PDA

View Full Version : Ride It Like You Stole It

Frankwurst
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I love stories like this. :beer:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/colorado-woman-spots-stolen-bike-craigslist-steals-back-164456345.html

rab
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
That is great.

When I was in college a guy I knew had his bike stolen and a few days later, lo and behold, saw it sitting up on a porch on his route back from class.
He walks up, grabs it and takes off. It was only a few blocks later before he gets stopped by the cops and they end up cuffing him and taking him in. Once he explains it (again) in the PD they were actually still going to write him up on a trespass charge but ended up just giving him a lecture about contacting the police and not taking matters into his own hands etc. Don't know what happened to the thief.

Funniest part to me is the bike was a complete POS, barely capable as a bar bike. In fact, I would have considered it a significant impairment in itself.

gasman
11-14-2011, 05:18 PM
In college I had a bike stolen near a classroom. It was a POS woman's sears ( or something) bike I bought for $5 at a garage sale at the beginning of the school year. It was rusted, the bearings worked only just so I never locked it and just rode it to class and between classes . I was surprised anyone bothered to take was a little bummed cuz it did have a basket on the handlebars.

Two weeks later I'm coming out of the library at 11 pm and there's my bike parked in front !!! I stole it back and was actually nervous as I rode away.

She was pretty brave I think.