PDA

View Full Version : CX riding in Denver

thenewguy11
11-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm looking to find some interesting riding for the CX bike in and around Denver. Any pointers?

As an aside, I'm going up to Steamboat Springs with the family for Thanksgiving and it looks like it'll be 40 degrees or so. Anyone familiar with the area know if its a good idea to bring the bike for a 1-2 hour excursion?

rockdude
11-22-2011, 07:27 AM
When you say CX riding, do you mean trails or dirt roads or something else. I can't help with Denver much but I can lead you in the right direction in Boulder.

Wilkinson4
11-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Here is a good blog

http://www.gravelbike.com/

Up North in FT. Collins I hear there is fantastic dirt road riding and down South in Elbert county where I ride is great.

mIKE

thenewguy11
11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
When you say CX riding, do you mean trails or dirt roads or something else. I can't help with Denver much but I can lead you in the right direction in Boulder.

Trails and dirt roads would be great. I went out to Bear Creek state park this past weekend and had a blast. Would like to find more of that.

GRAVELBIKE
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
You might want to try searching some of the sites like Strava, RideWithGPS, or MapMyRide.

gdw
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
There are lot of rides in the Boulder area which can be done on a cx bike including most of the official mountain bike trails. The MTB trail network in S.Boulder, on both sides of 93, isn't too difficult and quite a few local cross riders train there. Further north, you can ride 4 mile Canyon to the Switzerland trail to Gold Hill and back to Boulder if your want a long loop. The dirt roads between Boulder and Nederland are rolling and scenic. Use the dirt section of Magnolia as a starting point and explore.