PDA

View Full Version : november 4, 1769

fogrider
11-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I went out for a little ride from the office today...I think I've attached the photos...
the first photo is the site of the explosion at San Bruno...you see the empty lots. second photo, the Gap building, one of the first green buildings with green roof designed by Gensler Architects.

next photo; trailhead to Sweeny Ridge...next photo; just crossed the fog line, no fog today but dark clouds are overhead...the road is about to kick up crazy steep and you can see the ridge on the left.

portola was looking for monterey but it was likely fogged in...they continued north and had to get more supplies and came ashore near Pacifica. On November 4, 1769 they made it to ridge and say the bay. it must have looked like a big lake or that they were on an island.

oliver1850
11-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Great pics. Looks like a fun climb with a nice view. You neglected to mention your trusty steed.

roguedog
11-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice pix. Know someone who owns one of those lots. I think he still has nightmares of the house burning. :no:

fogrider
11-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Great pics. Looks like a fun climb with a nice view. You neglected to mention your trusty steed.
that is a trusty steed indeed, 1999 legend ti, campy equipped. I keep this bike at work and ride it as my training bike. but as the wet season is here, it's going to be my weekend bike.