PDA

View Full Version : Fierte Ti/Classique Ti

hvulpus
11-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Fierte Ti and the Classique Ti?

AngryScientist
11-02-2011, 06:01 AM
do you have a year range in mind? i'm far from the expert, but i believe the classique ti uses straight gauge tubing while the fierte uses butted.

if you can narrow down the year you're thinking of, the catalog section of this forum might give you some ideas.

hvulpus
11-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Actually, the 2007 catalogue mentions size specific titanium tubing for the Fierte, but nothing about butting.

hvulpus
11-02-2011, 08:34 AM
In the current on-line catalogue, the Ti in cyclo-cross seems to be swagged, but the road model says nothing about the tubing; only the poetic but imprecise:

"The Classique TI is like a phenomenal bottle of surprisingly affordable wine. At a glance it may look like other titanium bikes but beneath the surface is the spirit of Serotta. It’s simple, yet mysteriously complex, bringing out the best subtlties that the US sourced, Serotta engineered titanium has to offer. "

AngryScientist
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
yea, as i mentioned, i'm definitely not the expert, but my understanding is that the classique is a pretty basic, but good Ti model, made with standard straight gauge tubing. the other Ti models offer some custom stuff, hence why they are more expensive.

someone else will chime in with more info, i'm sure.

oldpotatoe
11-02-2011, 08:43 AM
In the current on-line catalogue, the Ti in cyclo-cross seems to be swagged, but the road model says nothing about the tubing; only the poetic but imprecise:

"The Classique TI is like a phenomenal bottle of surprisingly affordable wine. At a glance it may look like other titanium bikes but beneath the surface is the spirit of Serotta. It’s simple, yet mysteriously complex, bringing out the best subtlties that the US sourced, Serotta engineered titanium has to offer. "

http://www.jpeterman.com/Sport-Coats-Suits/Velvet-Squires-Blazer

DRZRM
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
My understanding has always been that the Classique is straight gauge, Fierte is double butted, and the Legend in places used triple butted tubing, but like many above, I'm not entirely sure this is true across all years.

Mike748
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Fierte had a butted down tube only and Fierte-specific geometry with 9 degree slope TT and long head tube.

Fixed
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Fierte had a butted down tube only and Fierte-specific geometry with 9 degree slope TT and long head tube.
bingo
cheers