PDA

View Full Version : Wool Fleece

93legendti
11-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Anyone try this new wool process? In the last 2 weeks, I bought wool fleece hoodies from Ibex (Nomad) and Icebreaker (Sierra) and I'm impressed with the warmth, lighter weight and even softer materials than the usual smarter wools.

eddief
11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
it ought to be perfectly perfect :).

No kidding, it looks like a great garment.

Steve in SLO
11-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Does the Ibex fit more box-ily than the Icebreaker? It has been my experience with these brands and am wondering about these hoodies.
Thanks

93legendti
11-12-2011, 10:39 AM
it ought to be perfectly perfect :).

No kidding, it looks like a great garment.
No question, the price was steep...Got the Icebreaker during Moosejaw's 20% off sale-that helped...

Does the Ibex fit more box-ily than the Icebreaker? It has been my experience with these brands and am wondering about these hoodies.
Thanks

Yes...

MattTuck
11-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Actually sat in on a presentation by the CEO of Ibex this week, and was impressed with the product. Their stuff is certainly expensive, but to get quality wool (and they're talking the best of the best) to make that fine of a garment, they need to pay up for raw materials.

They do almost all their manufacturing in the the US (ice breaker does almost all in china), and he got the question why not move manufacturing to china... short answer is, when you're paying upwards of $10+ per yard for material, saving $0.25 cents on sewing just doesn't make sense.

An interesting story he told, the US military especially special forces are very interested in the high end stuff. synthetic fibers tend to melt during explosions/fires, which leaves scarring and infections, wool is a much better fabric along that performance dimension. So now they (Ibex) is dealing with increased demand for high quality wool from the military...

It is heavy on the wallet, but their stuff is top notch.

93legendti
11-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Actually sat in on a presentation by the CEO of Ibex this week, and was impressed with the product. Their stuff is certainly expensive, but to get quality wool (and they're talking the best of the best) to make that fine of a garment, they need to pay up for raw materials.

They do almost all their manufacturing in the the US (ice breaker does almost all in china), and he got the question why not move manufacturing to china... short answer is, when you're paying upwards of $10+ per yard for material, saving $0.25 cents on sewing just doesn't make sense.

An interesting story he told, the US military especially special forces are very interested in the high end stuff. synthetic fibers tend to melt during explosions/fires, which leaves scarring and infections, wool is a much better fabric along that performance dimension. So now they (Ibex) is dealing with increased demand for high quality wool from the military...

It is heavy on the wallet, but their stuff is top notch.
Cool story, thanks. On top of what you posted, Ibex has a no questions asked return policy.