PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Size Problem

redir
11-18-2011, 08:17 AM
So I'm thinking of ordering these shoes: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69963

I had just placed an order with them and got a different pair of Shimano shoes in 48 that were way to small. My big toe was pushed up against the front.

The weird thing is I have two pairs of Shimano road shoes in 48 and they fit great. I also have two Diadorra in 48 that fit one of which is an MTB shoes.

Does the UK not use a standard sizing or something? And they have these in size 49 and 50 should I go for the 50? What exactly is the unit of measurement that they use? It's not centimeters, It's not millimeters what is it? Something based on the kings foot?

RedRider
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I lived in the UK and can understand your issue. There are usually at least 3 sizes in a shoe ie; US 11 / UK 10 / Euro 45.5 but if you ordered a 48 it should be euro sizing. I do not know if there is a difference between the last in a Shimano American last vs their Euro last.

redir
11-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah I thought it was euro too. And it was marked as such on the box and the shoe 48/12.5/11 or something like that. And that is exactly what is marked on my other Shimano shoes. Funny thing is I am really a 13.5-14US but for some reason the 48's fit right except for these.

DRZRM
11-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I'm a 48 Sidi, 47 Lake and some shoes I fit a 46, (generally a 12.5-13D US), sizing is all over the place. You really have to try on a certain model before you buy, or buy at such a good deal that you can flip them without too much of a loss here or on ebay.

Speaking of, if anyone needs a Lake CX 330 in a size 47 with Speedplay drilling, drop me a PM. :rolleyes: