PDA

View Full Version : Visit to the Factory This Past Friday

BumbleBeeDave
11-13-2011, 06:34 PM
I had the day off Friday for Veteran’s Day and had some errands to do in Saratoga, so I stopped by the factory on Friday to say hello to Ben. We had a nice chat for about 20 minutes as he worked.

In the factory, there were employees working. Steve Leboyer, who runs the Saratoga Fit Lab, was out of town delivering bikes. In the factory, I could see through the window an employee was doing the finishing work on a shiny red CXII frame. Several others were working on frame fabrication. Ben said this particular morning he was working on improving their customer service system and a variety of other work.

During our conversation he emphasized they are taking orders as usual and engaged in changing their business model for the next decade, reducing dealers by raising standards, and getting more tightly focused on what they do better than anyone else—custom fitting, designing and producing custom frames that serve customers specific needs better than anyone else. In other words, exactly what was posted here several weeks ago.

He also said in this past week they took new orders from here in the US, overseas from Germany and Australia, and he’s excited about inquiries from three different independent frame builders who want to spec Serotta carbon forks as original equipment on their frames.

He also wanted me to post that he’s grateful to everyone who has expressed support during the past few weeks. He appreciates your caring, listening, and helping to get the company moving forward to an exciting future.

BBD