PDA

View Full Version : How do I post pics on the website.

sirroada
07-30-2005, 11:33 AM
I have tried numerous times to post a pic of my serotta on this forum but for some reason the image never uploads. Anyone know how to do this?

Kahuna
07-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, I know how to do this. First, log into the forum with your username and password then select the forum you wish to post to. If you're starting a new thread, press the button that says "New Thread". If you're replying to someone else's post, then press the "Quote" button to reply.

Next, enter the title of your message in the title input field. Add the whatever text you wish to supply in the Message text input field. Next comes the image part.

To add an image, scroll down and press the button that says "Manage Attachments". This will open up a popup window with a dialog box. Press the button that says "Browse" and select the image file on your local computer (i.e., local filesystem) that you wish to upload. After making the selection you will see the filename appear in the dialog box input field. Once this is done press the button that says "Upload" and your image file will be uploaded. Depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file, this could take a few seconds or a few minutes. Don't interrupt the transfer. Once it's done you will see the filename of the attachment appear in the lower part of the window along with some stats including the file size in bytes indicating the transfer was successful. Finish your post by using the preview and submit and you should be all set.

Tip: Make sure the image file you're uploading is a standard image format such as JPEG with the appropriate ".jpg" extension on the filename. Also Serotta has a file dimension limit of 800x800 pixels. If you're image is larger than that you won't be able to upload it. If that happens you need to use an image editing tool to resample your file so it's within spec.

Hope this helps.

-K

I have tried numerous times to post a pic of my serotta on this forum but for some reason the image never uploads. Anyone know how to do this?