PDA

View Full Version : my letter to Lance

george
07-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I have enclosed my thank you letter that I submitted to wear yellow.com

Lance, you are my hero, idol, role model, inspiration, and savior. Yes savior; I was on the brink of suicide from a depression in 1998 when I discovered the virtual insanity and lure of the Iron Man Triathlon and Tour de France racing. I have yet to race in an Ironman but have raced in almost forty races including eight marathons. I am enjoying the journey. I have devolped such a fervant passion for cycling and endurance training that I own seven bikes, two are high end, high performance, high priced, full custom racing machines and the others are cool vintage bikes. Lance, after your final "stomping" on the Tour de France when you won stage 20 time trial with such conviction and commitment, I went out that night and tattooed the LIVESTRONG yellow band on my arm!!! Lance, I love you!!!

your devoted fan,
george tchakanakis

Kevan
07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
George!!!!

Whatever your fuel might be....

coylifut
07-26-2005, 10:22 AM
if some university kid knocks on your door it's likely a restraining order.

dave thompson
07-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Nice letter George.

We all have to draw our inspirations from somewhere, and Lance has obviously touched many folks throughout the world. Lance has become the stuff of legend and I think that history will reflect his influences on bicycling, fitness, mental toughness and perseverance.

The fact that Lance can positively 'influence' people like George, put him in a different category than the normal sports hero.

93legendti
07-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Here's another letter:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/teams/5280/2005/?id=diaries/vaughters30-07

oldguy00
07-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Here's another letter:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/teams/5280/2005/?id=diaries/vaughters30-07

Very well done

toaster
07-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Kudos to Lance, imperfect as he is. If you want to grill someone visit the Robin Williams thread.

Austin
08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
George,
I just got back from a magical week at the TDF with my wife and the rest of the Lance Armstrong Foundation crew. The support and interest in the foundation was overwhelming, but I never saw any Livestrong tatoos! You should send the LAF a picture of your tatoo for their scrapbook! www.laf.org
Dave