PDA

View Full Version : Frame sent for repairs at serotta (by who and RA # please)thanks PETE)

bpatterson
11-06-2011, 08:37 PM
How do i get my bike out of the factory it went in for simple repair in September

Louis
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I bet raising a ***** storm here out in the open is not the way to go about it.

BumbleBeeDave
11-06-2011, 08:49 PM
. . . . contacted them outside of the forum?

What is the "simple repair?"

BBD

Kontact
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I bet raising a ***** storm here out in the open is not the way to go about it.
Actually, sometimes it is. I'm willing to bet the OP probably thought of and tried contacting them all by himself.

Louis
11-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Actually, sometimes it is.

OK, I'll amend my post: It's not how I would go about doing it.

BumbleBeeDave
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
The OP's post has too little info for any informed opinion.

I strongly doubt anyone from the factory is sitting there looking at the forum at 10:30 on a Sunday night. I've let Pete know there's a question like this and I'm sure he will be able to help tomorrow.

BBD

SteveFrench
11-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Actually, sometimes it is. I'm willing to bet the OP probably thought of and tried contacting them all by himself.

I love this post.

Bruce K
11-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Depending on when in September it went in, the time frame of 6 - 8 weeks does not seem unreasonable.

Given the process of:

1. Submit frame for inspection and contacted with an estimate for authorization
2. Customer authorizes repair
3. Repair gets slotted into production schedule
4. Repair gets performed
5. Frame gets shippped

With that plus the personnel changes I would say again, let Pete check into it but if you did not get a cost to repair or authorize the repair after the estimate then it might be "hung up" in the process.

BK

PS - I used my discretion and took the liberty of changing the original post title to something a little more appropriate to the task at hand

AngryScientist
11-07-2011, 06:29 AM
it's easy for me to say as a sideliner, obviously - but if i were in the OP's shoes, i'd just let Serotta take their time. from a previous thread, we know that Serotta has said this is a very busy time for frame restoration and repairs. hopefully you have another bike or two to keep riding, if not, maybe now is the time to get one.

Pete Serotta
11-07-2011, 07:14 AM
What is your name, where from, and give me the RA # that you used to mail into Serotta.

WHat are you requesting an estimate or a fix and please give me info on problem,

THANKS PETE

I will be glad to get the info on it. Additionally in looking at your past posts,, Is in a steel, or an AE.

parris
11-07-2011, 08:15 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that the entire region got slammed with rain and flooding in the first week of September. That may be at least part of the reason that they haven't gotten back to you. I know that in our area there have been several hundred properties that have been damaged pretty substantially.

oldpotatoe
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
How do i get my bike out of the factory it went in for simple repair in September

Did they give ya an estimate, a time frame to repair?

'Factory'/organization seems to be in a bit of disarray at the moment, judging by the loooonnnnggg previous thread about Serotta's problems and future.

Bruce K
11-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Actually no disarray but whenever there are changes some things can get delayed

Instead of speculation how about we let Pete, the OP, and Serotta sort it out and wait for an update

BK

Ahneida Ride
11-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Is it a Lugged frame ?

If so .... send me a PM.

SoCalSteve
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Did they give ya an estimate, a time frame to repair?

'Factory'/organization seems to be in a bit of disarray at the moment, judging by the loooonnnnggg previous thread about Serotta's problems and future.

Please, in the future, keep the speculating to yourself. Unless you know for a fact that something is so...no disparaging remarks about Serotta.

Thanks!

rugbysecondrow
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
How many Mods does it take to handle a thread?

Seems like piling on fellas.

oldpotatoe
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
How many Mods does it take to handle a thread?

Seems like piling on fellas.

Yer Pm box is full Rugby

biker72
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Somehow I think this thread is about to be closed... :)

happycampyer
11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
I bet Metamucil is glad they don't sponsor a forum.

kidnapped by Metamucil

I drank two tall glasses of Metamucil last night and I still haven't taken a ????. What gives?

Joachim
11-07-2011, 02:31 PM

kidnapped by Metamucil

I drank two tall glasses of Metamucil last night and I still haven't taken a ????. What gives?

Can I use this emoticon (not mad, but butt)? :butt:

Climb01742
11-07-2011, 02:32 PM

kidnapped by Metamucil

if they did, they could name it 'i could give a shiite.' :beer:

Keith A
11-07-2011, 02:34 PM
How many Mods does it take to handle a thread?And on that note, it's time to close this down :)

Pete Serotta
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I have been in contact (email) with the customer. He is flying and out of town. Once he gets back and gives me the Return ## and some detail I will track it down. It is a Meivici and is going to take longer but once I have details, I will become a pitbull to get a date on repair or estimate for customer to approve a repair. PETE

ALways before sending anything to any mft, keep the RA Return Authorization and person's name you talked to (as well as track ## from shipper) close to your wallet.

We will get to the bottom of it. I promise. PETE

Somehow I think this thread is about to be closed... :)