PDA

View Full Version : FS: **NIB** 2011 Super Record/Record Group **HUGE PRICE DROP**

gunder
11-20-2011, 07:34 AM
I have a BRAND NEW, NEVER INSTALLED combination group consisting of mostly Super Record and Record 2011 11-speed. This is the current version of each item. I bought these items in anticipation of a new bike build and have decided to go Di2. All items come in their original box. Also comes with a set of OEM shift/brake cables.

The group is as follows:

Super Record: Brake/Shift Levers
Super Record: Brakes (Dual Caliper front and rear)
Super Record: Braze-On Front Derailleur
Super Record: Ultra Torque BB Cups (Italian Threads)
Record: Crankset (172.5 53-39)
Record: Rear Derailleur
Record: Chain
Chorus: Cassette 12-25

Asking $1,575 net to me. Local deals are welcome, I'm in Orange County, CA. PM or email (heygunder@gmail.com) me if you have any questions or for purchase info.

gunder
11-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Still available :)

rdparadise
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Gunder:

It may be because you're asking price is about what a regular guy like myself could purchase a full Super Record 11 groupset from Shinybikes or similar outfit from the UK. You're is a blended groupset which should make it even more affordable.

Check around, and hopefully you'll see.

http://www.shinybikes.com/campagnolo-groupsets/

This entire Super Record groupset goes for $1276 british pounds, including the 20% VAT tax.

Just sayin.....

Bob

the bottle ride
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Gunder:

It may be because you're asking price is about what a regular guy like myself could purchase a full Super Record 11 groupset from Shinybikes or similar outfit from the UK. You're is a blended groupset which should make it even more affordable.

This entire Super Record groupset goes for $1276 british pounds, including the 20% VAT tax.

Just sayin.....

Bob
1276 in sterling comes close to 2k in dollars- that is a pretty big difference in cost without factoring in shipping....Gunders sales seems like a pretty fair deal: not mind blowing but fair.

harryblack
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
i agree with both of ya'll-- fair price but maybe high for a mixed group... full super record + shipping in my shiny cart is Brit Pounds 1085.63 = US $1697.

(I missed out on mostly Centaur 10 speed group (for gf's cross bike) here so have an eye out for alternatives if I get impatient. Haven't pulled any triggers yet though.)

kohagen
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
1276 in sterling comes close to 2k in dollars- that is a pretty big difference in cost without factoring in shipping....Gunders sales seems like a pretty fair deal: not mind blowing but fair.
Non-EU buyers don't pay the VAT, which means the actual price of the SR group is $1,669 converted at $1.57 per pound sterling, plus shipping of $35. Since gunder's is a mixed group, the price difference isn't all that large.

gunder
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I've dropped the price to $1,575.

rdparadise: I think it would have been more polite to PM me your info on Shiny bikes (as someone else did about 10 mins before you posted). On most classified forums I post to, not necessarily bike forums, it's usually considered bad form to "price police" someone's for sale ad.

dancinkozmo
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the serotta forum !

the bottle ride
11-22-2011, 11:53 AM
i agree with both of ya'll-- fair price but maybe high for a mixed group... full super record + shipping in my shiny cart is Brit Pounds 1085.63 = US $1697.

(I missed out on mostly Centaur 10 speed group (for gf's cross bike) here so have an eye out for alternatives if I get impatient. Haven't pulled any triggers yet though.)

Ha- I am wrong! stand corrected- did not pull the VAT out.
Good to know.

Still a deal from Gunder.

Pete Serotta
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Gunder:

Just sayin.....

Bob

Price and value are in the eye of the seller and buyer. :confused: I agree with what RDParadise posted. Pete

Joachim
11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
The forum is usually very good at dictating the market without the need to price police (excluding price tips via PM). By that I mean, people here know their market prices. Once you go down low enough someone will snatch it up. Otherwise there is Ebay or CL...

gunder
11-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Price and value are in the eye of the seller and buyer. :confused: I agree with what RDParadise posted. Pete

I don't think rdparadise is/was a potential buyer.

rain dogs
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=78707

maybe why you feel you're feeling heat

(posted with the best of intentions, btw, no jerk here)

jr59
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Deal or no deal?

Why is this post allowed on here at all?
Isn't there a rule about # of post before selling something?

AngryScientist
11-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think rdparadise is/was a potential buyer.

rdparadise is a good guy, and long time member of the forum. the reason it's perfectly OK that he called you out on your post is because you had 1 post when you posted your stuff here. its against the forum rules, and you should expect your post to be pulled. this isnt a clearing house, ebay, craigslist or any other forum.

you posted a bunch of high end, new, shiney parts that we can find elsewhere online for similar $. dont take it personally, but when someone signs up for the forum for the sole purpose of unloading parts, you're going to get called out.

stick around though, we all love campy and bikes here, the classifieds will be here when you're ready.

:beer:

Keith A
11-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I think I need to step in here and clarify one issue. Apparently one of our moderators saw that gunder had mainly posted in the classified section before our 20 post count rule was in place and the moderator decided to manually reduce his post count to reflect the number of posts outside of the classified section -- even though he has been a member since 2007. I have since reset his post count to the actual number of posts he has made regardless of the category.

So it did appear that he had violated the 20 post rule even though he really hadn't.

I also think that this post has run it's course and am going to close it. The OP (gunder) can start a new FS post if he would like to.