PDA

View Full Version : Help-Garmin Edge 305 GPS Firmware and Chipware????

scottyabailey
11-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Garmin edge 305 Software upgrades? I downloaded the Webupdater yesterday and it told me that I should upgrade to 3.2 firmware. This part of the upgrade went fine. when I tried to continue with the upgrade of the chipset, this upgrade was aborted. I turned the unit on and it no longer would connect to the satalites. The time was also set to Dec. 31 2014. This was the beginning of a long day of trying to fix a non working GPS. I have discovered that the software version was upgraded but the GPS version has been changed to 0.00. I have tried to just load the 2.9 chipset and in is not compatible with the device. The main issue is that I dont know what version was on the unit when I started. This is the perfect icon for how i feel right now!! :crap:

Thanks for any help or Suggestions.

henrypretz
11-06-2011, 03:04 PM
I think I would try to re download and reinstall. I found the webupdater kind of wonky. I did the manual update/upgrade.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00447-00

Now that I think of it, I might have done this on my Forerunner and not my Edge. I would imagine that the situations might be comparable though.
Sorry for an confusion.