PDA

View Full Version : OT ebay case resolution.

binxnyrwarrsoul
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Had to file a resolution case on ebay today, first time since '03. Over a measly $44, for a cyclocomputer. Weak. Any one have any experiences with this kind of thing?

ultraman6970
11-16-2011, 03:46 PM
If you did not recieved the item and there is no tracking number or anything saying that the item got to your place u will win the claim. Pretty much that will happen.

pitcrew
11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Correct. Ebay/Paypal will simply "look" to see if a delivery shows as "delivered" based on a tracking number.

BCS
11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
I recently bought a pair of Carbon tubular wheels with boutique hubs that were clearly defective. They bearings were crap. Seller claimed they were perfect in the original listing. I filed a claim with bay and after a week or so, they ruled in my favor after I got a letter from my mechanic. I got a full refund including shipping. Ebay handled it well in my opinion.

oliver1850
11-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I have a case open right now for something not delivered. I think the seller wanted to get more for it than it brought, and is hoping I'll ask to cancel the sale. There is a time limit to file a case, and you must file a case to get ebay to take any action, or issue a refund. I've let things go past the deadline, listened to people's excuses and ended up losing my money. In general if it's past the date when it should have been delivered, and the seller hasn't given me a tracking number, I open a case. Having a case opened against you has no bearing on your standing with ebay, so people really aren't harmed by it at all. It's just a warning that some action needs to be taken.

toaster
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I was going to open a new thread but decided I'd post my latest experience here to see what some of you think.

I order a .pdf copy of a Honda CRV Service Manual because I need some info ASAP from "oldtownauctionhouse" on ebay. It's only $2.99 and I can receive the file quickly without searching all over the internet and three bucks is cheap, no shipping.

So, I wait and no email copy. I send him a message "where's my file?". He says he sent it. NO. Again, "where's my file?". He says "you should have got it." Now, I'm kinda upset because he's wasting my time and so I find a .pdf on the internet I can download free.

I finally get the email but don't open the file but tell the guy to refund because I found a free version on my own and he was late and besides I never opened his file.

He refuses, we get eBay to resolve, they rule in his favor and now I go to open file since I paid for it and guess what!

The download expired!!!

Now the idiot won't return my messages and won't resend the file.

oldtownauctionhouse is his user name. A real piece of work, this guy. Over a lousy three bucks and a .pdf file he can email for nothing!!

ultraman6970
11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
for 2.99 i wouldn't even care, but u have the right to leave feed back.

oldguy00
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
I was going to open a new thread but decided I'd post my latest experience here to see what some of you think.

I order a .pdf copy of a Honda CRV Service Manual because I need some info ASAP from "oldtownauctionhouse" on ebay. It's only $2.99 and I can receive the file quickly without searching all over the internet and three bucks is cheap, no shipping.

So, I wait and no email copy. I send him a message "where's my file?". He says he sent it. NO. Again, "where's my file?". He says "you should have got it." Now, I'm kinda upset because he's wasting my time and so I find a .pdf on the internet I can download free.

I finally get the email but don't open the file but tell the guy to refund because I found a free version on my own and he was late and besides I never opened his file.

He refuses, we get eBay to resolve, they rule in his favor and now I go to open file since I paid for it and guess what!

The download expired!!!

Now the idiot won't return my messages and won't resend the file.

oldtownauctionhouse is his user name. A real piece of work, this guy. Over a lousy three bucks and a .pdf file he can email for nothing!!

How long did it take to get the email from him with the file attachment? Assuming you are only talking a day or three, you don't really have the right to back out of the transaction just because you found yourself a free copy.................

toaster
11-23-2011, 09:27 AM
How long did it take to get the email from him with the file attachment? Assuming you are only talking a day or three, you don't really have the right to back out of the transaction just because you found yourself a free copy.................

I agree with both of you. I don't mind losing the $2.99 or not winning the resolution (refund). The guy's attitude sucks. You'd think he would resend the file just to avoid negative feedback from a customer who ultimately paid but doesn't get the item.

Also, in the description or when someone gets that type of item don't you think disclosing that the email download expires in 72 hours is important information your buyer needs to know?

BTW, it took 3 days and maybe 4 emails on my end and he claimed "free shipping" and "next day delivery" also "no refunds". The next day delivery is where he violated his own terms.

victoryfactory
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I recently bought a pair of Carbon tubular wheels with boutique hubs that were clearly defective. They bearings were crap. Seller claimed they were perfect in the original listing. I filed a claim with bay and after a week or so, they ruled in my favor after I got a letter from my mechanic. I got a full refund including shipping. Ebay handled it well in my opinion.

What happens once ebay decides in your favor? Do they just pay you directly and then go after the shipper on their own? Or do they just tell the shipper to
pay you?

VF

pitcrew
11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
What happens once ebay decides in your favor? Do they just pay you directly and then go after the shipper on their own? Or do they just tell the shipper to
pay you?

VF

If payment is done through Paypal (as I would say the vast majority of ebay transactions are), then the buyer would get a refund to their Paypal account.