The Paceline Forum

The Paceline Forum (https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cycling Accident: Update (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=302484)

Web1111a 12-21-2023 11:45 AM

Have a speedy recovery

Red Tornado 12-21-2023 01:01 PM

Glad to know progress is being made. It could be a slow recovery, but as long as things keep moving in the right direction you will get there, my friend.

November Dave 12-21-2023 01:33 PM

So sorry to hear about this. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

gt88 12-21-2023 02:45 PM

Best wishes for continued recovery. Be well, all.

makoti 12-21-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmudshark (Post 3330274)

So is this the official Paceline donation path? I'd like to give with the rest of the group so he knows it's us, but if nothing is happening I'll drop some money in this.
And it looks much more than $640 short of the goal as of 12/21 at 5pm EST

zmudshark 12-21-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makoti (Post 3330657)
So is this the official Paceline donation path? I'd like to give with the rest of the group so he knows it's us, but if nothing is happening I'll drop some money in this.
And it looks much more than $640 short of the goal as of 12/21 at 5pm EST

They have raised the goal because of complications, from what I can see.

If everyone who has used this wonderful forum over the years, as I have, could spare $100 I'm sure it would mean a lot. I joined 15 years ago. I try to donate to the forum when I can. This is different.

I figure $100 to Keith's family in a time of need comes out to pennies a day.

I drooped my $$ as an anon. I'll drop more, if needed.

This should be a sticky until Keith is in the clear.

p nut 12-21-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makoti (Post 3330657)

I think most (?) are using the gofundme link.

But I donated via the forum Donate link at the top of the page. Simple and easy.

zmudshark 12-21-2023 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p nut (Post 3330706)
I think most (?) are using the gofundme link.

But I donated via the forum Donate link at the top of the page. Simple and easy.

I did both. The forum donation goes to keep the lights on here, the GoFundMe keeps Keith & family secure, from my understanding.

Maybe a mod could chime in?

I'm going to keep bumping this to the top, because even though I don't know Keith personally, I know this place and have an idea of what he's done to make it my favorite spot on the web.

AngryScientist 12-21-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmudshark (Post 3330716)

Maybe a mod could chime in?

Here is what I know:

I am respecting Keith's family right now, and have not tried to contact them or him directly. I am appreciative of whoever is presenting the updates here. We are not in any emergency here and I know they are going through a lot over there.

I do know that the "donate" button on top of the forum is a PP account that Keith owns and uses to pay the forum expenses.

I do not know the state of Keith's capabilities at this point, and as far as I know he is the only one who has access to that acct. I am very hopeful that he will be back here before we need to take any actions WRT payments to whoever.

I think if people want to donate help Keith and his family right now, the GFM is probably the best place to do that.

I'm confidant Keith will be back here ASAP to fill us all in on his speedy recovery.

p nut 12-21-2023 06:33 PM

Thanks for the insight. I am hoping since Keith’s family has access to his handle here that they may also have access to his other accounts, including PayPal. I’m not too fond of GFM for personal reasons so I’ll continue to use the Donate link.

2000m2 12-22-2023 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmudshark (Post 3330274)

Funds sent via GoFundMe link and Donate button at the top here.
Tough reading about these accidents.
Hoping for a speedy and full recovery 🙏

C40_guy 12-22-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 3330723)
Here is what I know:

I'm confidant Keith will be back here ASAP to fill us all in on his speedy recovery.

Thanks Angry! We are all praying for that last statement to happen soon!

EliteVelo 12-22-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryScientist (Post 3330723)
Here is what I know:

I am respecting Keith's family right now, and have not tried to contact them or him directly. I am appreciative of whoever is presenting the updates here. We are not in any emergency here and I know they are going through a lot over there.

I do know that the "donate" button on top of the forum is a PP account that Keith owns and uses to pay the forum expenses.

I do not know the state of Keith's capabilities at this point, and as far as I know he is the only one who has access to that acct. I am very hopeful that he will be back here before we need to take any actions WRT payments to whoever.

I think if people want to donate help Keith and his family right now, the GFM is probably the best place to do that.

Thank you Angry, and my thoughts as well.

As a friend of Keith, I'm leaving it alone as well, as it must be difficult.

In my opinion, use the GFM to help him and his family. While donating to the forum is a great thing to keep Paceline alive, we should keep it separate in an effort to maintain compliance.

Knowing Keith, he won't take funds from Paceline contributions to fuel his personal needs, along with the fact it will cause more issues and is unethical. Use the GFM!

sailorboy 12-22-2023 03:11 PM

Just catching up with this awful turn of events now, though happy to hear that progress is being made with his recovery. Forza Keith!

redir 12-22-2023 03:28 PM

Oh geesh! I am just catching up to this too. Hang in their Keith and get well sooner than soon.