PDA

View Full Version : Specialized 74 shoes and gloves

Ryun
11-15-2011, 03:27 PM
I dont know if I missed a thread on these but has anyone had a chance to try or at least lay hands on the neo retro specialized 74?

I saw a set at the shop (not my size) and got a weird hankering for them. I dont have much experience with S works shoes so any feedback as to fit etc would be helpful

Ryun

EDS
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
My understanding is that all the specialized shoes are cut/sized the same - so you can determine size by trying on any shoe in their range. I went up a half size from Sidi.

FlashUNC
11-15-2011, 03:48 PM
I have their S-Works model from last year. Fantastic shoes, imo.

I am lusting after the 74s in an unhealthy way, but can't justify the expense.

weiwentg
11-15-2011, 03:55 PM
My understanding is that all the specialized shoes are cut/sized the same - so you can determine size by trying on any shoe in their range. I went up a half size from Sidi.

and the Specialized shoes should fit to a C width (this from an experienced fitter I bought a pair of S-Works from). Only the Pro shoes (iirc) are available in wide and narrow. the women's shoes have the same last (I was told) but narrower heel cups.

the 74s are $40 more, and are actually a bit heavier. I'm not that much into the style; I could be sold if the kangaroo leather were more durable than whatever the S-Works is made of.

pdmtong
11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
RP
I wear a s-works shoe (44). It is lighter than my ergo 2 (44.5). I like the sidi fit better, but make no mistake the s-works shoe is fantastic. That '74 shoe -I had not seen but yea, I want one too.

What's old is new in helmets (http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/cycling-helmets/reverb-10620.html) too

Ryun
11-15-2011, 09:41 PM
As much as the retro style, I love the almost complete lack of logos. I have a soft spot for k leather ever since the carnac lemonds were the must have soon before carnac sucked/
Of course they remind me of shoes I had to nail cleats to but all other shoes seem to be on a logo binge to match OE bikes.

I have a black beauty these would match perfectly//I like the gloves also dont think I could do the helmet tho

DRietz
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't think there's a '74 helmet?

Ryun
11-16-2011, 08:24 AM
I don't think there's a '74 helmet?
I was referring to Paul's link to the retroesque giro