PDA

View Full Version : Excel "fit sheet"?

Wayne77
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi, does anyone have a copy of an excel file that one can plug a bunch of frame numbers in to get various output measurements? I think there is a Serotta version (I was given a Serotta excel fit sheet when I bought my Concours), but not sure it's ok to share that document. If it is ok to share that doc privately, that would be ideal. Anyway, if there's something else suitable, can someone email me a blank version or something? Please PM me if this is ok.

If someone has any other link to point me to, or another spreadsheet type of document I could use, I would sincerely appreciated it!

Disclosure: I'm certainly not assuming something like this could ever replace a true fitment expert, like those Serotta retains, just looking to do a little gut check when considering used frames for sale.

Thanks!

AngryScientist
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
the competitive cyclist fit calculator used to be very good, havent used it recently, but by all accounts was about as good as an "online fit" could be IMO

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

yngpunk
11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
I got one...happy to send it to anyone who'd be interested. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it off.

May try to set it up on Google Documents for easier sharing.

Wayne77
11-13-2011, 06:06 PM
the competitive cyclist fit calculator used to be very good, havent used it recently, but by all accounts was about as good as an "online fit" could be IMO

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

Thanks - very much appreciated. What I'm really looking for is something where you plug in actual frame, bar & stem measurements and it gives you things like reach, drop, front center, etc. This way I can plug in measurements for a given frame I have and compare things like reach & drop with a frame I'm looking to purchase. When there was a free online version of BikeCad, it was great for this sort of thing. I think there is still a free version, but it is pretty limited (I can understand why).

Wayne77
11-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I got one...happy to send it to anyone who'd be interested. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it off.

May try to set it up on Google Documents for easier sharing.

Thanks - PM sent.