PDA

View Full Version : ot: ipads are for nuts? help please.

Mr. Squirrel
11-22-2011, 06:48 AM
dear friends,
i recently found a brand new ipad that was left by one of my cycling friends. it has been very useful and entertaining. streaming movies on netflix while enjoying fresh nuts is very satisfying. it is a giant big screen tv for my hallow in the tree. there is one problem i have encountered and i hope some of my forum ipad friends can help. how do you attach documents when using the email function? i have spread sheets covering my inventory of nuts and wheels and word style documents with nut recipes and wheels gathering strategies my cousins and i like to share. when looking through mr. socalsteve's window when he uses his imac i can clearly see that there is a paper clip icon that you use to attach documents to an email. i do not see this on my ipad. is there an app i need to download to make this work? this is the only frustrating thing i have found about my new ipad.

regards,
mr. squirrel

jlwdm
11-22-2011, 06:51 AM
I send a lot of documents from Good Reader (PDFs). In that program you start with the document and then select to email it.

Jeff

Mr. Squirrel
11-22-2011, 06:59 AM
I send a lot of documents from Good Reader (PDFs). In that program you start with the document and then select to email it.

Jeff

dear mr jlwdm,

thank you! i am a good reader so this may work for me. does this mean that if i open a document sent to me in an email i will have to start a new email from within the document to resend? i may need to try this. will you trade five fresh acorns for your credit card number?

mr. squirrel

benb
11-22-2011, 09:28 AM
This should work for any app that has a "share" feature.

Open the document in whatever app can view that type of file.

Look for a "share" button. This usually looks like a square with a curved arrow pointing out of it.

Click that and select email.. if the email app will allow you to attach that file it should pull up an email with the file attached.

Nuts cannot be attached to email. Sorry.

FlashUNC
11-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Completely off topic, I nearly killed one of your peers on my drive home last night. Somehow he managed to run under the car, but between the front and rear wheels across the street, escaping harm.

I'm guessing he has a big pair of nuts...that he needed to store for the winter, hence his urgency.

Kirk Pacenti
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Completely off topic, I nearly killed one of your peers on my drive home last night. Somehow he managed to run under the car, but between the front and rear wheels across the street, escaping harm.

I'm guessing he has a big pair of nuts...that he needed to store for the winter, hence his urgency.

Ah, another of Mr. Squirrel's cousins was not so lucky on my drive to work this morning.

My condolences Mr. Squirrel.

I will leave 5 fresh acorns on my front porch to compensate the poor chaps' immediate family.

Sincerely,

KP

FlashUNC
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Ah, another of Mr. Squirrel's cousins was not so lucky on my drive to work this morning.

My condolences Mr. Squirrel.

I will leave 5 fresh acorns on my front porch to compensate the poor chaps' immediate family.

Sincerely,

KP

I'm sure he died as he lived, running along a wild, unpredictable path known only to the vagaries of his tiny squirrel brain.

Kirk Pacenti
11-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm sure he died as he lived, running along a wild, unpredictable path known only to the vagaries of his tiny squirrel brain.

Yes, I am sure you're right.

Why he decided to dart from the safety of the woods just as I came along will be a mystery to me for years to come. :confused:

Cheers,
KP