PDA

View Full Version : Question for Rapha Users

Idris Icabod
11-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I know there are a lot of Rapha users on this forum so is it better to size Rapha clothing based on length or width? I'm almost 6'2", which puts me in a size large but only have a 31" waist and weight about 153lbs which fits between small and medium. My kits have been free for quite a while and have mostly been Voler large race fit, now I have to pay for them myself thought I would treat myself (and it is British to boot so I'm supporting my home economy, it could use the boost).

Only looking for sizing information and not peoples perceived value of the clothing.

CNY rider
11-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I am 5'6" and weigh just under 150.
I like the way the medium country jerseys fit me.
Others have complained that they are too long. I like having the extra length (it's just a little)BUT
I don't see how a medium could possibly fit someone over 6 feet tall.

AngryScientist
11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Another data point: voler race cut jerseys fit me well in medium, i'm short and about 140, the medium rapha fits a bit looser, and is a little longer, but i doubt it would fit you well at your size

PJN
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Pro team cut - size large.

TimmyB
11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
I own a rapha winter LS jersey. I am 6ft 135lbs. By their sizing I should be a medium. Torso length is right, but it's still on the boxy side of things. IMO Rapha is not really true "race" cut. Well not by "euro" standards anyways. If I were going to do it again, I'd probably have gotten a small. It was an xmas present though, so what do you do? Works great as a jacket... over a base layer, and two jersey's ;) . FWIW I wear small jersey in both voler and capo's custom team kit.

Birddog
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm 5'9" 175 lbs with a 42" chest. I tried the M, but it was too tight. The large is slightly long but otherwise a good fit. I'd order an M and a L and send one back. There is no charge, they'll reimburse you for shipping it back.

beeatnik
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I wear a small, medium and large in Rapha. Large and medium for the Club jersey and both fit well around the pits, medium a bit snugger obviously. I like wearing the large Club jersey with touring shorts or "baggies." They're also the longest jerseys I own...by a lot. Next to a capo medium race cut, the Rapha is 6 3/4 inches longer (just measured). In the pro jersey, I wear a medium. This jersey fits like a standard Capo jersey (Dorato, Padrone, et al). Now, in the Lightweight Jersey, which I imagine is sized between a Club and Pro, I like the fit of the small since the medium, while well sized in the chest is still super long and loose in back. The sucker flaps around and I feel like my stuff will fly out of the pockets. Now, this info might be totally useless to you, so I should offer some measurements and preferences. 39' chest, 160 pounds, 32'' waist, 5'11." I like tight but not super tight jerseys. In other words I like the pro, tailored look. Hope that helps.

ckamp
11-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Rapha Fit..

I may be able to help; I am 6"4, 174lbs, 39" chest, 32" waist.

The jerseys fit differently based on the style. I find they are all boxy on the waist, the elastic grip does nothing for me in the back.

- Club Jersey is more loose but still form fitting
- Country Jersey fits slightly tighter, it has an adjustable elastic bottom which is nice.
- Galiber jersey, fits like a club but with a tighter/armpit riding chest. If someone wants to trade my like new medium for a large let me know.

Mediums have a neck of 15.5 to 16 if you like your zipper up.

I personally find them short, I would move to all larges but then they would be even boxier on the bottom.

The build quality is good and the wool does not stretch out.

I really wish jerseys were sized like the vintage ones with actual elastics, not just a rubber grip.
Anyway, I think you should get all mediums you can also order two sizes and send one back.

davidlee
11-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm 6'2 170 and a medium pro cut fits me perfectly but I like my jerseys pretty snug.
You are a medium for sure.. No way on the small, not long enough.
my 2 cents
dl

Idris Icabod
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Blimey! Thanks for all the great responses.

slowpoke
11-06-2011, 09:59 PM
5'10", 145 lbs., and I wear a medium. Fit is slightly snug, not tight. I'd say you're a medium, too.

nauqneyugn
11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
These are for the country jerseys (I posted this across the hall awhile ago). Hope it helps.

XS
Pit to pit: 17 inches
Shoulder to shoulder: 13.75
Front length (bottom of collar to hem): 19
Back length (bottom of collar to hem): 25

M

XL