PDA

View Full Version : My fitting with Smiley

NHAero
11-02-2011, 08:02 AM
I was down in the Washington DC area last week for some work and a conference and took advantage of that to get a fitting with Smiley. It was really informative and fun and I'd recommend it to anyone ordering a custom or just wanting to fit better on their existing ride. I now need to alter my bike (which I didn't have with me :-) to see how the changes work.

Way above and beyond the call of duty, Karen and Smiley fed me dinner then Smiley drove me to my hotel in Silver Spring!

Thanks Smiley!

AngryScientist
11-02-2011, 08:08 AM
pretty cool.

So, out of curiosity, did you decide to get a fit because something was troubling you, or where you just interested in optimizing your fit on an otherwise acceptable set-up.

it's definitely cool that you were able to get the fitting done without you're actual bicycle with you.

NHAero
11-02-2011, 08:15 AM
I've ordered a custom frame and I have comfort issues due to age and my neck. We used his Serotta Fit Cycle.

rugbysecondrow
11-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Yep, that is Smiley for you...always top notch.

To you Smiley :beer:

Ken Robb
11-02-2011, 09:03 AM
From what I've heard, a dinner at Smiley's alone is worth the cost of a fitting. :)

NHAero
11-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes, in remarkably short order Karen put together a delicious and beautiful table!
From what I've heard, a dinner at Smiley's alone is worth the cost of a fitting. :)

Smiley
11-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I wanted to repay NHAero for his valuable advice about everything Solar, dude knows his stuff when it comes to energy savings and all things that have to do with the SUN. What a great resource to our forum to have a knowledge base like him around.

How did the numbers compare Marc? Smiley

NHAero
11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I still haven't measured my bike, too busy since I came back!
I wanted to repay NHAero for his valuable advice about everything Solar, dude knows his stuff when it comes to energy savings and all things that have to do with the SUN. What a great resource to our forum to have a knowledge base like him around.

How did the numbers compare Marc? Smiley

Pete Serotta
11-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Top tier fitter and a top tier host. :beer:

and a dear friend also.

PETE

rounder
11-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Another happy Smiley customer. I bought a custom bike and did not have any particular issues, but wanted to be sure that the bike would fit. It did.