PDA

View Full Version : OT Republic wireless, anybody here sign up?

corsaspeciale
11-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Nov. 8th Republic Wireless launched there hybrid cellphone service. Has anybody else besides me signed up for there $19 a month service?

nm87710
11-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Not yet but interested

corsaspeciale
11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Not yet but interested and waiting for some real world reviews. Beta orders placed now won't ship till late December. Love the idea and it would be great based on my cell usage pattern.

Are you up and running yet?
No phone-service yet but i was told i should find out this week when my phone will be shipped. Looking forward to see how well there network operates.

Dekonick
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Holy crap Batman! Is this for real?

Only 6 months until I can ditch my contract... heck - I might just get one to have as a spare line! They can't possibly offer $19 a month for unlimited data... can they? I would just hook this to my car for Pandora... and google maps. For $19... how can you go wrong?

Gingerbread eh? I wonder if you can tether...

bike22
11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Holy crap Batman! Is this for real?

Only 6 months until I can ditch my contract... heck - I might just get one to have as a spare line! They can't possibly offer $19 a month for unlimited data... can they? I would just hook this to my car for Pandora... and google maps. For $19... how can you go wrong?

Gingerbread eh? I wonder if you can tether...
read their site carefully, you need to make most of your calls/texts/data over a wifi network, that's the "catch"

corsaspeciale
11-20-2011, 03:34 PM
No phone-service yet but i was told i should find out this week when my phone will be shipped. Looking forward to see how well there network operates.
Just got confirmation new phone will be shipped b4 xmas. So in about a month i will see how well it works. Stay tuned.