The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT: What on Earth is going on with my eBay iphone auction?!? (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=119075)

Aaron O 11-12-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Rings6Stars (Post 1240527)
Second chance offers or going to run the auction again?

I'm going to try "2nd chance, but IME they rarely work.

Charles M 11-13-2012 07:32 AM

A common scam is for a bidder to open a couple of accounts and have one low bid and then come in with a very high bid. They back out last minute and all of their bidds vanish and they get it for their low bid.

Not the case here where a bidder backs out after the sale goes through. I would email the other 2 and see if they want it.

Aaron O 11-13-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles M (Post 1240627)
A common scam is for a bidder to open a couple of accounts and have one low bid and then come in with a very high bid. They back out last minute and all of their bidds vanish and they get it for their low bid.

Not the case here where a bidder backs out after the sale goes through. I would email the other 2 and see if they want it.

I'm trying that now, but I've found it rarely works. Not sure what the psychology is, but once the auction is over, the other bidders move on.

ultraman6970 11-13-2012 07:36 AM

How in the world you can back out a bid? how is done? never seen a way to do that in a matter of fact the couple of times i had regrets sent like 5 bucks to the seller to wasting his time...

Aaron O 11-13-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultraman6970 (Post 1240630)
How in the world you can back out a bid? how is done? never seen a way to do that in a matter of fact the couple of times i had regrets sent like 5 bucks to the seller to wasting his time...

Which is what he should have done, but didn't offer to do. It's just not worth getting too upset about...life is annoying at times and hell is other people.

tuscanyswe 11-13-2012 08:05 AM

A used iphone 4 go for around 3000 sek here in good condition. Thats abit more than 400 usd. I wouldent pay that for electronics that you cant inspect and will ship overseas but the dollar amount dont seem so strange if it was sold here.

edit: oh 700+ that just seems weird!!

Don49 11-13-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultraman6970 (Post 1240630)
How in the world you can back out a bid? how is done? never seen a way to do that ...

It's called Bid Retraction: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

tuxbailey 11-13-2012 01:11 PM

Why don't you sell it via local Craigslist?

I sold my wife's 2010 unlocked iPhone 4 for $280 with zero fuss. So it was a $10 upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I met the buyer at a Starbucks. He brought cash and it couldn't have been easier. I suspect he will just turn around and sell it to other country.

Your phone will be clean once do a factory restore (which you need to do to unlock from your carrier anyway.)

If you want less work nor risk then you can take it to your local Gamestop. But they will pay about $130 for it.

Aaron O 11-13-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuxbailey (Post 1240804)
Why don't you sell it via local Craigslist?

I sold my wife's 2010 unlocked iPhone 4 for $280 with zero fuss. So it was a $10 upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I met the buyer at a Starbucks. He brought cash and it couldn't have been easier. I suspect he will just turn around and sell it to other country.

Your phone will be clean once do a factory restore (which you need to do to unlock from your carrier anyway.)

If you want less work nor risk then you can take it to your local Gamestop. But they will pay about $130 for it.

It seems like its real value is around $500ish...and I think I'll go for the green.

echelon_john 11-13-2012 01:34 PM

I'm currently unlocking 2 16GB iPhone 4 phones (not 4S) to sell since my wife and I both upgraded to the 5 this week. In all the completed items searching I've done, it appears the average is about $250; you see some go for $300, you see some go for $200. So I think that, offering worldwide shipping, you'll see the higher end of that range, maybe just over.