PDA

View Full Version : Killer Kool -- any good?

kgreene10
11-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Has anyone used the Killer Kool Headwind Fan with Kreitler rollers?

I have the 4.5" drums and they don't allow me to put out more than 180 watts at high RPMs. Is the fan a good solution or is it too loud, too clunky, or too anything?

Thanks in advance to the collective mind.

IFRider
11-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I use the normal size alloys with the Killer Headwind. I ride in an unfinished basement and love the fact the the breeze from the fan is readily adjustable to cool me off. They do make storage a little inconvenient but I leave mine set up all the time.

The feel is a very natural progression and can be adjusted (although I leave mine in the full open position). I have never had an issue with not enough resistance but then again, I am not a watt-puppy.

I can't comment too much on the noise as I ride with ear canal headphone that block out all sound although they are noticeably quieter than the fan stationary trainers I have used in the past.

Warren

bigflax925
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I've got the Killer Headwind on my rollers.

They do add some to the length of your roller system, so depending on where you ride, you may need to adjust.

Wide open it's very loud. I also ride with two weighted flywheels, so that may contribute to some of the noise, but they are still loud.

They are a good workout.

kgreene10
11-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks!

etu
11-13-2011, 08:47 AM
haven't used it in years
did not like it much
happy to ship mine to you if i can dig it up
just reimburse me for the the shipping cost
PM me if you're interested

forrestw
11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
I have one and like it quite well. the only problem I experienced that you probably would not was slippage of the drive-belts. If I remember correctly the KK fan is designed to mount at the front of the rollers and that means there are 2 belts between you and the fan, a more sensible design would have been to drive it off the back roller, resulting in more direct power transmission.

However, I'm running the 3.5" drums, with the 4.5 I think you'll have better results -- more grip between the belt and larger drum.