PDA

View Full Version : Removing graphics from a stem - Anyone have an FSA- SLK

Wayne77
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
I've seen some good deals out there on the white FSL SLK stem with the pink "K" in the logo. I like pink, and it would look great on a bike with pink accents. But not for my bike - looking for a white stem, so does anyone have an FSA SLK stem? (in any color) Can you tell if the logo is under a clear coat or anything? If it's on the top of the base color I imagine a little dosage of wifey's nail polish remover would remove a logo... what do you think?

If that's not going to work I have a black FSA stem incoming from another forumite I can use, but just wondering in case I decide to go white.

Hawker
11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Not to steal your thread, but I'd like to remove the graphics from a new FSA handlebar as well. Shiny black bar, not flat black.

Wayne77
11-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Not to steal your thread, but I'd like to remove the graphics from a new FSA handlebar as well. Shiny black bar, not flat black.

Same concept I think - I don't think it would be a problem with anodized, because the graphics are usually silk screened so not problem getting those logos off with some nail polish remover or acetone, but I'm just wondering if these shiny finishes like the FSA SLK stem, and the bars you mention, have a clear coat over the logo. If you have the bars, care to be my guinea pig? :)

krhea
11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I've used acetone with good results on non-glossy stems as the logos set on the surface as opposed to being under clear coat. I'm doing a couple "flat" black stems this afternoon.

Question, where did you find the "pink" SLK stems??? I've been looking for one of those I can't find any.

Thanks

KRhea

Wayne77
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
I've used acetone with good results on non-glossy stems as the logos set on the surface as opposed to being under clear coat. I'm doing a couple "flat" black stems this afternoon.

Question, where did you find the "pink" SLK stems??? I've been looking for one of those I can't find any.

Thanks

KRhea

Agreed, flat black stems not a problem. Anyway, just search for FSA SL-K stems on ebay and you'll see several white stems where the "K" is pink.