zurich, (used) '03 Seven Axiom that's getting built up, early '90s Trek hybrid that's being converted to a drop bar winter bike, '04 Co-motion Cappuccino softride tandem (trying to get the spouse hooked on this -- though I'd settle for enjoying a ride now and then). I tried getting her a single, but that didn't work out. Anyone interested in a 51 cm Lemond Alpe d'Huez frame that's been ridden exactly twice?
* picture of yourself or your ride? working on it...
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Bombing down some hill in New Hampshire in my college days on a early '80s Motobecane. No computer, hence no idea what the actual speed was. No helmets (not to mention no fear) in those days...
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? not nearly as much as I'd like, not nearly enough to justify a new, custom Legend Ti...
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a bike!
* and, something fun -- just saw this today, and for some reason, I really like this quote: "all music is folk music -- I ain't never heard no horse sing a song" - Louis Armstrong

T-Crush 12-17-2004 11:45 PM

More bio's from the 'coast...

* real name, if you like - Tim
* where do you live? - The Eastern Edge of L.A. County
* explanation of your handle - Name compression
* explanation of your avatar - I need to get me one of those...
* age (general or specific) - 44 last month
* occupation - Managing Director, valuation firm
* favorite bike - That's not a fair question... Pegoretti Marcelo, no wait...
* what's in your stable? - This could take a while. Peg Marcelo, Colnago Dream+, Serotta Legend, Cannondale XS800, Carrera Zeus Team, and two of Frankie Andreu's Calois (Litespeed from the Olympics and SLX from Paris-Roubaix complete with RS fork), Santana Enduro tandem, and then there's the MTB's...did my wife put you up to this?
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 48 on a 10 year old glued Vitus with full Campy SR including speed attenuators, downhill in La Verne, CA. I've gone faster since, but it never felt any faster than that!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - Not nearly enough, around 2k
* picture of yourself or your ride? - You don't really want that do you?
* make up and answer at least one additional question. - My friends consistently ask what's in my garage this week? (see above "stable")
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - "Really honey, that 1994 GT RTS is the ONLY bike I will ever need..." (August 1994, the year I started riding again).
* and, something fun - Trail riding with my kids on the tandem, The Hotter 'n' Hell, any ride with friends.

WickedWheels 12-18-2004 12:43 AM

* where do you live?: Outside of Boston
* explanation of your handle: a sentimental attachment to a wheel-building business I ran while in college. Soon to be a mobile bike repair business.
* explanation of your avatar: I'll leave this one alone
* age (general or specific): 26 (am I the youngest here?)
* occupation: Fit technician (serotta-certified) and sales guy at a bike shop
* favorite bike: all of them, but very partial to anything with a LeMond "Z" on it
* what's in your stable: Currently it's a '91 LeMond "Z" steel and a Nishiki beater. Expecting a baby Fisher Cake this spring. Hoping for a Coeur D'Acier (see pictures section)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55mph down the backside of Shutesbury in Western MA... with my chest on seat and one hand off the bars--REALLY!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 35,000
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: the one about my mileage. I wish I had a quarter of that! (there are more, but if my ex-girlfriend ever finds out the phone calls will start up again)
* and, something fun: selling bikes all day long! The pay sucks, but it's always entertaining. Soooooooo many good stories and interesting customers! It has kept me doing it for almost 10 years.

Lanny R. Levenson 12-18-2004 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name - Lanny
* where do you live? - Richmond, VA
* explanation of your handle - too concrete at times
* explanation of your avatar - working on downsizing picture
* age (general or specific) - 53 but never trust anyone over 30
* occupation - general dentist
* favorite bike - Serotta Ti Legend 99 vintage
* what's in your stable? - Legend and Merckx AX
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 49 on Blue Ridge Parkway decending Ravens Roost to Humback Rocks Visitation Center in mid 90's
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 5500
* picture of yourself or your ride? I'm the fat guy with the beard (May 99)
* make up and answer at least one additional question- why can't you sing a song while riding? I have chronic lyricosis.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told- dropped the guy on my right.
* and, something fun - survived Mt. Ventoux and descended Alpe d'Huez on the back roads while passing cars on the switchbacks.

cycler48 12-19-2004 06:28 PM

Real name ... Mark Allen (no, not the famous triathlete)

I live in San Bernardino, California (originally from Tonawanda, NY)

Handle ... cycler48 ... I was born in 1948 and I ride bikes

Age ... 56 going on 16

Occupation ... radiologic technologist X 25 years (also teach)

Favorite bike ... 2001 Serotta Concours (of course then there was the 1981 Honda CB 900 Super Sport)

Stable ... 2001 Serotta Concours, 1999 Litespeed Classic, early 90's Trek 2500, 1987 Trek 1500, 1983 Trek 620

Fastest speed ... 55 to 60 mph during 1999 San Luis Rey road race

Road miles last year ... way too few

Picture of yourself or your ride? ... naked and painted the same Azure blue as my bike (wearing a helmet, of course).

Lenton58 12-24-2008 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name, if you like: Lorne
* where do you live? Sendai, Japan, Northern Honshu
* explanation of your handle: My first bike and the year I got it
* explanation of your avatar: not yet
* favorite bike: Not yet built but I like my Vitus
* what's in your stable: Vitus in 979; modded Trek 930; Miyata roadster (stored in Canada), Trek 560 in Reynolds 501 (not yet built).
* fastest speed on a road bike?: Probably nothing as fast as most of you dudes and dudettes
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I'm just getting back into bikes
* picture of yourself or your ride? OK
* make up and answer at least one additional question: Should I save some money and put Shimano 105 on my Trek 560?
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - Hon, if I'm going to keep up daily excercise runs, I NEED another bike! (Maybe it's not a lie?)
* and, something fun: Riding in a Japanese city at night — fast.

link 12-24-2008 12:00 PM

* real name, if you like Nick
* where do you live? Silverthorne, CO ...close to the moon
* explanation of your handle Link of a chain and linking turns in the snow
* explanation of your avatar Just a picture
* age (general or specific) 46
* occupation part owner of a production company and realtor and IT consultant
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott ST
* what's in your stable? Ottrott ST, Seven Sola 650B
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60ish, coming down from Fremont Pass towards Copper Mountain
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2K

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/IMG_0922.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/IMG_1142.jpg

gman 12-30-2008 09:14 PM

* real name - Greg
* where do you live? - Grapevine, TX (Suburbs of DFW)
* explanation of your handle - an old friend took to calling all his friends xman, where x is the letter of one's first name. My wife simply calls me "G" now.
* explanation of your avatar - void, like my brain
* age (general or specific) - 45 (last week)
* occupation - Global IT Infrastructure Manager, Lehigh-Hanson/HeidelbergCement Group
* favorite bike - Their all my favorites, that's why I have them
* what's in your stable? - Serotta Colorado AL, Serotta HSG Ti (new as of this week and YET UNRIDDEN), Specialized Langster fixie, Lemond L'Alpe Duez, Guerciotti Road, Guerciotti Track, Mongoose Omega (to be built), Cannondale M700, Cannondale T3000.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - somewhere in the mid-50s, Tour of Illinois RR in 1990. Somebody up front put the hammer down whilst screaming down a steep hill into the river valley
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - only about 1500 last year, which is about 4,500 shy of the previous two years. Two job relocations in the last year...fun stuff
* picture of yourself or your ride? - nah, nobody wants to see that...
* make up and answer at least one additional question - How many cyclists does it take to piss off the average disgruntled motorist? (I think we all know the answer to this already).
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - I like my job.
* and, something fun - my 4-year-old daughter...all the fun I could ever have asked for.

troymac 01-24-2009 03:13 AM

* real name, Troy
* where do you live? Northern California sacramento
* explanation of your handle My name
* explanation of your avatar
* age (general or specific) 43
* occupation feeder driver (UPS big rig)
* favorite bike the one im on going down a hill
* what's in your stable? Tarmac scwhinn japenese made
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 48 last year
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2500 +

* picture of yourself or your ride? will post later
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Enjoy descending makes going up hills worth while.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I didnt let that tractor tire roll down that hill and strike the rear of the mobile home
* and, something fun. Having a fly rod in my hand in some western river

troymac 01-24-2009 03:14 AM

* real name, Troy

* make up and answer at least one additional question. Enjoy descending makes going up hills worth while.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I didnt let that tractor tire roll down that hill and strike the rear of the mobile home

troymac 01-24-2009 03:47 AM

* real name, Troy

john903 01-29-2009 08:36 PM

where do you live: Bellingham,WA
Explanation of your handle: Iam retired military my job was a diesel mechanic and one of the engines is a Cummins 903.
occupation: The best job in the world, School Bus Driver,lots of time off.
favorite bike: My Match built Hampsten the bike just disapears under you.
what is in your stable: Hampsten, Waterford RS12 753 from 1998 now a fix gear, 29er single speed steel mountain bike.
fastest speed on a road bike: 59mph comming down saddle road which seperates Mona Kea and Mona Loa on the Big Island.
How many miles on road bike last year: 2000 I think, maybe, I took my computer off a couple years ago and haven't really worried about since.
make up and answer a question: Do I prefere up hills or down hills? It is strange but as I get older I find I enjoy going up hill more than flying down hill with reckless abandon.
biggest lie: that wasen't to tough of a climb
something fun: Actually this may sound odd , but my job, it really is fun driving kids around on a school bus it keeps one young at heart and not have to take life so seriously.

ti_boi 02-03-2009 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name, Matt
* where do you live? Northern New Jersey
* explanation of your handle Reference to the Ti Legend...and the 'Boi' is a youthful indulgence
* explanation of your avatar My All Time Favorite Movie.
* age (general or specific) Forty Three
* occupation Art Teacher.....Former Corporate Sales Dude
* favorite bike Of Course...the Legend Ti....
* what's in your stable? An Old Rudge Sport....Minty. A Gary Fisher Sugar...Sweet. And a Legend Ti Serotta....;8)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? About 40....Downhill....My neighborhood
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not enough.

* picture of yourself or your ride? See Below
* make up and answer at least one additional question.Why do you ride? It really clears my head and lungs.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told Pleading the fifth there. No need to 'overshare'
* and, something fun.I have a longboarding hobby....on concrete...or water....or snow. :cool:

runtimmyc 02-04-2009 10:11 AM

* real name, if you like: Tim
* where do you live?: Southwest Virginia
* explanation of your handle: I used to run a lot, but now I just bike
* explanation of your avatar: I go to Virginia Tech and it's the old hokie bird
* age (general or specific): 25
* favorite bike: Cannondale Cyclocross bike with Sram
* what's in your stable?: Salsa Campeon, Cannondale CXTJ, Leader Time Trial bike
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: don't know, probably down Mountain Lake
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?: don't know, about 550 hours worth
* picture of yourself or your ride?: Going up and back down Mountain Lake
* make up and answer at least one additional question: One of my goals in 2009 is to upgrade to Cat 1 on the road, it'll be tough but I think I've got the engine for it if I keep training consistently.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told a girl I was an astronaut.
* and, something fun: I really like Nutella and pretzel rods together.

EastCoastRoadie 02-07-2009 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
* real name, if you like: Greg
* where do you live?: Southeastern PA
* explanation of your handle: Road rider on the east coast (although now cx and mtb as well)
* explanation of your avatar: none yet
* age (general or specific): 38
* favorite bike: Moots Psychlo-X
* what's in your stable?: Moots Compact, Moots Psychlo-X, Moots Mooto-X YBB
* fastest speed on a road bike? 50+ down the main road in Stowe, VT
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?: 4,000+
* picture of yourself or your ride?: See below
* make up and answer at least one additional question: Why do I like to ride? It is 3-4 hours of freedom from the rest of the world, and I get to pick where I go and at what pace!
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: No really, I will still respect you tomorrow...
* and, something fun: Before becoming a cyclist I was an avid golf club builder

BigDaddySmooth 02-09-2009 09:17 AM

real name, if you like Wayne
* where do you live? southern MD, some hills, lots of wind
* explanation of your handle: I remember a character in a movie called "Cool Breeze" so I made up my own.
* explanation of your avatar: none
* age (general or specific): 47
* favorite bike: Yamaguchi sloping S3
* what's in your stable? Yama, Della Santa and Calfee Luna Tri
* fastest speed on a road bike? 40ish going down Little Cottonwood Canyon in UT
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? not enough (1-2K)
* biggest lie: "this is my last frame, promise"
* something fun: watching my kid grow up

EastCoastRoadie 02-14-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddySmooth

BigDaddySmooth,
Thank you for serving our country! Without people like you, we would not be the country that we are.

Crazy Chris 02-15-2009 01:33 PM

Name: Chris. The Crazy part came from scout camp near Copake, NY way back in the last century.

Avatar: Don't anymore since I quit smoking. Actually, I consider my computer skills to be a joke.

Reside: In Outer Durango, CO, for the last 34 years, long before it received the Bicycle Friendly City designation.

Age: 71. I had a heart "episode" in 1997 with angioplasty and stents installed. As a vegetarian who exercised and hadn't smoked in years I received no lectures on changing life style.

Occupation: Retired technical publications writer for the Federal Government. Before that, a graduate student and former college instructor who tired of Freshman English and tiresome colleagues.

Bicycles: A 1991 Merckx Team Forum, now painted Molteni orange. A Bridgestone MBZip converted to a road bike because I continued crashing on the mountain bike version. A 2000 Serotta Hors Categorie, my primary bike because I don't want to wear out the Merckx.

Favorite Rides: Anywhere from my house. What goes up must come down. What goes down must come up.

Fastest Ride: Down Hesperus Hill west of Durango with a tailwind--55 mph. Could have been faster, but I was afraid to look.

Mileage: Last year, 5800. A few years ago I had over 8000 miles 3 years' running. Became too much of a chore.

Cross Training: I keep meaning to take up running/race (?) walking, but don't seem to care. Used to run and even ran seven marathons, including Boston in 1974, but too many people I know have had replacement surgery, so....

I do enjoy the forum. Please keep informing me.

profkrispy 02-15-2009 02:53 PM

* real name, if you like: Spencer
* where do you live? Ventura, CA
* explanation of your handle: I was teaching a Tech. Lit. class years ago, showing students how to set up an e-mail account and the name stuck.
* explanation of your avatar: N/A
* age (general or specific) 44
* favorite bike: Look 585
* what's in your stable? LOOK 585, Merckx MX Leader x 2, Merckx Corsa Extra
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? High 30's to low 40's.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 4500-5000
* picture of yourself or your ride? Need some new pictures
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told?
* and, something fun. .

bdavis999 04-06-2009 08:59 AM

time to quit lurking...

5 Attachment(s)
* real name (if you like)? Braden

* where do you live? currently in NYC (originally from Kansas, lived in Saratoga Springs for a bit, Chicago and SF, and most recently Geneva, Switzerland)

* explanation of your handle? my email address (I'm so lame)

* explanation of your avatar? none (somehow, I'm too lazy to get one)

* age (general or specific)? later-mid thirties

* occupation? Corporate Strategy (used to be a consultant)

* favorite bike? probably the Serotta 20th Anniversary CRL -- love clean, but sculpted lugs (all the bikes at the NAHBS have become so gorgeous in the last years, though)

* what's in your stable? NOS Serotta 20th Anniversary #7, Serotta Attack, Look 595, WTB Titanium Phoenix, Steve Potts Cross Country Racer, Retrotec custom road, Klein attitude rigid, Fat Chance Fat Ti (1994), Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Fat chance Wicked Lite, Ted Wojcik Yo Teddy (disc), IF Deluxe, IF Crown Jewel, Ibis Mojo (steel), Sycip Unleaded, Funk Comp Pro, Calfee Bamboo 29-er, Johnny Cycles fixie, Canondale Taurine, Bridgestone XO-2, Bridgestone XO-3, and a Dahon Cadenza (a decent, inexpenve full-size folding bike). Everything gets ridden, but haven't built the Serotta yet - may have to go on the wall

* what's missing? Rivendell All-Rounder (753), Chris Chance Road, Ibis Ti Mojo, Serotta T-Max/ATX... and oh yeah... (don't hesitate to drop me a line in case you've got one of these for sale...)

* past bikes? Serotta CRL, Steelman CycloCross, Ti-Fat (sold in a very weak moment :crap: ), Merlin Extralite, John Hollands custom XO-1/Allrounder, BMC AlpenChallenge-02, Trek 7000, Schwinn Predator, Schwinn Mag Scrambler, bananna bike, and an awsome little red Schwinn 16" wheel non-pneumatic cantilever-frame style bike on which I taught all my friends to ride... oh the memories

* fastest speed on a road bike? 60ish going down from the Krimmler Waterfalls in Austria on a fully loaded XO-2 I think - I coasted for about 45 minutes -- did 54 off-road once -- thought I was going to die, and then this guy passed me -- made me feel loads better

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? you mean out of town trave? maybe 4-5 days per week -- oh, you mean on the bike, right er, uh... maybe 1k (perhaps I'm more of a collector than a cyclist???)

* picture of yourself or your ride? here are a few...

* biggest lie? "if I could just find this one part/frame/bike... I'd finally be able to ride..."

* something fun? Monty Python Cow Catapult Deluxe Set -- far fewer stranger toys may exist than this...

chakatrain 04-06-2009 10:40 AM

* real name, if you like: Eric
* where do you live?: San Francisco, CA
* explanation of your handle: Combination of a nickname "Chaka" from "Chaka the Monkey Boy" from Land of the Lost o of Road and "train" from the fact that I like to get on the front of a paceline and pull everyone along
* explanation of your avatar: puts a smile on my face
* age (general or specific): 42
* favorite bike: Look 585
* what's in your stable?: Look 585, '96 Serrota CSI, '05 Gunnar Crosshairs, currently unbuilt '05 Serrota CIII custom frame, Specialized Epic mtn bike.
* Fastest speed on a road bike? Not sure...probably about 50mph
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?: ~3,000
* picture of yourself or your ride?: pics never load right for me :/
* make up and answer at least one additional question: * What type of riding do I like?: road bike on rolling terrain and hills/mountains. Golden Gate Bridge > Muir Beach > Stinson Beach > up Panoramic Hwy > screaming back down to Mill Valley = heaven
* and, something fun: have wasted countless fun hours on games like World of Warcraft

echelon_john 04-09-2009 12:32 PM

* where do you live? Southwestern Vermont. Uphill, with a headwind.
* explanation of your handle: Echelons are bikes. I make 'em.
* explanation of your avatar: Minimalist
* age (general or specific) thirty nine
* occupation: Full time marketing consultant/writer, part-time framebuilder
* favorite bike: good parents don't play favorites
* what's in your stable? Echelon road, Echelon cross, IF Deluxe, Woodrup fixie, Mercian touring
* fastest speed on a road bike? hmmm. Probably 60mph, on the kancamagus, many years ago.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Embarrasingly few.
* which is your most attractive quality, looks or humility? Ummm....
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? We can't see each other any more--I'm moving. (ran into her a month later...lesson learned.)
* and, something fun. Riding the trans-labrador highway on motorcycles last fall...enough gravel road to last a lifetime!

MattTuck 04-11-2009 11:09 PM

* real name, if you like Matt
* where do you live? Hanover, NH
* explanation of your handle Got my MBA from Tuck School of Business
* explanation of your avatar N/A
* age (general or specific) 30
* occupation Currently: Research Fellow, Will be looking for work starting in July
* favorite bike I want an Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Lemond Zurich, Specialized Stump Jumper
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? ~50 mph,
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2,500
* picture of yourself or your ride? I'll see what I can find.
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What is going to add 3 grams to my riding weight in June? My new wedding ring.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told Can't think of one at the moment, too damn honest.
* and, something fun. Hopefully my wedding gift from my new bride will have Serotta written all over it.

Matt

JohnHemlock 04-11-2009 11:21 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hlrAC_92oB...400/2790912865

* real name, if you like KR
* where do you live? Colorado / France
* explanation of your handle Old Clint Eastwood movie
* explanation of your avatar N/A
* age (general or specific) 40
* occupation Currently: Sales
* favorite bike I want something interesting
* fastest speed on a road bike? 50 mph, Independence Pass
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1500
* picture of yourself or your ride? see above, or perhaps below. . .

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hlrAC_92oB...VY/s400/53.jpg

Fwish21 04-12-2009 07:44 PM

* where do you live? West Seneca, NY (Just outside Buffalo, NY)
* explanation of your handle: Years ago I wanted to start building my own frames and was going to call them Fwish Frames. Kinda Crazy! Never did it.
* explanation of your avatar: Tubing set in my Serotta Tri
* favorite bike: Always been a Serotta Colorado or Masi 3V
* what's in your stable? Bianchi Veloce; Santana Arriva Tandem, Serotta Colorado Tri, Stowe Tri and a GT Single Speed Mountain Bike.
* fastest speed on a road bike? 46 while doing a century ride in Pendleton, NY
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1,000
* picture of yourself or your ride? Will do.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: Told my wife I was a professional race car driver for Steve Millen when in reality I was autocrossing my Alfa Romeo Spider.
* and, something fun: The first trip my father and I took together in our Alfa Romeo to Limerock, CT for an Alfa Romeo Convention. We truly bonded that week.

Don 04-13-2009 07:05 PM

Rich, I, too, was at the Alfa Romeo Nationals at Limerock with my son! Came in from Illinois to attend the fun. My son learned to love Alfas from his dad and raced vintage Alfas in Illinois and Michigan. Cars included a '74 GTV coupe, a '68 Auto Delta tuned spyder, an '82 GTV 6 cyl. coupe. He continues to race in Illinois to this day and still owns a '72 GTV "track only' coupe as well as a Rover powered Lotus.

Your note really brought back fond memories.

Don