PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Mercian Professional NEW

dixiesdad
11-08-2011, 10:32 PM
For sale is a new Mercian "Professional" , with the long point lugs purchased by me in 2011. the frame and fork are a reynolds 631 tubing which is undated from the "old" reynolds 531 tubing which was revered by many in the steel world. never assembled, there is a scuff, about 1/4 inch and in the clearcoat only on the top tube otherwise mint. you would have a hard time finding it. wish to sell the frame and fork. asking $695 and will include shipping. measurements are 56.5 ctc seat tube and 55 ctc top tube. head tube is 16.2 cm. has a THREADED fork 27.2 seatpost. color is pearl purple metalllic...beautiful...you can go to the mercian website and do a custom build to see how they put these together. I purchased and have switched my efforts to fly fishing and need to fund some coming purchases.

39cross
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
That is a beautiful frame. I hope it finds a good home, it deserves one. Good luck!

Fixed
11-09-2011, 08:11 PM
you need to point out the lugs long pointed
nice this a photo i found worth seeing
cheers

tailingloop
11-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi - I've been flyfishing for the past 15 years and have accumulated too much gear. Is there anything specific you're looking for that you would consider a trade?

Noise
11-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Someone buy this frame!

thinpin
11-10-2011, 05:58 AM
My old mate and I raced these in the early 80's. His was custom (rich parents) mine stock. Solid bikes.

drewski
11-10-2011, 09:21 AM
For sale is a new Mercian "Professional" , with the long point lugs purchased by me in 2011. the frame and fork are a reynolds 631 tubing which is undated from the "old" reynolds 531 tubing which was revered by many in the steel world. never assembled, there is a scuff, about 1/4 inch and in the clearcoat only on the top tube otherwise mint. you would have a hard time finding it. wish to sell the frame and fork. asking $695 and will include shipping. measurements are 56.5 ctc seat tube and 55 ctc top tube. head tube is 16.2 cm. has a THREADED fork 27.2 seatpost. color is pearl purple metalllic...beautiful...you can go to the mercian website and do a custom build to see how they put these together. I purchased and have switched my efforts to fly fishing and need to fund some coming purchases.

You have a very nice collection of classics. I am still enjoying the Raleigh Team
I purchased from you a while back. I just bought a matching team Raleigh LS jersey made in the 1970's. When I ride around town I get very glaring looks.
I am not sure if it because:
its a. because I look really classic cool or b. i look like a fred.

Good luck with the sale. DixiesDad is a great person to work with. :hello:

fiamme red
11-10-2011, 09:46 AM
DixiesDad is a great person to work with. :hello:I agree. I bought a bike from him last year and it was a pleasure dealing with him.

maximus
11-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I have been riding my Mercian Super Vigorelli for about a year now - the same 631 construction. This is a great price for a wonderful riding bike. Put a Brooks on it and some tanwalls and have the classiest of frames on your block. :beer:

bigflax925
11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I agree. I bought a bike from him last year and it was a pleasure dealing with him.

Agreed. The bike I purchased from him was better than described. In fact, short of a couple of scratches, I'd say it was almost NOS.