PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale SAVE seatposts...

rice rocket
11-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Anyone try one?

They're not exceptionally light, but they supposedly have some longitudinal compliance (well, longitudinal when on the bike) built into them for bump absorption.

They come on their higher end MTBs, but I also remember them saying they use it on their bikes at Paris-Roubaix as well.

redir
11-17-2011, 07:58 AM
I never heard of one before but your post got me into Googling it a bit. On Cdales web site it says it offers 40mm of travel but doesn't explain how the thing works. If it's flexing that's kind of creepy but hey it's good enough for Jeremiah Bishop so...

FWIW I use a thudbuster and couldn't be happier.

bigreen505
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
The current Synapse posts are subtly triangular, not round, so they are out. The seat adjustment is on the side ruling out any saddle with deep sides. The original Synapse posts are round aluminum with a cosmetic carbon wrap and one of the worst head designs I've seen. Stay away from both.

fatallightning
11-17-2011, 08:13 PM
the new synapse post is quite different, and stupid. the bottom is the same shape, then it transitions to a round post with a cut to fit topper. so dumb. the normal save post can be seen on a the high end flashes, and yes, they flex like crazy.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2011/08/09/1312883371551-64te1b7anqgz-500-90-500-70.jpg

rice rocket
11-17-2011, 09:30 PM
and yes, they flex like crazy.

Is it a good flex or a bad flex? :)

I'm looking for a post for my hardtail 29er. Being that it's a singlespeed and I'd climb out of the saddle when I need the most power, the idea seems like a good compromise.

Jack Brunk
11-17-2011, 10:05 PM
on my new 2012 Flash carbon 29er. I've been going back and forth with the Blacksheep so it's been hard to compare. I really tried to pay close attention tonight and I can tell there's some flex but to what degree I'm not sure. It's really well made post and I'll update after a few more rides.